PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see Manning's shot at us on Media Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to be overly bothered by this stuff, but this one got under my skin, maybe because it was early in the morning...

During one of his conferences, he was asked to comment on how the Colts have been expected to get here for the last few years and haven't lived up to expectations, and after giving the generic answers he went out of his way to say (paraphrasing) "I think in the past we've been better than the ones who have made it here and won, but I guess it was just their time". To add insult to injury, the station I saw it on showed clips of the Pats' super bowls as he said it.

What is with this season, everybody honestly seems to have a real hatred for New England.

Yeah, well, with a few breaks -- AND IF WE HADN'T THOUGHT THE SB WAS OURS WHEN WE BEAT THE SUPER PICK, SAN DIEGO, THE WEEK BEFORE !!! --- we'd be back there again, even if in Pay-a-ton's mind we were "not the better team.

Hey, the guy's an egoist. What else is new?

//

ya too bad this guy's SB appearance will be one and done much like Steve Young.

All you pats fans should be happy manning dissed you. No team has a better ability to rally around a perceived slight than the Pats. I fear that that remark may have won sb42 for you.

Now if you'll excuse me I really must finish weaving this basket. B4 those nice nurses come back to put me back in my padded room.:p
I guess that Patriots Super Bowl victory put you over the edge. I hope that strait jacket doesn't itch!

Ohhhh I dunno. Maybe it's bc y'all have won 3 out of 4 SBs during the first half of this decade? You think that might have something to do w/ it possibly?:D I can remember when we had our run as the GSOT. You know right b4 y'all stole all that in 2001, ya the good yrs. Anyhoo in 2001 I had CLOSE personal friends of mine actually pulling AGAINST my own %@%$#$@ Ram team!!! It goes w/out saying that I'm not friends of theirs anymore, but it wasn't just on a national level. It happened even on a local one. Everyone it seemed absolutely HATED my beloved Rams. And honestly they hated us for NO GOOD @#$@%@#$#@ reason. THEY JUST DID.:mad:

EVERYBODY...........and I mean EVERYBODY was a Patriot fan for SB 36. And what pi$$ed me off the most about that? Was that NOBODY gave two $hits about your team........UNTIL they played us in the SB. Look I understand that y'all cared about your own team, I get that really I do. I'm not trying to offend any of you, & I like your forum (you're nice ppl). I'm just talking about from a Ram fan perspective, & from the perspective of someone who doesn't live in Boston etc. Nobody cared about the Patriots, even after the Tuck rule (on a national level). Everybody was a Steeler fan, until you beat them. Then almost like MAGIC, the media invents this "Cinderella season" for the beloved upstart @#$@#%@#$ Patriots.:rolleyes: Ohhh what a load of cr@p. Y'all were the team that no one wanted to see in there, & surprised everybody when you won it.

But were all those bandwagoners genuine Pats fans? Ohhhhh hell no, they dropped you like it was hot the very next yr. I've NEVER seen a TWO TIME SB Champion be considered an UNDERDOG, & for the life of me I still don't know how y'all manage to pull it off. But sure nuff, as your @%@#$@% Pattys were making their 3rd SB run nobody in the media said that they had a shot. (OK maybe a few did, but I'm making generalizations here). So once again you were the underdog against TO & the Beagles. Heck even this yr. you were supposed to get mowed up by the Chargers, & if they had a REAL coach you very well might have. Suffice to say after all this time it's AMAZING that a 3x SB Champion hasn't picked up a litany of band wagon loving fans, & it might be due to the ugly style w/ which you win. Hey no offense I'd love to win 3 SBs on a FG. All I'm getting at is that for whatever reason, ppl certainly don't love to cheer for the Pats. And w/ as much success as y'all have enjoyed? Ppl DEFINITELY love to watch you go DOWN, especially ME. So some of you may not understand it, but even if you don't. I hope your Patriots finally have to pay that piper, & FINALLY stop winning the $@$#@%#@ SB.:mad:

Besides being mildly incoherent, this post is total BS. The Patriots were SAVAGED by the media leading up to SB36. They were mocked, laughed at and ripped for even daring to be in the SB. There may have been some sentiment from the general public in the Pats favor, but not from the media and even most of those people never gave them a chance to win, which is an insult in my book.

Ohhhh I dunno. Maybe it's bc y'all have won 3 out of 4 SBs during the first half of this decade? You think that might have something to do w/ it possibly?:D I can remember when we had our run as the GSOT. You know right b4 y'all stole all that in 2001, ya the good yrs. Anyhoo in 2001 I had CLOSE personal friends of mine actually pulling AGAINST my own %@%$#$@ Ram team!!! It goes w/out saying that I'm not friends of theirs anymore, but it wasn't just on a national level. It happened even on a local one. Everyone it seemed absolutely HATED my beloved Rams. And honestly they hated us for NO GOOD @#$@%@#$#@ reason. THEY JUST DID.:mad:

EVERYBODY...........and I mean EVERYBODY was a Patriot fan for SB 36. And what pi$$ed me off the most about that? Was that NOBODY gave two $hits about your team........UNTIL they played us in the SB. Look I understand that y'all cared about your own team, I get that really I do. I'm not trying to offend any of you, & I like your forum (you're nice ppl). I'm just talking about from a Ram fan perspective, & from the perspective of someone who doesn't live in Boston etc. Nobody cared about the Patriots, even after the Tuck rule (on a national level). Everybody was a Steeler fan, until you beat them. Then almost like MAGIC, the media invents this "Cinderella season" for the beloved upstart @#$@#%@#$ Patriots.:rolleyes: Ohhh what a load of cr@p. Y'all were the team that no one wanted to see in there, & surprised everybody when you won it.

But were all those bandwagoners genuine Pats fans? Ohhhhh hell no, they dropped you like it was hot the very next yr. I've NEVER seen a TWO TIME SB Champion be considered an UNDERDOG, & for the life of me I still don't know how y'all manage to pull it off. But sure nuff, as your @%@#$@% Pattys were making their 3rd SB run nobody in the media said that they had a shot. (OK maybe a few did, but I'm making generalizations here). So once again you were the underdog against TO & the Beagles. Heck even this yr. you were supposed to get mowed up by the Chargers, & if they had a REAL coach you very well might have. Suffice to say after all this time it's AMAZING that a 3x SB Champion hasn't picked up a litany of band wagon loving fans, & it might be due to the ugly style w/ which you win. Hey no offense I'd love to win 3 SBs on a FG. All I'm getting at is that for whatever reason, ppl certainly don't love to cheer for the Pats. And w/ as much success as y'all have enjoyed? Ppl DEFINITELY love to watch you go DOWN, especially ME. So some of you may not understand it, but even if you don't. I hope your Patriots finally have to pay that piper, & FINALLY stop winning the $@$#@%#@ SB.:mad:

Dude!!!!
PLEASE keep posting here! Your enthusiasm is awesome!!!

Now for a thought that will make you puke, cause sleepless nights, and nightmares when you finally do fall asleep! We were within 4 points, one minute and a dropped pass away from being there again!!!! And this with our 3rd stringers and st players on D because our starters were spending the half time on the big white telephone with an IV drip in their arms due to a flu that wiped this team out! Oh... and we have 238 draft picks this year, with a couple of billion first rounders, and 28 cazillion dollars under the cap to sign them and FA's to get better for next year. Be scared. Be VERY scared.

Time to convert and join the dark side, instead of fighting it and beating yourself up so!

Yeah ummm, my bad on that one

Dont ever apologize for that one. I have never laughed so hard as when I have read his posts or replies to him like Tippetts! This guy is great, just dont let the crazy colors and carzy rants get to you. Take it like its meant. Good entertainment.

Why dont you and Chris Everett go drink some beers somewhere. hahahhahhah. How jim became Chris.........click the link...

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/938

I'm not one to be overly bothered by this stuff, but this one got under my skin, maybe because it was early in the morning...

During one of his conferences, he was asked to comment on how the Colts have been expected to get here for the last few years and haven't lived up to expectations, and after giving the generic answers he went out of his way to say (paraphrasing) "I think in the past we've been better than the ones who have made it here and won, but I guess it was just their time". To add insult to injury, the station I saw it on showed clips of the Pats' super bowls as he said it.

What is with this season, everybody honestly seems to have a real hatred for New England.

This is Peytons exact quote
"The years we haven't gotten here we haven't deserved to be here. The teams that have beaten us deserved to win they were the better team.This year we feel like we have been the best team in the AFC and that is why we are here"

I watched both media days and this was the only time that he referenced the past games

This is Peytons exact quote
"The years we haven't gotten here we haven't deserved to be here. The teams that have beaten us deserved to win they were the better team.This year we feel like we have been the best team in the AFC and that is why we are here"

I watched both media days and this was the only time that he referenced the past games

Yeah, that's definitely not the quote I'm referencing here. He 100% made reference to being better than other teams in past years despite losing to them, he spoke about frustration. If the quote I saw was the one you just mentioned, I wouldn't have noticed it at all, that's just generic response stuff. No offense, but it's a little hard to believe that you caught every snippet that Peyton Manning said to reporters on Media Day.

the patriots were better than the colts in those past years, that is what matters. not if this indy team would have beat those patriots teams that is meaningless.

http://www.patscap.com/peyton.pdf

is a transcript of his remarks yesterday. The transcipt came from the NFL.

Read it and decide for yourself if Manning took a shot at the Patriots.

What are you talking about? We did win those games. It's Peyton who's saying they were the better team. I don't get it.

To be accurate, it's a Pats fan saying that Peyton saying that they were the better team.

During one of his conferences...he went out of his way to say (paraphrasing) "I think in the past we've been better than the ones who have made it here and won, but I guess it was just their time".

I really don't make too much of this. I think all of the premier teams that don't get to the SB always think they're better than the ones that made it.

Put it this way, do you really think that Brady, Brewski, Harrison and Seymour think the Colts are better than they are? (Note, I'm not saying that the four wouldn't admit the Colts played better in Indy two weeks ago but I am saying that they would never say the Colts are the better team this year.)

Why dont you and Chris Everett go drink some beers somewhere. hahahhahhah. How jim became Chris.........click the link...

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/938
DUDE don't call him Chris!!! Seriously though I'm TOTALLY impressed that you found that, & actually remembered it. Seriously man KUDOS to you. We WERE dogs back then (even w/ him & Bettis), so the fact that a Patriot fan remembers Jim Everett? Really impresses me. So just knock it off, or I'm going to start crying. And ya I clicked the link just to be sure you were talking about where he punched Rome out (bc yes I have seen it b4).:cool:

Besides being mildly incoherent, this post is total BS. The Patriots were SAVAGED by the media leading up to SB36. They were mocked, laughed at and ripped for even daring to be in the SB. There may have been some sentiment from the general public in the Pats favor, but not from the media and even most of those people never gave them a chance to win, which is an insult in my book.
Man I am COMPLETELY offended by what you said about me. I mean come on give me some credit!!! I'll have you know that I'm COMPLETELY incoherent THANK YOU. So if you're going to talk about somebody........GET IT RIGHT!!! And now that I've cleared that up, I'll say this. You might very well remember 01 the way that you perceived it, but I remember it differently. Most likely our differences come from our perspectives being on two different sides of the battle lines. But I can tell you that the majority of ppl here locally (& from what I saw across the nation) became $@%@#!@#$@ Patriot fans that day. And there was a reason why they were calling it "PATRIOTS DAY" after all. Call it BS if you want to, but just bc everyone across the nation didn't fall down & worship your boys? Doesn't mean that they weren't pulling for them. And outside of Ram fans NOBODY was pulling for my team.:mad:

Oh... and we have 238 draft picks this year, with a couple of billion first rounders, and 28 cazillion dollars under the cap to sign them and FA's to get better for next year. Be scared. Be VERY scared.
Oh that's nothing new, y'all ALWAYS have that. And of course that's one more reason why I hate your Pattys. I mean it's not that hard to figure out what your boys are doing, but for some reason it's got the rest of the NFL befuddled. Every offseason I hear about teams taking away your "high value" players. Aka Patriot players that we actually remember the name of outside of Foxboro. Anyway sure as shooting, every yr. the NFL is DUMPING a wad of compensatory picks right in your lap. It's so unfair it's become downright laughable to me. There's NO WAY we're going to escape this decade w/out your #%@@#%@% Patriots winning their 4th SB.:mad: And more than likely they'll go on to win a 5th & 6th one b4 the decade is out. That of course would normally make me vomit, but lucky for me I'm so dehydrated any more puke would cause me to blackkkkkkkkk..........oooouu..........

Dont ever apologize for that one. I have never laughed so hard as when I have read his posts or replies to him like Tippetts! This guy is great, just dont let the crazy colors and carzy rants get to you. Take it like its meant. Good entertainment.
NOW CUT THAT OUT. What do you want to do ruin my bad reputation around here?!!?!? Good lord man I've worked HARD to get where I'm at. I mean after a few weeks, I've ALMOST gotten to where I'm being called a troll at least once every day. Now you want to come along & ruin all that??!!?? HAVE some DECENCY for crying out loud!!! Or at the very least keep that kinda cr@p to yourself. Don't go around ruining my bad name, just bc you might actually get my humor. Just don't be that guy.:p

thanks, miguel. as usual yours is a voice of reason. i read the transcript and Manning actually says that in past years the better teams went to the SB from the conference, so someone must have misread or misinterpreted his remarks.

This is pretty much just the same quote the Colts fan gave a page or so back. My reply hasn't changed since then (as in, this can't be everything). I realize that without a link what I'm saying looks dubious, but read the OP: what I posted is basically the polar opposite of what this quote says, how could I have gotten it that wrong?

Miguel, you are such a downer, can't you ever just let us enjoy our Peyton/Colts-bashing?? ;) (j/k by the way, if nothing else I'd rather this board be right than just keep recycling misinformation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes