PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see insde the NFL last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
Chris Carter called the Chargers immature.and they will not win.

I actually liked it last night. They followed Kraft to work. It was interesting to see the painful attempts at conversation he has with Donald Trump in the owners box at last week's game. Also, I'm fairly certain he doesn't yell out of the window of his car when the cameras aren't on him. Interesting insight though. I still don't get the Belichick and Moss conversation snippet, and I've seen it a couple times now. BB says to Randy (talking about catching the ball during a game) "You know, if you can go up and get it, I think you should just go up and get it." I mean, when did BB turn into John Madden?:D

I did!!!! Its so damn true, but he said it meaning the Chargers aren't mature enought to be in a Superbowl, win it or loose in it.

I still don't get the Belichick and Moss conversation snippet, and I've seen it a couple times now. BB says to Randy (talking about catching the ball during a game) "You know, if you can go up and get it, I think you should just go up and get it." I mean, when did BB turn into John Madden?:D

I think it's positive reinforcement to keep Randy focused on an aspect of his game. Belichick is a master of it.

I think it's positive reinforcement to keep Randy focused on an aspect of his game. Belichick is a master of it.

Yeah I know, it was a cool minute of insight into his motivational technique because he's basically saying "you know you can do it, any ball in your vicinity is yours, your so good that it's up to you when you want to just snatch those balls out of the air." It's not an outright compliment, but if you put yourself in Randy's shoes (hard, I know) what would be more confidence-building than that? I actually thought it was an incredibly cool glimpse of how BB can make you feel like a god who's capable of anything, or put the fear of god in you, depending on how your built and what gets you up for the game.

I still don't get the Belichick and Moss conversation snippet, and I've seen it a couple times now. BB says to Randy (talking about catching the ball during a game) "You know, if you can go up and get it, I think you should just go up and get it." I mean, when did BB turn into John Madden?:D
Moss does have a tendency to put his arms out and let the ball fall into them as opposed to stretching them out and catching it at the highest point possible. I think what you're seeing is Belichick giving a positive piece of advice without being an abrasive jerk about it.

Moss does have a tendency to put his arms out and let the ball fall into them as opposed to stretching them out and catching it at the highest point possible. I think what you're seeing is Belichick giving a positive piece of advice without being an abrasive jerk about it.

Yeah that's true too, I didn't think about it. I always thought one of the coolest things that Moss does is run with his arms down when he has his defender beat (which is always) and run with his hands down until the very last second so that the defender doesn't know he's about to catch a ball being thrown to him. So you're saying that Belichick is saying subtly, "you're doing the fake non-catch thing too much, you should just forget about it for a while and just grab the balls with your hands up, you'll beat the defender anyway." That makes sense too, I hadn't thought of that.

I actually liked it last night. They followed Kraft to work. It was interesting to see the painful attempts at conversation he has with Donald Trump in the owners box at last week's game. Also, I'm fairly certain he doesn't yell out of the window of his car when the cameras aren't on him. Interesting insight though. I still don't get the Belichick and Moss conversation snippet, and I've seen it a couple times now. BB says to Randy (talking about catching the ball during a game) "You know, if you can go up and get it, I think you should just go up and get it." I mean, when did BB turn into John Madden?:D
So what did Moss say, or was there any response from him on film?

They were mature enough to beat the Colts. I mean I agree with the guy I despise the Chargers more than any other team at this point but they can clearly get it done on the field.

So what did Moss say, or was there any response from him on film?

Moss stood there, wide eyed, like a little boy listening to his dad coach him up during a pop warner game, nodding his head, and saying "Yes sir" through his mouth guard.

Just like he should.

Last edited:
"You know, if you can go up and get it, I think you should just go up and get it." I mean, when did BB turn into John Madden?:D

I think this same conversation was showed during the path to perfection film -- or at least a similar one. So it must have been early in the season.

I interpreted it as BB saying, "go get the ball, don't wait for it to come to you." It sounded as though it was a follow up to something he'd told him before that and he was using a play as an example.

1) It was interesting to see the painful attempts at conversation he has with Donald Trump in the owners box at last week's game.

2) Also, I'm fairly certain he doesn't yell out of the window of his car when the cameras aren't on him.

1) I watched that segment w/ Kraft, too. I wonder, were the exchanges brief because Trump knew so little about football, that trying to explain in greater detail would have been fruitless; or because Trump knew so much, that any embellishment would have been unnecessary?

2) I've never watched a Pats game live since he became owner, so can anyone confirm or deny Kraft's PDA with the fans while driving to the games?

1) I watched that segment w/ Kraft, too. I wonder, were the exchanges brief because Trump knew so little about football, that trying to explain in greater detail would have been fruitless; or because Trump knew so much, that any embellishment would have been unnecessary?

2) I've never watched a Pats game live since he became owner, so can anyone confirm or deny Kraft's PDA with the fans while driving to the games?

My take is that the conversations were kept short and meaningless because Trump was too busy making the Donald Trump face and worrying about which camera angle he was getting and filling himself with even more of himself (if that's even possible). You can't have a conversation of any substance when you have all those things in your head.

I think this same conversation was showed during the path to perfection film -- or at least a similar one. So it must have been early in the season.

I interpreted it as BB saying, "go get the ball, don't wait for it to come to you." It sounded as though it was a follow up to something he'd told him before that and he was using a play as an example.

The quote is from the first TD Randy scored against the Giants. (I saw it as part of that highlight package on Inside the NFL). Randy stood there, looking eye to eye with BB saying "Right, yes, yes sir".

These guys are human beings, I'm sure BB is busting their chops a lot, (serving that pie) but when he sees a player do something that he's been suggesting, the positive reinforcement makes a difference. Even with adult athletes.

Actually, that's pretty deep! You can take that philosophy and apply it to so many other things like;

If you can catch the ball, I think you should just catch it
If there's a hole, I think you should just run through it
If you can tackle a guy, I think you should just go ahead & tackle him
Etc., etc.

The possibilities are endless. No wonder he's called a genius!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey