PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see CHFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Belichick will let the Pats know that Vegas thinks the Jets are more likely to win the Super Bowl than we are.

I saw the Pats at 15-1.

Regardless, even if these doom-and-gloom lines are taken as gospel, that still puts the Pats in the playoffs and still leaves them as one of the top 10 or so favorites for the Super Bowl. Hardly the 4-12 season some on here seem to think the injury portends.

That aside, I think two things are happening with that betting line: 1) people overreacting to any impact Favre will have with the Jets (he makes them better, but not to the degree we see here...they just barely pulled out a squeeker against the Fins for God's sake); and 2) overreacting to Brady's injury...the Pats are significantly weaker, but they still have one of the best top-to-bottom rosters in the game and weapons galore for the QB to throw to/hand off to. I mean, seriously, this team as presently constructed is better than the one that won it all in 2001: best WR in the game (ever?), best slot receiver in the game, top-10 running game, top-10 TE combo, top-5 to top-10 defense.

We could split our RB corps in half and have a top 10 running game twice!

The wise guys still have the Pats as the 6th best team in the AFC. That 6th best team will probably make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back