PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone notice how Pats/Jets isn't getting much post-game attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting enough press. It was just a featured segment on the half-time show of MNF. The issue is maybe how the focus is on the Jets and how they blew it by not letting Favre open it up, not how the Pats played pretty well without their best player and held the Annointed One to 10 pts. and seemed to psych out the Jets coaches. I don't mind flying under the radar and having no one take us very seriously. It will allow Cassel to get comfortable and our great coaching staff to come up with some good game plans for him.

We should also thank the football gods for the schedule we got (although where were they on the Brady play?!?). I was initially bummed out that our bye came so early and the first four games looked like the "easy" part of the schedule, when we wouldn't need a bye. However, since we need time to ease Cassel in, it actually comes at a good time, before and after a couple of (relatively speaking) easy opponents (and no, I don't take anyone lightly, and neither will BB).

No one outside of New England wants to hear about another Patriots win or a Brett Favre loss. They're just playing the numbers!

It's getting enough press. It was just a featured segment on the half-time show of MNF. The issue is maybe how the focus is on the Jets and how they blew it by not letting Favre open it up, not how the Pats played pretty well without their best player and held the Annointed One to 10 pts. and seemed to psych out the Jets coaches. I don't mind flying under the radar and having no one take us very seriously. It will allow Cassel to get comfortable and our great coaching staff to come up with some good game plans for him.

We should also thank the football gods for the schedule we got (although where were they on the Brady play?!?). I was initially bummed out that our bye came so early and the first four games looked like the "easy" part of the schedule, when we wouldn't need a bye. However, since we need time to ease Cassel in, it actually comes at a good time, before and after a couple of (relatively speaking) easy opponents (and no, I don't take anyone lightly, and neither will BB).

Yeah, I saw plenty of coverage too. Seriously though, how can anyone expect the Pats/Jets game to be the marque post games story on Sunday when you have a bunch of miraculous comebacks and a screw job by the ref? Sports news is entertainment. Matt Cassel throwing short, efficient passes may make Pats fans happy, but it makes for a boring highlight package. If I was running one of these post game wrap up shows, I wouldn't have focused on the Pats game as one of the primary games either and I am a Pats fan.

During halftime on Monday Night, they talked about the game.

Or how the Jets coaching staff made a terrible decision to run it 3 times from the 5 yard line and not use Brett Favre who is THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Nary a word about Matt Cassel. The Patriots won only because the Jets coaching staff did not allow JESUS WITH A FOOTBALL to throw the ball every down.

Last edited:

Or how the Jets coaching staff made a terrible decision to run it 3 times from the 5 yard line and not use Brett Favre who is THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Nary a word about Matt Cassel. The Patriots won only because the Jets coaching staff did not allow JESUS WITH A FOOTBALL to throw the ball every down.

Because the Jets blowing it is a more interesting story angle than Matt Cassel was efficient, but unremarkable. Which is a more interesting story in a segment, a team blowing the game because they decided to take the ball out of the hands of their HOF QB or an unheralded back up who didn't do anything spectacular, but was efficient and effective.

They already played out the whole "first start since high school" angle the entire week leading up to the game. How do you make Cassel's performance interesting to the millions of non-Patriots fans watching the game? The Jets blowing it and Favre failing is a far more interesting to the millions of people watching the game who were neither Jets or Patriots fans. If Cassel had two TDs, the storyline would have shifted.

LOL Jesus with a football is going to be Mangenius undoing... Eric didn't read the fine print in Brett's contract that clearly stipulates if teams win it's because they had him and if they lose it's because the HC is an idiot. Might as well just let him sling it since you're likely toast either way... Once he's on your roster he has an automatic no cut clause...which means your either a lame duck or a dead duck just along for the ride.

I was wondering if teh game would make it to one ofteh 4 NFL games...Minn-Indy..GB-Det Denv-SD....they all like those..LOTS of offense in most...and the ref scew job....and the 4th unannounced..I think Dall-Phila?? The Jets-Pats was more a positional defensive game..and that its under the radar is OK. Let the media focus on others..forget the Pats are alive..and let Cassel develop in the quiet..THAT is all fine..
Let Favre and the Jets have all the limelight...the Chargers MNF?? Not good...home against the Cards? Hmmm..not getting any better for Mangenius...oh well.

The Jets blowing it and Favre failing is a far more interesting to the millions of people watching the game who were neither Jets or Patriots fans.
Your not paying attention, Favre didnt blow it, the jets coaches did by not using Favre correctly :rolleyes:

Jesus with a football :rofl::rofl:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm happy to see that the media isn't all over the Pats. That's one distraction that Cassel, in particular, doesn't need right now.

Favre is older than Jets coaching staffs. I guess he knows more about football than RAT and his buddies. These idiots tell him how he should play the game. Jesus. 140+ million dollars goes down to toilet just like that. So much for new upgrades!

If Rats goes down, he wants to bring Jets down with him too.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm happy to see that the media isn't all over the Pats. That's one distraction that Cassel, in particular, doesn't need right now.

Quite agree. Count me in your camp. I would rather the media annoit the Bills as the SB champion than focus on games MC played when he was six months old. :cool:

To the OP: many pointed this out but still - given the excitment of so many other games, I don't think that Pats-Jets game deserved any kind of attention other than a brief coverage.

Who cares? There way WAT too much attention surrounding the Pats last year on ESPN. This year, I'd prefer that they actually fly under the radar.

This team plays great with servings of disrespect and humble pie for desert.

This team plays great with servings of disrespect and humble pie for desert.

Humble pie is good.....

And yes...I agree that we are flying below the radar and I am definitely happy about it!!

The game was boring. It can be pretty much summed up like this: The Pats ground out a win where the Jets never really appeared that close.

There's not really any highlights, not really any stars making big plays. Nothing to generate revenue from. ESPN is a business and contrarian shock news is their specialty.

Except the AD sack, and that Faulk catch.

Nothing to generate revenue from. ESPN is a business and contrarian shock news is their specialty.

Not exactly. They ran the Marvin Harrison gun story for less than 24 hours and then moved on. If that had been a pats guy, greeny would be doing his "91 days without a word from the NFL" and so on.

Heck, when Lawyer Milloy got arrested for DUI Sunday night, espn first ran it as "an ex-pats player gets arrested for DUI" before changing it to a falcons player(a friend told me this. I don't view the network anymore). The pats were 3 teams ago!!

So...fixed!
Nothing to generate revenue from. ESPN is a business and PATRIOTS contrarian shock news is their specialty.

monitoring that douchebag jason smith on espn radio all week, all he did was hype the game and the "closing of the gap" and the "passing of the torch" and the fantastic acquisitions, in the off season, by the jets. sunday night ? barely a peep. almost as if they hadn't played. never mentioned that there is still a huge gap and the passing of the torch was to cassel, not to favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes