PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone notice how good Ben Watson looks ths year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady-To-Branch

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Heading into the season, I was Watson's biggest critic, stopping short of calling him a bust. I hated his bad hands and his poor blocking, etc. Though he did have a drop against SD, he looked very good getting open and making plays. Maybe it's the new WRs? That said, I was impressed with his blocking. He's looking like he's making big strides in this area. I hope he keeps this up.

Last edited:
I think everyone has noticed bar the Chargers secondary who were all so far away when he caught the opening TD on Sunday night that they probably couldn't see him in the distance.

No question the presence of Moss and Welker has freed up space for the entire receiving corp. Brady is completing 80+ % of his passes and I have never seen so many wide open receptions. No longer will Watson have to shoot down the center of the field and be target practice for waiting safeties.

Watson was/is still learning how to run crisper routes and find the soft spot in zone defenses.

He is benefiting from the pressure the likes of Moss, Welker, Stallworth and even Maroney lining up in the backfield put on a defense.

However it does seem to me that he is catching the ball better. I just remember on many occasions last year how he didnt come back to the ball properly or didnt have his hands away from his body to receive the ball, thus causing the pass to kick off his hands, palm or shoulder.

Keep in mind this is his 3rd full year of actually playing in this offense.

He is improving, no question.

Even his blocking looked good. That would give the Pats more flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back