Welcome to PatsFans.com

ANyone listen to Savage lately?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it just me, or is he lost his edgeiness? He used to be so much more fun than he has been lately..anyone else notice?
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow.... not only does no one here listen to Savage (and with good reason), but no one reads your posts... ouch...
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hallucinogenics cause brain damage. They make you see what isn't there, and not see what is there. Caveat emptor!

-----------------------------

Good post, ELO, but I don't get Savage where I live and the one time I heard him he seemed a bit tightly wound.

//
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I used to cath him on occasion when he was on WRKO at night. they don't play him till real late now, and I only listen to AM when I'm in the car, so I guess you can do the math. I'm not a Savage fan, as I think he's a loony extremist most of the time, but I do get a chuckled from his schtick. It's Archie Bunker, old pissed off grandapa kinda stuff, and that's always funny. He has that old time "in my day we used to....." schtick.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Savage sounds like the really gay guy from Independence Day...
  6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People who dont like him are the same people who generally dont like to hear the truth...mostly liberals
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

what truth? lol.... i demand the truth, which is exactly why i DON'T listen to a racist clown like Savage
  8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really? Tell me 1 lie he has said?
  9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Savage is best in small doses. His shtick gets old fast. I'm pretty much all political talked out. I cant hear any more O'Reilly, Ingraham, Hannity or Savage. Now its all pretty much Opie & Anthony or Ron & Fez if not music.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

first of all, his real name is Michael Weiner... so right off the bat, he embodies a lie....

but, because you've served up batting practice, watch out on Landsdowne...

- the IRS stripped Michael Savage's "Paul Revere Society" of its 501(c)(3) status... that means contributions (membership fees, etc.) are no longer tax-deductible. ... that's contrary to what Dr. Weiner writes on the Paul Revere Web site

- Dr. Weiner: "[H]ave you gone out and bought Clinton's new book, Mein Kampf? ... [T]he English translation is My Life, but I suppose in German it's gonna be translated into Mein Kampf. It should be a big seller over there."

actually, Dr. Phallus, The English translation of the German words "Mein Kampf" is not "my life"; rather, the English translation of "Mein Kampf" is "my struggle." In German, "my life" is "Mein Leben."

- Earlier this month, Savage was discussing this with a caller from New Orleans, who said this:

“Who says the Iranians won’t be as savage, no pun intended, as we should be and totally wipe the Sunnis off the face of the Earth? Now we’ve got a bigger problem, because we have a large Iran and Iraq combined, sitting on, you know, two-thirds of the world’s oil.”​

To which Savage replied:

Well, I understand that. So let’s say, let’s take that scenario. We pull out, we arm the Sunnis and the Sunnis start to fight the Iranians. The Iranians unleash everything they have on the Sunni Triangle, to kill every man, woman and child in the Sunni Triangle, right? And they do so. Well, after they do it, doesn’t that justify us using a few nukes on Iran, and then we’ve solved two of our problems at the same time? We’ve let them kill our enemy in the Sunni Triangle, and then we’ve taken out the most vicious of the mullahs in Iran. What’s wrong with that plan?”​

The caller then said “you just can’t solve it with nuclear weapons,” and starts to explain when he is interrupted by Savage:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let’s slow down. Let’s slow down. I didn’t say nuke Iran, did I? I said we take on Iran. There are many many ways to decimate Iran’s military capacity without nuclear weapons. We have the power, the conventional power to do so.”​

would you like more? i've only tapped the tip of the iceberg... in fact, there's an entire book about Savage's habitual lying and fact distorting... here's the forward:

From the Publisher

Radio talk show host and author Michael Savage has for years been given free rein to distort facts, cherrypick information and just plain lie in supporting his radical conservative opinions. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the three books Savage considers his "legacy."

But now, award-winning journalist Bill Bowman puts the truth to Savage's lies, revealing Savage's rampant egotism, sloppy research and willingness to spin "facts"out of whole cloth.

This is not an attack on Savage's opinions. It is, however, a long- overdue fact checking of some of the bedrock arguments Savage uses to substantiate those opinions.

Bill Bowman is a journalist with more than 20 years' experience covering issues on the local, state and national levels. His reporting has led to judicial findings of ethical violations and influence peddling on the part of local officials, to the expansion of financial reporting requirements of New Jersey Superior, Supreme and Tax Court judges and to the establishment of a first-in-the-nation program that provided life-saving thermal imaging cameras to every fire department and fire academy in New Jersey.

earlier this week Savage said, he was invited to appear on the Larry King show, in the wake of the Don Imus meltdown. Savage refused to go on the show, saying that his words would be taken out of context and used against him. Oh please. Savage is the master of taking things out of context.

So then he challenges King to call in (naturally assuming that Larry King listens to his show. There is no end to this man’s self-love). He says King won’t call in because he’s a coward. Talk about the pot and the kettle.

Savage is a coward of the highest degree.... He will never, ever appear in a forum (where he doesn’t control the mic. In other words, anywhere but his radio program) in which his “facts” can be dissected and disproved.
  11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets take this one at a time:

Oh please//how pathetic..People in Hollywood have been doing that for 60 years, from Marilyn Monroe to Nicholas Cage. Are they liars as well?

Did he write that AFTER the IRS did the deed, or before? Its not a lie if he said it before the IRS got involved.

[qoute]Dr. Weiner: "[H]ave you gone out and bought Clinton's new book, Mein Kampf? ... [T]he English translation is My Life, but I suppose in German it's gonna be translated into Mein Kampf. It should be a big seller over there."

actually, Dr. Phallus, The English translation of the German words "Mein Kampf" is not "my life"; rather, the English translation of "Mein Kampf" is "my struggle." In German, "my life" is "Mein Leben."[/quote]

You are grasping at straws here--your going to call him a liar because he doesnt speak German? A mistranslation at worse...

I realize you may be too stupid to figure this one out, so i will explain it to you. Try and read the first sentence Savage said...do you see the word SCENARIO in it? He is playing "What if". The stupid ass caller should have pulled that dick out of his ear and listened more closely...as should you apparently....

The rest of your tirade is just pandering crap to sell a book.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The only time I heard him he was drooling into the microphone about how "If you say anti-Israeli things, you hate Jews" or something like that. It wasn't torturous enough so I put on an Air Supply CD and drove my truck into a bridge abutment.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you're beyond an idiot... you asked for one lie from your hero, i provided several... and pointed to a book that covers hundreds more... the man is a well-documented liar and distorter of facts... which speaks volumes for why people like you enjoy his vitriol....

you're just pissed because Savage had nothing bad to say about Pelosi's trip and actually had good things to say about Syria's government... the one time he doesn't provide the fascist rhetoric you prefer, he suddenly "getting soft".... lol...

Rock on, ELO fan...
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

WT... !!! Are you certifiably mad?? 90% of public personalities take stage names!! I'd bet some of your Greenie comrades have. Get a life, dude!! Your opening line makes the rest of your post irrelevant. You sound nuts.

//
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Were you born with such a winning personality, or have you worked hard in your life to attain it? :rolleyes: No self-respecting person wants to dialogue with someone who talks as you do here.

//
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It is well known that Larry King abandoned his life-long radio gig almost twenty years ago, when Rush Limbaugh started to rise. After Limbaugh had been on the air for about a year, one caller asked King what he thought of Rush and King said, "Who? Never heard of him (Rush Limbaugh)."

I knew right there King was all done. His radio show went down through the third sub-basement. The same people were calling him every night, asking the same questions over and over again.

//
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's predictable that you're not asking the same question of him, the guy who initiated this venomous exchange with the "d*ck in your ear" comment ... which is apparently just fine with you... it was tame up until that point... meanwhile, you red-rage right to my response...

you wanna talk civil? start acting civil and initiating civility... both you, and your immature allies here who can dish it out, but can't absorb it... i mean, you're the instigating hypocrite who suggested i was on drugs in post #3... a microcosm of our 'relationship' if there ever was one... you run your mouth on a profoundly personal level, i give it right back, you act elitist as if your insult was OK or never happened...

spare us your self-righteous blather when you're part of the problem...

i'll let you get back to your "self-respecting" dialogue...
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this post above is not only completely irrelevant, but pathetic... it's well-known? to who? the Fogbuster household? show a link, or start talking sense...
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's funny... that's exactly what i come away with about you when i visit here... "you sound nuts"

i'd like to see where you arrived at that 90% figure.... if you don't respond, and with a link, i'll assume it was yet another in a long line of instances whereby you just pull a number out of thin air and hope it sticks....

qualify it however you like... the man changed his birth name... from a profoundly embarrassing one to a "tough-sounding" one... that qualifies as a fraud to me, on certain levels...
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I didn't see no "dik in any ear" comments. Who said that??

//