Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone know much about DE Von Miller

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by MrTibbs, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What's up with that kid Von Miller from Texas A&M? Is he coming out this season or next season? If next season the Patriots are holding onto the Raiders round 1 pick. We better hope they tank some games.

2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Staying...

3. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +393 / 1 / -0

He's horribly undersized right now. He'd have to gain around 20 pounds without losing much speed to be a 3 down player for the Pats. And even then, he's still short.

4. BritPat

BritPat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +298 / 4 / -3

#54 Jersey

The guy the Pats should be targeting next year is Greg Romeus. He'll likely be a top 10 pick now he's staying in, and actually suits what we want to do.

5. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -6

I love Greg Romeus, and had him very high on my list this year. But next year, if we target a DE/OLB pass rusher, there's no way at this point that I would take Romeus over North Carolina's Richard Quinn, who will be a junior next year.

I know many people are still skeptical of BB taking a pass rusher in the draft. But last year he addressed the secondary, and I think this year he addresses the pass rush. I'm hoping we'll have 2 guys drafted who will already be in the pipeline. If that is the case, then we could use the Oakland 2011 pick in another area, such as LSU CB Patrick Peterson or Ohio State 3-4 DE Cameron Heyward. There will be a lot of blue chip prospects in the 2011 draft, more so than in 2010.