PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone kind of disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone kind of disappointed that we don't get to roll over Indy and watch the Peyton Manning Face on the way to the Super Bowl?

No, actually, I'm relieved. At least when we play the Charges, we'll be less likely to be playing against the refs too.

It makes me smile, picturing the fit that Poilan must still be throwing.

no way .the colts arent as bad as they looked today. the chargers for some reason always give them a hard time .i would much rather play the bolts .i just want to win the sb i dont care who the pats play .

The reason the Bolts give the Colts a hard game every time they play even when their records are not close is because of the MATCH UPS.

We have a similar problem with DENVER....regardless of the records Denver is always a bad match up for us.

I won't be disappointed whenever we wipe that stupid smirk off of the sorriest QB in the league's face!

I wouldn't be dissapointed if I were you guys. It's all about winning the SB and the Pats have already proven they are better than every team in the league. Hopefully, our guys can at least heal up a bit and make next week respectable. With no LT, Rivers, Gates, Neal... it doesn't seem like much of a game next week.

No I was dancing when I found out they lost,face it they are the only team that could beat us..

Yeah it would have been nice to beat the current SB Champ on the way. But, hey, It isn't the Patriots fault the Colts couldn't beat the Chargers

I wouldn't be dissapointed if I were you guys. It's all about winning the SB and the Pats have already proven they are better than every team in the league. Hopefully, our guys can at least heal up a bit and make next week respectable. With no LT, Rivers, Gates, Neal... it doesn't seem like much of a game next week.

You know? I don't think the Patriot players would have any other way either. They have never backed down from playing the best and if I have to use another sorry anology, the players on the PGA tour say the same thing about winning.....Its even sweeter when you beat Tiger and win the tournament. The Pats want to play the best team, with all thier players on the field, healthy.

I am actually a bit disappointed only because of how much hype the Pats-Colts AFC Championship would've gotten and how excited I would've been for a rematch. There would've been no doubt that the 2007 Pats were the greatest team of all time if they had beaten the Colts again. Now we get the hobbled Chargers. Oh well, a fitting last game for the RCA Dome, another choke in the playoffs.

IHopefully, our guys can at least heal up a bit and make next week respectable. With no LT, Rivers, Gates, Neal... it doesn't seem like much of a game next week.

LT and Rivers didn't look like they were hurt too bad(easy for me to say) and Rivers was telling Colts fans when he went to the locker room he'd be back.
Unless something comes out otherwise, I'd expect bith to play. Did Gates get hurt again? I didn't see that.

I'm a little disappointed to be honest. As much as I want the Colts to lose, this time, I wanted us to be the team to eliminate them. It would have made it sooooo much sweeter for me. Nothing would have been better then a feeling when we beat Forehead and his chumps for the AFC Championship. So yes, I was disappointed. Honest answer.

Redardless of what happens next week you guys can now have a positive feeling about this season. Hard to believe after September that this 2007 Charger team won two more playoff games than last years 14-2 team. After today I have new found respect for Philip Rivers, and Antonio Gates too for even playing.

A game against the Chargers means more to them than it does to the Pats.

You're talking about a game that is the second to last step in a quest for perfection. I don't see what other motivation they need, and honestly, I'd hope the Chargers are smart enough to get over last year and focus on the task at hand. They came in during week 2 with righteous fury and we how that worked. I think they'll be a lot calmer and focused going into this game. That said, if the Patriots can win next week they will go to 19-0. They already beat the best team in the NFC by 21 points. The AFC is where the true competition is.

With no LT, Rivers, Gates, Neal... it doesn't seem like much of a game next week.

I seriously doubt that LT and Rivers would miss the biggest game of their careers.

LT and Rivers didn't look like they were hurt too bad(easy for me to say) and Rivers was telling Colts fans when he went to the locker room he'd be back.
Unless something comes out otherwise, I'd expect bith to play. Did Gates get hurt again? I didn't see that.

I expect all those guys to play. However, Gates needs surgery at least that's what the talking heads said. I don't know how much he has left.

No, not at all. If Indy couldn't take care of business, that is their problem, not ours. And, besides , we have already beaten them once this year, at their place, so there is nothing Indy can say at this point.
They have some real problems, I think. Dungy may leave, they have some cap issues, and someone is going to have to officially stick a fork into Marvin....

and besides, how can ANYONE be disappointed about anything at this point....

Anyone kind of disappointed that we don't get to roll over Indy and watch the Peyton Manning Face on the way to the Super Bowl?

Yes. I was looking forward to roll them over. Piece of junks. May be we are too dignified to play with them.

Predicted it !!

The Chargers - Colts game was a battle of the walking wounded.

Dungey has been for several weeks trying to hide the fact that Marvin Harrsion needs surgery and at 36 probably wouldn't be back until he is 38. Which probably means Never. Freeney's spin move has been figured out by the LOTs of the league, the past two years, and now he has bum wheels too. The Defensive line is non existant and resembles a 1960s expansion club with 230 # to 250# nobodies.

Ugoh in no Tarik Glenn. Playing downhill with midgets on Defense works only as long has you jump ou to a big lead. Even up, the Colts Defense get tired by the second half; when quickness and speed can't make up any more for being physically abused and worn down. We didi it to them in the second half, and now so did the Chargers. They have a QB, and a couple of good WRs. Period.

San Diego has now had to travel to Indy and then must come to
Gillette next week. A So Cal team is welcome to comew ot frigid Gillette; the long range weather reports advises 15 degrees and Clear with 5 mph winds. Just great for the Pats.

Menawhile the Chargers lost Castillo, Looks like ribs, Jamal Williams has a bum arm and isn't himself anymore, LT went out with a knee, Rivers with a knee and Antonio Gates hobbles around with a broken toe, his explosiveness gone. Their ILBs look to be as stupid as ever, and got a couple of dumb penalties. Norv and his associates were as inferior as ever. Down near the goaline they meekly ran ran into the line and passed incomplete on 3rd and kicked a punt to midfield to let the Colts threaten again immediately. They did this twice! You couldn't ask for more stupid Coaching calls.

I felt all along that the Colts were a paper tiger. Next season the Colts will be lucky to finish in the top half of their suddenly pretty strong division, after several years of the Colts playing six divisional games with nobodies. :p

You know? I don't think the Patriot players would have any other way either. They have never backed down from playing the best and if I have to use another sorry anology, the players on the PGA tour say the same thing about winning.....Its even sweeter when you beat Tiger and win the tournament. The Pats want to play the best team, with all thier players on the field, healthy.

I can totally see your point of view. I guess after winning 3 SB you guys are spoiled a little bit...:) jk. I'm just saying, weather you played us or the Colts, it's not like you guys haven't played tough teams and people will look back and say, well, they didn't play the Colts on their way to the SB... I think if healthy, the Bolts would give you guys a pretty tough game. If i was a fan of any other team, I think I would have wanted to see the Pats and Colts go at it. For some reason, Brady vs. Manning seems way more epic than Brady vs. Rivers...

I seriously doubt that LT and Rivers would miss the biggest game of their careers.

I think most people are over the game last year. I'm sure LT and Rivers will try and give it a go. It does worry me though that both LT and Rivers we're walking around and didn't go back in the game. I doubt it's a lack of toughness (although some of you might think otherwise) as these guys are some of the toughest in the league. Regardless, I'd be amazed of they were 100% by next week.

Last year, the two most talented teams in the NFL were the Patriots and the Chargers. This year, the two most talented teams in the NFL are the Patriots and the Chargers. This is the matchup that should have happened in the AFCCG, even though I've always preferred to play the Colts, since I felt they were the weaker team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back