PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone have any graphical evidence for Touchback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Steed AGAIN??

FloridaPatsFan said:
You know the thing that kills me is the ref that called the play out of bounds and waves his hand over his head for play over marks the ball on the goal line, then looks down at his mark and moves his foot to the 1 yard line. He knew that if the ball went out of bounds ON THE GOAL LINE, then it was a touchback.....the review ref didn't screw it up, the stupid back judge did. Either way, they are both morons and I have talked about this play with a lot of people who are NOT Pats fans and they say the same thing...."you got screwed on that call too"

We all agree that Greg Steed blew the Asante PI call and even overuled the Field Judge who was in perfect position and threww no flag, a few yards away. It now turns out that he was the doofus who ruled Champ's INT return OOB at the one? That's two Strikes!

Tell me was he the clown who also called no INT on Asante, that had to be reversed on review and turned out no tot be even a difficult call to make correctly in the first place. If so Strike Three (in a single game)

Ben Dreith only screwed the Pats once in '76; Greg Steed messed up at least twice and possibly three times. He REALLY REALLY needs to be awarded the "Ben Drieth" Memorial "Gilded Eyeglasses" trophy for all time offical's messup.

PatsWorldChamps said:
any salary cap violations this year? because we all know the donks have never won a super bowl without cheating: per nfl salary cap sanctions. that must hurt huh? you donks have never won a super bowl? LOL... we have three.

Sorry the NFL already ruled that the salary cap violations didn't give Denver any advantage so no it doesn't hurt.....we can always discuss your first Superbowl victory if you want to go that route if you want to go against the NFL rulings(See the "tuck rule")

Agreed, let's put this to bed:
http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB.htm

More pics from other angles. In the first series of pics, I think we'd have to agree the ball needs to be above Bailey's left foot to cross over the pylon. The ball was not over his foot, as proven by the vids posted earlier in the thread.

The second series of pics show the ball was out-of-bounds, and not through the endzone.

buile said:

More pics from other angles. In the first series of pics, I think we'd have to agree the ball needs to be above Bailey's left foot to cross over the pylon. The ball was not over his foot, as proven by the vids posted earlier in the thread.

The second series of pics show the ball was out-of-bounds, and not through the endzone.

Thank you...that's more conclusive than the pictures Patsfan1 tried to cheat on.

buile said:

It's still a matter of angles. I can show you shots of FG attempts that appear to be missed by a mile, but go right through the uprights. It's all the angle of the camera. The only way the ball didn't cross over the pylon is if it lost ALL of it's forward inertia and jumped to the left if it. Those pictures do prove one thing though. He lost the ball on the 2 and they ruled him down at the 1. Another horrendous call in Denver's favor.

Last edited:
Michael said:
It's still a matter of angles. I can show you shots of FG attempts that appear to be missed by a mile, but go right through the uprights. It's all the angle of the camera. The only way the ball didn't cross over the pylon is if it lost ALL of it's forward inertia and jumped to the left if it. Those pictures do prove one thing though. He lost the ball on the 2 and they ruled him down at the 1. Another horrendous call in Denver's favor.

Hahaha now this is a laughable post...ok first, this camera angle is RIGHT behind the ball.....it proves to me that the ball is out of bounds....also, the overhead view that Patsfan1 tried to cheat the spot of the ball proves to me the same thing....its obvious what you guys are claiming happened didnt....remember, you idiots initially started to claim he fumbled at the 1 yard line until I had to disprove that.

Finally, that one yard made a difference between the Broncos scoring the touchdown or not? Dude, get a freaking clue...go get laid or something...

Classic!!!

Still crying over it, the ball was out of bounds, get over it. If Brady was so good, he wouldn't have thrown the pic, and the score woud've been 10-9, and then we would've killed you from then on out, just like we did. But he played a terrible game, and we won. Get over it.

Blame Brady, not the refs.

Bronco Freak said:
Classic!!!

Still crying over it, the ball was out of bounds, get over it. If Brady was so good, he wouldn't have thrown the pic, and the score woud've been 10-9, and then we would've killed you from then on out, just like we did. But he played a terrible game, and we won. Get over it.

Actually, the ball went out of the endzone - fact, lucky for you there is no end zone camera.
Brady IS that good, no he should not have thrown the pick.
Broncos did not kill the patriots in any phase of the game. Patriots really dominated the Broncos as a quick peek at the stat sheet will show, but, sadly for us, killed themselves and that is that. We were not the better team on that night for that very reason, we gave it away and the Broncos were good enough to capitaize - kudos to you for taking the gifts and cashing in, good teams do just that and you did.
If you want to dilude yourself into believing the broncos are the second coming of the 2004 Patriots, be my guest, but let me clue you in, you are a long way from having as complete and dominant a team as the 2004 NEP.
You will have your hands full tomorrow and shoudl you squek by it will not be a cakewalk for you in Detriot.
Now go away and troll elsewhere.

The FACTS:

NO camera angle shows you where the ball was when it went off the field. One side or the other doesn't benefit from any picture. Therefore, the refs made the call they had to regardless of the rest of the game they had.

We can see where Bailey was when he was hit, where he was holding the ball and where the ball landed. That suggests something towards the ball's exit point (I'm giving the Broncos the benefit of the doubt here - it actually suggests a LOT).

Brady should not have thrown the pick. None of this happens if he doesn't. He did, however, have pressure on him and Bailey is undeniably a good player.

Bronco Freak and his buddies have been banned (either that or they just stopped feeling like coming around here - unlikely). Just as well since their arguments were inconsistent and often contradictory.

This thread is done.

/kept the thread going

Last edited:
Bronco Freak said:
Classic!!!

Enough. You've been warned, and now your account has been deactivated. Same goes for broncoted.

In the meantime you guys can go spend some time on the Steelers forums for a while and drive them nuts instead.

Ian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill