PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone have any graphical evidence for Touchback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Its so hard to see from the camera angles. Does anyone have a set of pictures that could help clear up this call. I know the logic to saying its a touchback, and I agree with it. Anyone have any photoshop'd images from the game that show a touchback?

This is just something I heard from another poster on a Jets site, but supposedly Bailey said he even felt that the ball travelled through the endzone and was hoping that the replay wasn't good enough to overturn it.

skri65 said:
Its so hard to see from the camera angles. Does anyone have a set of pictures that could help clear up this call. I know the logic to saying its a touchback, and I agree with it. Anyone have any photoshop'd images from the game that show a touchback?

Does it really matter? We won this game by 14 pts (and ended the game with kneel downs deep in your territory)

Even if the call had gone the other way, you still woulda lost!

BusterTBronco said:
Does it really matter? We won this game by 14 pts (and ended the game with kneel downs deep in your territory)

If the call had gone the other way, take 7 off the board for Denver and put a Pats offense that had moved the ball well all night back on their own 20. I like our chances to make back that other 7 points.

sieglo said:
If the call had gone the other way, take 7 off the board for Denver and put a Pats offense that had moved the ball well all night back on their own 20. I like our chances to make back that other 7 points.

Well, Denver scored on the next play and you DID get the ball right back. Did the Pats get those 7 pts back on the next drive? No, sieglo, I'm afraid they did not.

BusterTBronco said:
Well, Denver scored on the next play and you DID get the ball right back. Did the Pats get those 7 pts back on the next drive? No, sieglo, I'm afraid they did not.

It's a momentum game, dumbass.

BusterTBronco said:

GET OUT OF HERE. NO ONE WANTS YOU ON THIS BOARD. Show some class and LEAVE. You've ruined EVERY single thread you've posted on. Just LEAVE already. Show your so called "class."

Last edited:
BusterTBronco said:

I love people like you, BusterTBronco, who are truly clueless. The Patriots were marching all over the Broncos and, had they received the ball back, the game would have still been 10-6. Had that happened, there is no telling what the game results would have been. The other 2 turnovers don't happen because the series of events leading up to them don't happen.

skri65 said:
GET OUT OF HERE. NO ONE WANTS YOU ON THIS BOARD. Show some class and LEAVE. You've ruined EVERY single thread you've posted on. Just LEAVE already. Show your so called "class."

He knows nothing about football. He contributes nothing.

Put him on ignore. I just did.

BusterTBronco said:

Did Denver score on ANY possession in which the Patriots didn't give them great field position because of a turnover? No, they didn't.

Buster, you have 44 posts a day on a team's board that isnt's even your team. Do you have a life?

BusterTBronco said:

Trying to get back 2 scores is very, very different than being down 4 points late in the game. This should be obvious to all real NFL football fans.

I'm gathered some, and I'll post it in a few.

I'm interested in the exact language of the ruling. On a touchdown score, a ball carrier does not need to cross the goal line inside of the pylon in order to score a touchdown - that's part of the "infinite goal line". I want to know if that's the same when it comes to a ball fumbled forward into the end zone.

I totally agree, no griping here. The Pats should never have been in this position in the first place. I want to know more for my own edification of the rules. Denver took it to the New England, plain and simple.

huskeralk said:
This is just something I heard from another poster on a Jets site, but supposedly Bailey said he even felt that the ball travelled through the endzone and was hoping that the replay wasn't good enough to overturn it.

Say's the Jets fan. :p

skri65 said:

I have this

After watching that clip...it just shows how self destructive the Pats were. A: False start at the 5 yard line on first and goal was a killer.
B: The stupid squib out pass to Givens which didn't work all day.
C: The final mistake by Terrific Tom.

I hope they get a young stud running back so that they can jam it in these situations.

The clip also shows that the play should have resulted in a touchback. Regardless, we still had 3 or 4 more turnovers. One good point made by a poster is that this play changes the turn of events of future plays after that play, so who knows if we have so many turnovers after that. Interesting, but who knows what truly would have happened afterwards. We lost, let's accept it like the classy fans we are.

One of the greatest plays in the history of football, the Immaculate Reception, turns out to be a missed play by the refs. Since there was no replay, the refs couldn't see that the ball went off an offensive teammates shoulderpads to Franco Harris who scored the winning TD. Back in those days, two offensive teammates couldn't tip or deflect a pass to each other. Though I hate the Raiders, they got ripped off on that play, sometimes it happens, and it happened to us this time.

Football is played by and officiated by humans, and the officials had a very bad weekend. The worst call of the weekend was the Polamalu INT, maybe the worst call I've ever seen. And to think they had instant replay for both plays (Bailey's fumble and Polamalu's INT) and still screwed up both of them. Time to use different crews for the Championship games.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone can get me all the video angles of it I'll try to do it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots