PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone have any good brat recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Going to grill some up today and wanted to try a new recipe. Nothing too complicated since the main meal is buffalo shrimp over pasta.

This isn't Green Bay! :)

while grilling them have a pan with beer in it on the grill, when they are done put them in the beer for awhile. YUM!

I boil them in beer and onion for about 20 minutes and then grill up just a bit to make them crispy. I do it with the Italian sausage as well.

How can anyone eat before a game like this without throwing up?

PATSNUTme said:
Dedication and Discipline.

PatsRI said:
Going to grill some up today and wanted to try a new recipe. Nothing too complicated since the main meal is buffalo shrimp over pasta.
I like to cook them until they are almost done. While they are cooking, put one of those disposable aluminum casserole trays on the grille and into it melt 1 stick of butter. Add one onion cut into slices and let it saute until the onions are soft. Pour in a can of your favorite beer.

Once the brats are nearly done, move them into the pan and let them simmer for a couple of beers (my preferred time measurement). Some people like them right out of the pan, although I prefer to put mine back onto the grille to get them a little crispy.

Note: When cooking brats on the grille, NEVER pierce the skin. Always turn them or flip them with tongs. If you pierce them while cooking it lets all of the juices out. Occassionally I have pierced them before putting them into the beer bath to let the flavor in, but never until I was just ready to do so.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Man, I'm one of those people who eat when they are nervous or upset. Or practically any other time, too. :)
When my little guy was in the NICU, I gained about 10 lbs. in a week!

mgcolby said:
I boil them in beer and onion for about 20 minutes and then grill up just a bit to make them crispy. I do it with the Italian sausage as well.

This one kicks ass!!!!! Only I grill them first them boil them. Instead of grilling peppers and onions separate just cut em up and through em into the beer and boil with the brats.

CTPatsFan said:
Man, I'm one of those people who eat when they are nervous or upset. Or practically any other time, too. :)
When my little guy was in the NICU, I gained about 10 lbs. in a week!
I hear you brother! I'm just waiting for the day human teddy bears to come back in vogue. :(

Box_O_Rocks said:
I hear you brother! I'm just waiting for the day human teddy bears to come back in vogue. :(
LOL-I'm right in line behind you!

jeffd said:
This one kicks ass!!!!! Only I grill them first them boil them. Instead of grilling peppers and onions separate just cut em up and through em into the beer and boil with the brats.

This is THE ONLY WAY to cook brats or sausages. Tried many different ways, but none have come close to this.

My wife and I have a coupla brats, but we wouldn't cook 'em.

Put brats on grill. Pour beer on while cooking. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes