PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone got a pic of Seymour being held on the almost Eli sack in 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see if he was truly held.

He was, it was pretty blatant, I remember screaming about it on the replay. I gotta stop responding to threads about specific plays though, it's killing me!!

He was, it was pretty blatant, I remember screaming about it on the replay. I gotta stop responding to threads about specific plays though, it's killing me!!

I just want to see a picture of it.

they held on every friggin play - thats why we lost, we will be back on top of the mountain next year - san diego will plummett with a gutless record setting selfish rb and a classless qb who talks trash to fans - you know you lack class if you make indy fans look good

I can watch my TIVO again tonight and let you know. IMO, the holding accusations are sour freakin' grapes. Especially after all the loose rule interpretations Pats have benefitted from over the years. This is the last thing folks want to hear about, about how Pats got screwed by the refs. Win, don't win, blow the other team out, there's ALWAYS a complaint about the refs.

All I've heard is everyone talk about this and I am curious to see for myself.

you are right it won't change anything

The refs were good. Yes the holding on that one play was blatant but so what. It was the last minute of the game and games shouldn't be won or lost by a holding call in crunch time.

You want a picture? Get one of Bill Belichick and the coaching staff absolutely blowing that game for us. It was so bad I almost believe it was fixed.

The refs were good. Yes the holding on that one play was blatant but so what. It was the last minute of the game and games shouldn't be won or lost by a holding call in crunch time.

I agree, the refs were good the other nite, no real complaints there. They probably aren't going to call that holding, you have to find a way to bring him down. Granted, there were only a few questionable calls in the game, and they did go the Giants way, ie the brutal no call on the OPI v Hobbs.

You want a picture? Get one of Bill Belichick and the coaching staff absolutely blowing that game for us. It was so bad I almost believe it was fixed.

Coaching in the game seemed to be out of major character for the team.

Making adjustments in the SD game at half time and runnign the ball but not this game and allow Brady to get pounded?

O'Hara had him by the facemask. Watch the replay he jerks his head and Manning slips away as Seymour tries not to get his head ripped off. O'Hara had him in a choke hold right before this and right after he pushes Seymour away with his facemask.

facemask.jpg

Last edited:
O'Hara had him by the facemask. Watch the replay he jerks his head and Manning slips away as Seymour tries not to get his head ripped off.

facemask.jpg

good illustration, thanks

O'Hara had him by the facemask. Watch the replay he jerks his head and Manning slips away as Seymour tries not to get his head ripped off. O'Hara had him in a choke hold right before this and right after he pushes Seymour away with his facemask.

facemask.jpg

do you ahve a pic a split second earlier the moment illustrated in the NY daily NEws?

do you ahve a pic a split second earlier the moment illustrated in the NY daily NEws?

No, thats where I got this pic. I have it on my DVR but I have no way of making screen caps.

Fox shows a replay from field level and you can see O'Hara with his arm around Seymour's neck. Then Seymour moves away and O'Hara has his hand under his facemask and Seymour's head is jerked as he tries to wrap up Manning. Manning slips away and O'Hara pushes Seymour away by his facemask.

The angle is right over one of the ref's heads as he looks into this play. Both him and Carey had a perfect view of this.

This article from NY Post about Mike Carey almost blowing play dead has a photo gallery of play:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ee_i_almost_sacked_eli_manning-1.html?ref=rss

The thumbnail on this page looks like there is a hold on Green. Then the first photo in the gallery, the shot looks like the OL just is getting a block on Seymour, probably has some jersey but nothing out of the ordinary.

I haven't watched the play again, but holding or no holding, Eli should have been down.

The play epitomized the entire game. The Giants were just a little tougher, a little stronger when it mattered the most.

The play epitomized the entire game. The Giants were just a little tougher, a little stronger when it mattered the most.

and got just a little more luck and a little better "no looks" from the refs

It's been documented at http://www.giantscheated.com - both Seymour AND Thomas were facemasked on that play. It was all in the open and the officials were right there to see it.

It's a shame that neither of them were called. Carey even said that he was close to blowing the whistle, because he couldn't imagine Manning escaping the trio of Green, Thomas, and Seymour. BUt now we know why they ended up at 1st and 10 on the NE 24, instead of 4th and 20 on the NY 29.

JJC

Last edited:
I can't stand seeing those pictures. All I think about is what could have (and what should have) been. :(

Its just a bunch of if and whats....

We also could say what if Ellis Hobbs did not catch that Int

What if Manning completed the pass to Burress...

As much as I want to change it , its not going to happen .... This is the worst loss in Patriots History... I wish we could change time , but it cant happen.. And Im sick about it...

It's been documented at http://www.giantscheated.com - both Seymour AND Thomas were facemasked on that play. It was all in the open and the officials were right there to see it.

It's a shame that neither of them were called. Carey even said that he was close to blowing the whistle, because he couldn't imagine Manning escaping the trio of Green, Thomas, and Seymour. BUt now we know why they ended up at 1st and 10 on the NE 24, instead of 4th and 20 on the NY 29.

JJC

Just makes you sick to look at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back