PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone explain to me why Dungy is secure at his job and Reid is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I hear that the Eagles are likely going to be firing Reid at the end of this season but as far as the Eagles have played thus far I see no reason for them firing him,they even have an outside shot at the Conference title.

What kills me is that Dungy is allegedly secured in his job in Indy and only leaves if he decides to retire,but as far as playoff games go,Dungy has been one and done in 4 of his last 7 playoffs games while Andy Reid is 9-0 in 1st round games.

Someone sense some disrespect on Andys behalf here or is it because Donovan and Andy dont see eye to eye?

Reid is a better HC than Dungy ever was...and its not even close

I only heard the Reid rumors towards midseason when the Eagles were doing really bad, can't say it was a suprise. Haven't heard them lately but then again I don't watch much TV. If he happens to get fired with the Eagles getting to at least the divisionals that's a pretty raw deal.

Dungy won a ring 2 years ago so him being safe is no suprise either. 7 years, 7 playoff appearances.

here maybe your answer
Bob Kravitz: Dungy's a great man who has done well, but now it's time for a change at the top | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Now, is Jim Caldwell the right guy? Simply stated, he has to be.

Because he's owner Jim Irsay's and team president Bill Polian's choice and has been for months now. They committed to him last year and now it's incumbent upon them to see it through.

At the same time, the Colts should understand turning to Caldwell will be a tough sell. He's an unknown commodity and comes with the reputation of being Dungy Lite. Go ahead and dream of Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan, but with the domineering Polian in charge, the Colts will never have a high-profile, independent-minded head coach.
Its all about control and dungy follows in line. somewhat similar situation now developing with the jests.
i always thought reid was unfairly criticized by rabid eagles fans and media. he has his shortcomings but has done a heck of job in the last 10 yrs.

Last edited:
I hear that the Eagles are likely going to be firing Reid at the end of this season but as far as the Eagles have played thus far I see no reason for them firing him,they even have an outside shot at the Conference title.

What kills me is that Dungy is allegedly secured in his job in Indy and only leaves if he decides to retire,but as far as playoff games go,Dungy has been one and done in 4 of his last 7 playoffs games while Andy Reid is 9-0 in 1st round games.

Someone sense some disrespect on Andys behalf here or is it because Donovan and Andy dont see eye to eye?

Reid is a better HC than Dungy ever was...and its not even close

Bottom line:

Because in Indy, the Franchise (otherwise know as Peyton Manning) likes Dungy.

And it's all about keeping the franchise happy.

No, it's because Dungy has "quiet strength" and Andy does not.............

Fan base

Philly fans are insane for their teams...Indianapolis fans are not.

I only heard the Reid rumors towards midseason when the Eagles were doing really bad, can't say it was a suprise. Haven't heard them lately but then again I don't watch much TV. If he happens to get fired with the Eagles getting to at least the divisionals that's a pretty raw deal.

Dungy won a ring 2 years ago so him being safe is no suprise either. 7 years, 7 playoff appearances.

Actually-the big issues with Reid is his GM duties where he also has the final say in player personnel. While he's been a very good coach, he's been pretty subpar in recent years handling his GM duties, especially in the draft.(i.e. 2 potential future OL starters in Winston Justice and Max Jean-Gilles have been busts)

To be frank-it's very difficult for any coach to handle this double duty. Look at Mike Holmgren in Seattle-once he got his GM duties stripped in '02, the Hawks started playing alot better. It's no coincidence.

hmmm. Dungy has won a Super Bowl??

Easy. Dungy has a better tan.

Why was Dungy not on the hot seat in November and Reid was? Seriously?

In the preceeding 3 years, Andy Reid had missed the playoffs twice and it was looking like he was going to make it 3 of 4.

In the preceeding 3 years, Tony Dungy had made the playoffs 3 times, had won at least 12 games each year and was well on his way to doing both again. Oh yeah, he also won a Super Bowl 2 seasons back.

I think Dungy is a sanctimonious hypocrite but there is no way he should be on the hot seat.

Easy. Dungy has a better tan.

Pretty funny, IMO, but I can see a sensitive person complaining about it. You may just get the dreaded BAD REPUTATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes