PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else wonder why we still have 10 OL on the 53?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I realize we are only dressing 7 of them, but I don't understand the roster composition at all right now. It's especially frusterating when the line isn't even playing well, we don't make changes, yet we still carry 10 of them. We coud have really used another WR today as Galloway was awful, and we certainly need another LB.

The answer's quite simple, really:

This "braintrust" (snicker) no longer knows how to successfully manage an NFL roster.

BB doesn't believe LBs are important

i actually wonder that we have 5RBs when we run the ball so little

The line didn't give up a sack and they're not playing well? Since when is catching 5 passes is awful?

When there are players that Belichick thinks will add to the team, he will drop an offensive lineman or two. We have carried 10 OL's in the past, although 9 is the norm.

Because Mankins and Neal are both F/A's at seasons end and BB wants to use his picks to continue rebuilding the defense.

I realize we are only dressing 7 of them, but I don't understand the roster composition at all right now. It's especially frusterating when the line isn't even playing well, we don't make changes, yet we still carry 10 of them. We coud have really used another WR today as Galloway was awful, and we certainly need another LB.

I don't understand why Wes Britt is off the squad - I loved that guy!!

Ithought the line played very well today. The Jets were sending 7 guys on many downs. We had a 4.2 running average today and brady was not sacked. Considering they knew we were throwing often I give them at least a B today. Hard to block 7 guys with 5 & 6 people.

Britt is off the team because he was the #6 OT on the squad. Vollmer was so good that the team decided to go with only 3 OT's while the #4 LeVoir is on PUP.

I don't understand why Wes Britt is off the squad - I loved that guy!!

Ithought the line played very well today. The Jets were sending 7 guys on many downs. We had a 4.2 running average today and brady was not sacked. Considering they knew we were throwing often I give them at least a B today. Hard to block 7 guys with 5 & 6 people.

I concur, no sacks, there were knockdowns, the running game may have been effective as most of them were positive yards.. but if you have a strength, i.e. 10 linemen go with it.. last week there were a couple of plays when we went with an additional lineman and Light was tackle eligible..

Pretty confident that BB does not roll the dice or spin some wheel in deciding what he will do on a game day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes