PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think we make a 2nd Big FA signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I do. It seems like BB and company want to get us back to the SB. This may only be the beginning of a great offseason for us.

Great post - this is being hinted by Reiss, that this is only the start - BB SP realize they need to fill some holes with PLAYERS, not number 3's. I think you are right.

I don't think anybody else will get Thomas money except Samuel and hopefully an early-extended Warren.

But $4-5 million? Sure. They were willing to pay that to Graham, and they will gladly direct it to the right other receiver or DB or LB instead.

Belichick likes veteran LB's and veteran S's, one down, one to go?

Ken Hamlin? A trade?

;) How about Donte Stallworth???

It depends on what you consider "big." I'd say 3 of the few big players to sign are gone, with Thomas joining us and Clements going to San Fran, and Steinbach off the market. There are some other names out there, such as Porter.

Then again, if you consider a Donte Stallworth big, then I think we will make 2 or 3 more.

In any case, I don't think the Pats are going one and done here in free agency. I think this will be a period to remember.

If anything this puts the team in great shape to compete for the next 3-4 years. I'm talking seriously competing.

Yeah, I have a good feeling they're going to keep aggressive in this market.
They may even use one of their first round picks before it's over.

WR Donte Stallworth.

I don't think there are anymore BIG splashes to be made.

However, hopefully this will set the tone for other free agents to realize that New England is the place to be if they want to seriously consider winning a ring.

Hopefully this can help sign some role players like Drew Bennett or Ahman Green.

Denver has set a tone for being a serious player for a ring though too. I here they are now involved in the McGahee sweepstakes.

I don't think there will be any mega signings, not like this. When you think about it we've really already signed two of the top 6 Free Agents that were supposed to hit the market this season, with Samuel and Thomas. Now we use the draft and the FA market to fill some more holes with lesser players and younger guys.

Well I doubt anything this big( assuming AT signs). But Schefter kept mentioning that we were nowhere close to being done and he said that after he had mentioned Morris, Brady and a free agent WR.

I am glad we are being active.

Nothing as big as Thomas, but I expect another receiver in the mix (Joe Horn or Stallworth). And as has been stated, Sammy Morris and Kyle Brady look like potential targets. I wouldn't be surprised if they nabbed 3 out of 4.

I would like to see the Patriots sign Justin Gage. He's big, athletic, and he moves the chains. I think his numbers would look much better with Tom throwing him the ball rather than Grossman. He also wouldn't be expensive.

Nice too be so active...Isn't there a WR browns wants to play here:confused:

Morris isnt a big FA signing but it would be a very good move if we can get him. He already visited us so it is a good chance.

I would like to see the Patriots sign Justin Gage. He's big, athletic, and he moves the chains. I think his numbers would look much better with Tom throwing him the ball rather than Grossman. He also wouldn't be expensive.
I'd like Gage if they can't get one of the big three (Bennett, Curtis, or Stallworth).

DJ Hackett is another guy I like, but he's a restricted free agent, and the Pats would have to give up a 2nd rounder to Seattle to get him.

Gage has the physical tools, but he really hasn't been very productive with Chicago. Some of that could be attributed to the crappy QBs he has had, and the generally conservative offensive system. However, there is no doubt that he has not lived up to his promise. He might be able to turn that around with the Pats, but he is far from a sure thing.

Is the Adalius Thomas signing official ? Anyone have a source for me?

Is the Adalius Thomas signing official ? Anyone have a source for me?
Look around any site except for ESPN. ESPN News reported it, Tomase did, Reiss did, Schefter has reported that it is almost official.

All he has to do according to Reiss is pass the physical and Thomas is ours! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back