PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think that sorta resembled our Denver game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The reffing played a part in crippling the clearly superior team in the first half... that and they had trouble cashing in on opportunities when they had them. Once those two things came to their full fruition all the other team had to do was sit back and coast the lead until it was over.

I know there are differences, the reffing had much more to do with our game, and we didn't so much fail to take advantage of opportunities as give the other team chances, but I still see a lot of similarities. Certainly in the first have of SB 40, the team that clearly should have been winning was not.

Just a thought out loud anyway, comment if you wish.

You've got a point. While the officiating didn't cause the loss, it did play a part in the momemtum changing and thus the second half going to Pittsburg. You never want to see poor officiating, but especially in a game of this magnitude.

Last edited:
<<I know there are differences, the reffing had much more to do with our game>>

I think Seattle got it worse with the reffing, to be honest. It's not so much that they had one truly AWFUL call go against them, like the Asante pass interference call at Denver, but it seemed like every single marginal call went against them, and especially at crucial moments.

I mean, the Pats would most surely have still won at Denver if Brady hadn't thrown that terrible pick in the endzone.

But yes, to answer the question, this Superbowl reminded me enormously of the Denver game. It just seemed clear that the better team lost.

I made the same comment at the end of the game thread. The Hawks definitely didn't help their case with the dropped passes, out-of-bounds catches, and fumbles, but OTOH, when you feel the calls are going against you, it's hard to maintain the level of confidence needed to play eficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back