PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think our spread looked a little like Auburn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know 99.9 pct of you guys don't give a rat's arse about college football. But, Auburn runs a spread with an off-set fullback(Develin) who never runs the ball and is just used as a blocker. Fortunately for us, Develin appears to be a good receiver. They use a lot of motion to get the defense moving and like to slip the rb away from the motion quite a bit. I thought we did that successfully at times. Don't know if it's by design or because Gronk is hurt. IE; More Develin because of that. I'm talking mainly from a running the ball attack.

In the past Belichick has gotten some offensive spread principles from Urban Meyer and hurry-up ideas from Chip Kelly. Idzik is a genius offensive co-ordinator. Love how he runs the ball. Is Josh using some of this. Of course, BB could have even discussed this with Saban.

Last edited:
It's funny that you mention that because I was thinking the exact same thing last night. I've not seen it reported that Belichick or McDaniels met with Idzik in the offseason, though, so it may just be coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots