Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone else think IMDB is overated?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fourthandmiles, Apr 9, 2008.

1. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everybody says look it up on IMDB. There is never even a headshot of the person you are looking for. They are missing the boat.

Wiki is much better.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,661 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

If it's pics you're talking about (the thread is kind of vague), then Google Image Search is where it's at.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,772 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I go there to get a quick synopsis of a movie I might watch. There are a few sites like that and I like IMDB because it is not all clogged up like rottontomatoes is. I have all my cable channels listed on my (myexcite.com) page ... on the other page is IMDB and I find a movie to watch while I work at my desk. Hope that's why you were asking ... it's not a pictures site ... however ... if you have a key word it can look up alot for you. Like type in "tin can" http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=tin can and you'll get just about every movie with a tin can mentioned in it LOL.

4. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just think IMDB could be a better than it is. If you search for an actor at wiki you get a better biography and a better links. It seems a little more in depth.

I did just search for something at IMDB and was suprised at the amount of info I got. eh, anyways, no loss, so I waste time while I am wasting time.:rolleyes:

What is myexcite.com all about? I could not figure that out.

5. Char2na

Char2na Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Reviews. Whenever my roomates and I fight over movies we go to IMDB to see what got the best reviews. Works better than rock paper sissors.

6. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sometimes the movie trivia and "goofs" part can be interesting. Wouldn't say it needed anything else really. Google or Gettyimages are what I mainly use should I want to see a pic.