PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think Gillette Stadium is very poorly designed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, many design flaws:

* The 200-level "skylights" are a waste of space where thousands of seats could be. Same as with the open end at the north end zone.

* Two tiers of luxury boxes between the 200 and 300 level lift the 300 level much higher than it should be. If they had just done a more conventional closed stadium design, everyone would be closer to the action. Luxury box suites should be on a single level around the perimeter of the stadium.

* Club seats should also be on a single level around the perimeter of the entire stadium, instead of being concentrated in the "red seats" between the 20-yard-lines on both sides at the 200 level. Not enough of these high-roller types stay seated during the games, creating a crowd noise dead zone.

* The Krafts made a mistake by widening the stadium floor footprint to accommodate soccer. This has created further space between the stands and the football field. The stands at Gillette are too big for pro soccer, which should be played in a much smaller venue. They should have built a smaller stadium just for soccer for about 25,000 fans.

* The way the stadium is so wide open and spread out, and considering the strategic placement of the club seating, the place just does not hold noise like most other NFL stadiums. I really think they could move MANY if not MOST of the 300-level seats to the 200 and 100 levels by filling in some of that wasted space.

Does anyone believe, that with the highest prices in the league, and a stadium in the middle of nowhere, that when the Brady era ends and we have a few 3-6 win seasons that the Razor will continue to sell-out?

Football is 8 ~10 maybe 12 games a year
The soccer and concerts make $ too
Patriot Place is all about bringing people in to support this building
Bob Kraft is KING:youtheman:

I don't care what anyone says about football purism and weather advantages, I want a sick dome. Something tells me that if the Pats had foreseen the Moss acquisition that's what we would have gotten. I'd rather see the best athletes in the country performing at their highest level every Sunday than watch games that are "natural" but swayed by weather. It'd be nice to actually hear the crowd once in a while too.

Last edited:
I take it you never went to a game in Shaeffer Stadium.

My thoughts exactly.

Many people need to remember that this stadium is a whole lot better than the old one. Though part of me misses that stadium, the memory quickly fades when I remember the lines to the bathrooms, and those damn troughs (sp) .lol.

O.K., I admit the Lack-O-Noise thing boggles the mind, as you'd think that would have been considered when paying that kind of money to build the place. However, all you need to do is come down and watch one game here at the Redskins "new" stadium, and you will thank your lucky stars.

Talk about ugly, impratical, inconvenient, and uncomfortable! I'm not changing the subject. I'm just saying, for all the things not considered when building The Razor, just multiply that by 100. Although, the noise helps the home team alot more here, for sure.

My biggest complaint is the fact it's more of a multi-purpose design than one made just for football. It seems no matter how loud the fans are the decibels just don't translate, and anyone who's been way up in the nosebleed section knows it's not comfortable standing up and moving for fear you'll take a nose dive lol.

Those not living in MA may or may not have heard that Fidelity's about to lay off like 1300 people so maybe the fate of those seats could be in flux?

Anyway, it's still a beautiful venue and I love the openness of it (jmho:D) and I'd never want to be domed. The weather's part of our legacy; maybe someday we'll be forced indoors but considering how many years it took us to change from grass (mud lol) to turf, I wouldn't hold my breath for a dome.

Can someone post that website where you can see the view from every section if you put the section in the URL? I can't find it anywhere.

I cant believe this.

Back in the glory days of 2003 and 2004 Gillette Stadium was being called the best stadium in sports, God bless Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady. I got to go to a game at Gillette in 2003 and i wanted to cry it was so beautiful compared to the old place.

Now its comes to this. Because we have 3 losses.

Belichick has been revealed. Cassel sucks. Now Gillette Stadium sucks.

im waiting for the "Brady is a wimp cuz he got hurt" threads.

Stupid Boston fans. We earn the ridicule we get around the country sometimes.

Last edited:
I cant believe this.

Back in the glory days of 2003 and 2004 Gillette Stadium was being called the best stadium in sports, God bless Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady. I got to go to a game at Gillette in 2003 and i wanted to cry it was so beautiful compared to the old place.

Dude, you're overreacting. It's a shrine compared to the old dump, but it still was poorly designed as specified elsewhere in this thread. That's particularly true comparing it to other new NFL stadiums.

I've never been there but on TV it looks beautiful.

Its poorly designed to keep noise in the stadium, but I'd much rather have Gillette and its uniqueness, then a 3 tiered, run of the mill, dome which seems to be the standard for many teams.

God bless Gillette!

I take it you never went to a game in Shaeffer Stadium.

Not when it was called Shaeffer.

I'd rather have an old crappy stadium that is LOUD and provided a home field advantage for my team over Gillette.

The Patriots win loss record has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry for wanting a LOUD stadium that provides a homefield advantage for our team.

I cant believe this.

stopposting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back