PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else thin Jackson's headed to the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Just have that bad feeling. I was excited to see him friday, but that doesnt look like its happening. Thank god we have the depth.

Shoot me now

(EDIT) I'm retracting this comment as I have been informed that several NH gun owning fans subscribe to this forum

Last edited:
This is a joke, right?

Did you hear Rodney? He said Chad was in there too, rehabbing.

If Jackson is carted off the field with a severe injury the next time he practices, then we can start talking IR. Until then, it's a ludicrous idea.

Chad was out there for 3 practices last week, and is probably very close to getting back out there.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
Just have that bad feeling. I was excited to see him friday, but that doesnt look like its happening. Thank god we have the depth.

If we don't see him by next week, then I will worry about it.

Nope. If we had depth at WR then maybe. But until DB comes back, we need Caldwell and Jackson to be starters with Troy as #3. With that situation there's no need to rush Jackson to IR.

BelichickFan said:
Nope. If we had depth at WR then maybe. But until DB comes back, we need Caldwell and Jackson to be starters with Troy as #3. With that situation there's no need to rush Jackson to IR.

Jackson will NOT start over Brown for a good long while (if it happens it'll at LEAST be after the halfway point of the season, barring injury).

Troy is a starter while Deion is not out there, and possibly even when Deion comes back. Troy is a vet of our system, knows it better than just about anybody, and has been out there for practice and is in great shape.

Jackson has great potential, but if he can't stay on the field then he can't get reps and implement what he's learned in the meetings. Troy's going to start this season until he gets hurt, or Deion stops being a DA.

R_T26 said:

I can understand your concern. I do not think they will IR him even if they
think it may be weeks into the season before he can contribute significantly.
I disagree we have depth at WR.
Branch is a hold out and I bet as long as Jackson is sidelined the more he
thinks he has good leverage and will get what he wants.

If season starts and Jackson is not ready and Branch is a hold out then
PATs have for starters Caldwell and Brown with Childress and maybe
Stone as backup. That is not a WR group that most teams will worry about too much.
You are right to be concerned about Jackson. Apparently PATs are concerned about
the WR situation as they are looking at possible WRs they can bring in.

Last edited:
Too bad his famed "TIGHTNESS" extends to his hammy...

Brownfan80 said:
Jackson will NOT start over Brown for a good long while (if it happens it'll at LEAST be after the halfway point of the season, barring injury).

Troy is a starter while Deion is not out there, and possibly even when Deion comes back. Troy is a vet of our system, knows it better than just about anybody, and has been out there for practice and is in great shape.

Jackson has great potential, but if he can't stay on the field then he can't get reps and implement what he's learned in the meetings. Troy's going to start this season until he gets hurt, or Deion stops being a DA.
You're probably right but my point remains that while DB is out, those are our top 3 guys and there's a big dropoff to #4.

Last edited by a moderator:
pats1 said:
This is a joke, right?

Did you hear Rodney? He said Chad was in there too, rehabbing.

If Jackson is carted off the field with a severe injury the next time he practices, then we can start talking IR. Until then, it's a ludicrous idea.

Chad was out there for 3 practices last week, and is probably very close to getting back out there.
I guess you've earned a "DOH!" moment...Chad Scott (IR, 2005). :eat3:

I've already penciled Jackson into the 5/6 WR slot.

Last edited:
JR4-

Branch is a hold-out, but the situation is far beyond the point where Chayut is trying to get more money from the Pats.

Chayut is simply trying to get the Pats to not apply the franchise tag, because Chayut has 0% interest in signing Branch to an extension with the Pats. He has clearly burned his bridges with the Pats, on purpose, so as to show that he is tougher than the Pats front office. A page out of Tom Condon's playbook.

Maybe Branch has been mislead into thinking that Chayut is actually attempting to negotiate further with the team, and I don't doubt that Chayut is a dirtball capable of misleading his client.

But the fact remains that no extension negotiations have occurred since May, and that none are going to occur with the Pats from here on out.

The only question left to answer in this hold-out is whether Branch honors the end of his contract, starting in September. Chayut is going to try to convince Branch not to, IMO.

Branch needs to tell his agent to accept the extension, or make a counter offer, or just plain 'you are fired' will do. Chayut has no plans to negotiate anything with the Pats.

If the Pats don't bring in a veteran WR soon, I'll be surprised.

Even Childress is starting to look good, at this point. Not for all the hype, but because he plays WR, and he's a Patriot.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I guess you've earned a "DOH!" moment...Chad Scott (IR, 2005). :eat3:

I've already penciled Jackson into the 5/6 WR slot.

Good point.

(Could be Chad Brown too!) :D

Last week it was Mills who was going on IR. Today he practices and now it is Jackson who is going on IR.

Over the weekend, Koppen and Harrison were going to start the year on PUP, now both are practicing for the 2nd day in a row and clearly going to be on the opening day roster barring a season ending injury.

If you want to say he is falling behind in his shot at a starting role or the #3 WR spot that makes sense. It is a logical argument.

To say that he is out for the year with a hamstring on August 8th is panic unless you have some inside info that it is much more serious like a torn up knee. There is still more than a month until the first game. Can we keep some perspective on the TC bumps and bruises?

pats1 said:
Good point.

(Could be Chad Brown too!) :D
Chad Brown didn't spend much time in the trainer's room, nope, it's Chad Scott. :cool:

his agent said before TC it was a small injury..and BB being our coach..he likes to take precautions.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Shoot me now

(EDIT) I'm retracting this comment as I have been informed that several NH gun owning fans subscribe to this forum
Awwww. Don't be a wuss and take it back. I'd like to see what happens :p :D ;)

There sure are a lot of Chad's 'hanging' around this year. I'm afraid we're going to have to use both names, since Brown and Scott are ambiguous also. :rolleyes:

I can't say that I'm not worried about Jackson missing time. He is without a doubt our most important draft choice. That being said, with the camp that Caldwell is having, and I doubt that Branch holds out this season, Jackson has a little time to get better, but if he keeps missing practice, he'll get as much playing time as Andre Davis did last year. With our 3 TE offense that we will use once in a while, the Pats can probably dress 3 WR's in games if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back