PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else shed a few tears of joy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to fight them back but my couldn't help but get watery from tears of joy.

I was with a group of people and they all thought it odd that I would show such emotion towards this game, but I coudn't help it.

The Pats pulled it out in dramatic fashion to save the season and fight on another day.

Anyone else have some watery eyes of joy?

No tears for me tonight, just a massive heart attack.

Ask me in a week :) This is a very interesting Patriot team, for sure.

Well I didnt cry but boy I felt overwhelmed with joy so much that I could have cried. I was jumping up and down and my dad picked me up into the air like I was a kid right after Kaeding missed it. I know we still have Indy and whatever else lies ahead. But I cant express how great I feel after such an offseason of doubt and critisism, contract holdout by the Twig, Vinatieri leaving, McGinnest leaving. And after the Denver loss I felt extremely sad like things were spiraling downhill but look at how we have overcome that. 12-4 record and defeated our division foes the Jets in the playoffs and now just beating the Chargers. Its the best after game emotions I have had in the past two years of Pats football. Nothing quite compares to this win.

That 2 point conversion just brought the tears right out of me, after struggling the entire game, man, everything about it was just beauty in motion.

I did but I think it came mostly from mental exhaustion. It did occur to me, I'm getting this mentally beat up for a divisional game, yet will still have a long, long way to go.

EXACTLY......................
And, last year when we lost to Denver I remember after Brown fumbled the punt I just turned off the TV, went up to my bed room and cried. Seriously crying for about an hour.

And that could have happened again today but it is such a great feeling that I dont know if there is anyway I can sleep tonight.

I did but I think it came mostly from mental exhaustion. It did occur to me, I'm getting this mentally beat up for a divisional game, yet will still have a long, long way to go.

Exactly. One game at a time, one game at a time...

But I cant express how great I feel after such an offseason of doubt and critisism, contract holdout by the Twig, Vinatieri leaving, McGinnest leaving.
The last score epitomized the Patriots. Caldwell with the big catch. Who's in for the FG ? Our 3rd holder of the season and a rookie kicker. Guys leave, guys replace them and they keep winning.

Just one week . . . if we win next week, there's two weeks until the big game so we (the fans, anyway) have a nice respite.

EXACTLY......................

Think about it. This Pats team has overcome so much this year. More than any other team, even the 'Aints.

No Willie, No Adam, No Givens, No Rodney (for the most part), No Branch. What they've done is nothing short of amazing! I defy any of you to find another team team who has lost so much but has earned a spot in the AFC Championship Game.

Brady is nothing short of a football miracle worker and BB is the Bobby Fisher of football!

I feel good for so many players and coaches. I am stunned at how so many people wrote off Bill Belichick after the offseason losses. Look at guys like Reche Caldwell. Beoli bringing him in was a great pickup. I feel good for Caldwell. I remember quite a bit of complaining about him early on and today I see him on the podium in a post game press conference on TV! ESPN News!

let the good times roll

I'll tell ya, I just can't get enough Sportscenter and NFL Network this morning

After I put on a clean pair of underwear, I yelled for joy. No crying yet. Still got two games left. Truly remarkable.

I was screaming F*** Merriman, F*** the Media, F*** the MVP, F*** Marty....on and on and on...

I just collapsed onto the floor and laid there for a solid 5 minutes. My heart was beating through my chest, and I was shaking.

On the last pick, I closed my eyes and put my head down, resolved that the season was over. My wife, yelled, Oh My G*d, something happened, it's not over.....

Talk about going from heartache to elation is a split second.

Thank goodness for TIVO, as I quickly replayed the play.

My wife said, see, that cute little guy (who else Bingo) did it again, I really like him, he always tries really hard, even though he is smaller than all the others.

My eyes never shut for the remainder of the game

Not since the Raiders snow game have I been so emotionally wrecked during a football game. Going into the Raiders game I was just excited to see the Pats in a playoff game at all and by the 4th quarter I was yelling hard for 'Tommy Boy' to keep our cinderella hopes alive.

Last night I went in mentally prepared for a tough match-up. When we were down 14-3 I wasn't sure if we would pull it out, I don't think we've been a come-from-behind team this season. Last night it seemed like every time we stepped forward we took two steps back, a few wasted turnovers and the like... emotional highs followed by disappointing lows. Every big play we made felt bigger and more important as the clock ran down and all of us at the bar were clutching our heads, hair, hats, beer bottles... Then the 2-pointer made us all believe...that's when I nearly cried. When the Chargers missed that FG there was manhugging, chest bumping, pandemonium and sweet relief.

I tried to fight them back but my couldn't help but get watery from tears of joy.

I was with a group of people and they all thought it odd that I would show such emotion towards this game, but I coudn't help it.

The Pats pulled it out in dramatic fashion to save the season and fight on another day.

Anyone else have some watery eyes of joy?

yeah i teared up. i had the pats chat room open, and shared them with my fellow fans. It was one of those "I love you man" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back