PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else recording and collecting Pats games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS11

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With the down period before training camp and the other threads regarding the NFLN rebroadcasts and the 10 best Pats games of all-time, I was wondering if there was anybody else, other than me, who record Pats games on a regular basis ?

II started recording in 1993 with the arrival of Parcells and continue to this day, but since I'm living outside the Boston area I've missed a few ones over the years....that would be a great time to swap a few games if anybody is up for it...always looking to build on my collection !

Looking back, technology has changed quite a bit in the past 15 years. I started to record on VHS tapes, then DVD and now blu-ray....and 3D is just around the corner.

Anyways, if anybody has a bunch of Pats games on VHS and wants them converted on DVD, I'm up for it too. Also looking for any HD (720p or 1080i) recordings prior to 2009, since I made the jump this year.

Re: Anyone else recording and collecting Pats games ?

Yeah, have been since 2001, more or less.

Have you considered uploading some of these to a torrent?

Yeah, have been since 2001, more or less.

Have you considered uploading some of these to a torrent?

Not really...I do use torrrents when the game is not available here, which does not happen that often anymore, but I usually record games at a much higher bitrate than what you can usually find on a torrent site. In HD, I record at 13.5 mbps which give a file that is about 18GB once the commercials have been edited out...before that, I recorded 1 game on 3 DVDs at 10.0 mbps. Uploading would take forever and I'm not sure torrent users would download such big files.

I'm curious to know if there's anybody else that is doing that, and what got them involved in this ''hobby''...for me, I recorded the 1993 season finale against the Dolphins because I was away, and it turned out to be a classic so I kept the game. I decided to keep recording games at the start of 1994 and the first few games were all high scoring (39-35 against the Dolphins, 38-35 vs Bills and 31-28 vs Bengals) so it got me hooked !

This is a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think about this before.

I've got a DVR with USB hookups. I could very easily record the games and put them on DVD. I'll have to start doing that this year, though i wish I'd thought of it earlier (got my DVR right before the 07 season).

I started recording on VHS tapes from 2001-02. a real funky time to start.The first gm. may have been Brady vs. N.O. which I think was in '02. I stopped around 07. I have about 50 or so games-some of the losses were trashed along with all commercial interruptions. I should covert from VHS to disc someday.

I grew up watching throughout the late 70's to late 80's then resumed Pats games around '95-97'.

There are some games that can be found streaming online (NFL films tc.) so you may not get all the plays.

Looking forward to this year. Esp. the defense!:cool:

Last edited:

I've actually been recording them since 07, but would love to get my hands on some 03-04 games.

I have some from the 80's, 90's, but it was 2007 (lucky me) that i started downloading every game off the net. I have all of the 07', 08', 09' seasons. Some I did off the cable, but most are torrents i downloaded. I would love to get my hands on more of the 90's.

I just record the games on my dvr and then record them over onto dvds using a dvd recorder.

By any chance, does anybody have a copy of the 1993 Pats/Bengals game played in Foxboro? That's the 1 game I couldn't find a copy anywhere...still hoping somebody might have recorded and kept it all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back