PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else over Rodney Harrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trade Gronk for a Young Harrison ANY day of the week!

TE's don't win championships. Leadership on Defense does. Harrison is the man, and for ever will be. And I side with him on this. I have never felt like celebrating after failing to achieve one of my life's goals. EVER... and Harrison, like me, things that is strange.

Negative. TEs got us to the Superbowl this year, not defense.

Negative. TEs got us to the Superbowl this year, not defense.

Negative for you, perhaps, but he's spot on about WWBBD. And for a young Ed Reed he'd drive the TE to the airport.

Last edited:
Rodney is being paid to discuss these issues. It's his job. What else are they going to talk about in the off season.

Let it go.

He can say whatever he wants, but he is wrong about this.

I would have no problem with a teammate having a good time despite the loss. The world isn't ending because the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl.

Negative for you, perhaps, but he's spot on about WWBBD. And for a young Ed Reed he'd drive the TE to the airport.

Well, Gronks not BB or Ed Reed.

Like I said, the guy is half their age lol, he's going to live his life and have fun. Second year on the league, broke all records for TEs ever, got to the Superbowl... he deserves to party arty!

I would not mind having 2-3 Harrisons on this team right now.

Not a big deal for me, it's one of those things where I can understand why Rodney said what he did, but at the same time I understand why Gronk did what he did. To each his own.

I love Rodney Harrison, that guy is da bomb!

I can't lie. I'm a little tired of him talking smack about the Patriots and every move they make. I understand when he was here, they did things a little differently but riding Gronk for having a little fun after a huge loss? Really?

People deal with things differently, if Rodney wanted to kill himself or stay depressed for the rest of the year then so be it. You are talking about a 22-23 year old kid that broke every single freagin TE record possbible and played as best as he could in the Superbowl....

He keeps talking about, "What he would have done and what Bruschi would have done if they had just lost that game." Who cares. This is a different team, much younger so let them be. They got here after you and all of your analyst friends doubted them the whole way. Please fall back!

I like Rodney.
He has attitude and tells it like it is.
People are pissed at the loss-Rod's pissed...
I am too.
I bet he wants to hit again.
He's been kicking ass since he arrived in N.E.-ask Troy Brown how those practices went.
Rodney is an old dog don't be so sensitive.

Rodney is paid to give his opinion and he gave it. I really don't have a problem with it. I am not sure that he should have been so definitive about what "Teddy" would have done or what any other player would have done. I am surprised that bringing him into the discussion did not force Teddy to comment and you can't really say for sure what another ex-player is going to say.

At the same time I don't have a problem with Gronk either. Having an issue with Gronk at this party implies that it is tied somehow to the quality of his play in the SB. That is hard to believe and if there is no direct tie to how the player performs then it is just all talk...more media hot air. That is not to imply I have a problem with Rodney other than as I suggested above. I think he should have just spoken for himself without involving other ex-players. But these guys have to find ways to make themselves relevant in the new positions they are in. So Rodney is almost forced to offer commentary on the Pats where he can. He did not do it in a way that was really disparaging to either Gronk or the team.

This has been a very very weird time for Boston Pro sports between the Red Sox and the aftermath of the Sept collapse, The Pats and their ex-players scattered all over the media, Tim Thomas and the Bruins lately there always seems to be something. I am sure there is something about the Celts that is just not coming to mind for me right now.

A lot of the old school guys just don't relate to the this generation of players, that was made evident in the book War Room. It's just something that they and a lot of the fans have to comes to grips with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down