PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else notice---BB/McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the deep pass to Stallworth on the last TD drive, did anyone notice when the camera cut to BB and McDaniels.
It looked to me like BB was kinda plssed. Ithought at the time, he wasn't happy with the playcalling of going deep, which was going to leave time on the clock after we scored.
Anyone else notice that?
If its true, i guess that means BB was pretty damn confident his offense was going to score a TD.

He said "run the f*cking ball." McDaniels then looked like he was trying to justify the call. I assume BB wanted McD to take some more time off the clock before he took a shot downfield.

Last edited:
if McDaniels actually tried to justify it, the guys got some big balls...i would just be like...yes belicheck, as you say...
LOL

either way...we won, and im sure the whole no communication tihng riled them both up quite a bit...and that is why we could not run the no huddle offense...

BB probably said "If you run another draw, I'm going to cut your balls off."

He said "run the f*cking ball." McDaniels then looked like he was trying to justify the call. I assume BB wanted McD to take some more time off the clock before he took a shot downfield.

That's what I thought BB said as well, although I thought they were discussing the upcoming play call that ended up being the last touchdown catch to Faulk.

I kind of enjoyed seeing them do this as I have been in similar situations with other coaches many times over the years. Nothing hurtful about it, just two competitors discussing things in the heat of battle.

Was it Brady that said after that play Faulk came over to the sideline and BB said, "great play Kevin, now hold on to the f'in ball". Gotta love BB.

I actually like that we scored quickly and gave the d the opportunity to stop Manning and seal the win.
We won more because of defense than offense yesterday, so it was fitting.

But-but-but...Tom Jackson has assured us the Pats' defense was...AVERAGE!!! Gasp!!!!!

(how come you're not on there instead of him?)

I saw that too. I went back and watched the tape and that's how it looked again.

the pats probally didnt run the ball to set up the pass and bb was not pleased.

Also, on that play Brady had to side step in the pocket and make the throw, so maybe it had something to do with the protection in the pocket for Brady.

I kind of enjoyed seeing them do this as I have been in similar situations with other coaches many times over the years. Nothing hurtful about it, just two competitors discussing things in the heat of battle.

Ditto. My HC has had those type of discussions with me more times than I can count. I immediately recognized the look on MCD's face...:(

the pats probally didnt run the ball to set up the pass and bb was not pleased.

Also, on that play Brady had to side step in the pocket and make the throw, so maybe it had something to do with the protection in the pocket for Brady.

I can guarantee it was all about clock management. BB didn't want to give the ball back to Manning.

didnt the colts play with like 4 dbs through the whole game? Maybe BB didnt like the Idea of going deep especially when you can just tie the game with run plays and draws.

didnt the colts play with like 4 dbs through the whole game? Maybe BB didnt like the Idea of going deep especially when you can just tie the game with run plays and draws.

You don't play for a tie and OT in that situation on the road. You go for the TD and the win.

After the deep pass to Stallworth on the last TD drive, did anyone notice when the camera cut to BB and McDaniels.
It looked to me like BB was kinda plssed. Ithought at the time, he wasn't happy with the playcalling of going deep, which was going to leave time on the clock after we scored.
Anyone else notice that?
If its true, i guess that means BB was pretty damn confident his offense was going to score a TD.

Yes, I totally noticed that too. I also thought he wasn't happy because it would leave the colts with time on the clock.

Who knows... but if BB were asked about it I'm sure he'd talk about the need to score, being down in the came, as the more paramount concern than taking time off clock.

At some point you're going to have to ask your defense to stop them - its not like they were 10 yards out and had 3 downs to fool around. It was critical that they score.

Andy, I watched it again. I think you are right. BB says "Run the ball!" and it looks like McDaniels responds, "He can't hear me, Bill!" I watched it several times and that's what I think he said. Anyway, maybe it wasn't McDaniels call.

It wasn't necessarily all about clock management.

They were down by 3. Field goal was very much in the equation. The Stallworth play was run from the Colts 46, which means the Pats were basically one first down away from a legitimate field goal try.

I don't think you ever mind a touchdown in that circumstance, no matter how quickly it's scored. What you mind is a quick field goal.

I think in that situation, the idea has to be to get in field goal range first, using clock, and then take your shots. So I dont' think it was just about clock management -- it was also about not making a high risk play that had the potential of zero yards when you are that close to field goal range.

Clock management. Period. Don't score too fast. Be smart. Run some clock off and end the game.

While I understand what most of you are saying (run down the clock) I still think it was a very good call. Everyone was expecting the Pats to run down the clock. It is the perfect time for a long pass and it did catch them off guard. There are no gaurantees in football if you can get a lot of yards I say take them.

Plus our defense was doing a great job stopping Indie so a show of faith works for me. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I was expecting them to run/throw short but I did love the play when it happened.

I doubt if BB was too upset

Clock management. Period. Don't score too fast. Be smart. Run some clock off and end the game.
Obviously the New England Patriots did not accomplish that towards the end of the first half.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG9

2nd Quarter
1-10-IND 24 (2:47) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short left to 33-K.Faulk to IND 23 for 1 yard (58-G.Brackett).

Why wasn't Maroney back in the game at this point in time? Why weren't the New England Patriots running the ball at this juncture of the drive when a balanced pass/run ratio in the previous offensive drive resulted in a touchdown?

Anyone else notice that?

If you post everytime you think an NFL looks pissed, its no wonder you have over 4000 posts. :)

Yes, rumor has it that BB called some old fart in Arizona that thinks he is better than CW and JM to interview for the OC job after the bye week.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back