PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else not worried about this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNEPats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think we're all getting a little too worried over a couple of losses. I don't see people harping on Indy almost losing to the Jets and Bills. If not for a FG miss, Buffalo wins today. There's still 7 games to fine tune the offense. There's a lot of new cogs in this team that will continue to get better as the season goes along. The streak had to end sometime. If there was one thing that I had to worry about, it's Harrison's injury. As long as he's back in time for the playoffs, this team has as good a chance as anyone else to reach Miami. Let's all take a deep breath and relax :p

I thought Artrell played pretty well @ SS today. Now, if Ellis could finish his tackles...:mad:

In terms of being a legit SB contender of course I'm worried. Sure, better play in the secondary and timing between Brady and the receivers could change that quickly. But right now . . . yeah, I'm worried.

As long as we're in the playoffs, anything is possible.

Us as New England Fans should be like this, with Tom Brady and Bill Belichik , now if there is no Super Bowl Birth, anything else is a dissapointment.. If you cant accept that than we are getting as soft as the team has been the last 2 weeks at home..

I'm not worried. I have confidence in this team to turn it around. I've seen them do it too many times.

they're not going to blow people out every week.

as it was, we had a chance to tie or win the game at the end, just like last week. we didn't get blown out, but we came up short in our come back.

trying to win without Rodney is hard.

the Jets needed this game more than we did. now we have strong competition from a division team for the rest of the season. this will keep our heads on what they need to be on.

it's unreasonable to expect this team to just beat everyone going away like we did in Minn. Jets are a good, tough team and they played well, and won the game.

Pats are 6-3, with a one game division lead and seven to play.

I like this Patriots team and I believe this team can go far in the playoffs.

PaulNEPats said:
I think we're all getting a little too worried over a couple of losses. I don't see people harping on Indy almost losing to the Jets and Bills. If not for a FG miss, Buffalo wins today. There's still 7 games to fine tune the offense. There's a lot of new cogs in this team that will continue to get better as the season goes along. The streak had to end sometime. If there was one thing that I had to worry about, it's Harrison's injury. As long as he's back in time for the playoffs, this team has as good a chance as anyone else to reach Miami. Let's all take a deep breath and relax :p

It seems to me what we have to do is mostly correctable. This isn't an Arizona situation where we are looking at glaring holes and a lack of ability to win. No way should that have been a Jet TD in the 2nd quarter. Hobbs should be ashamed. It should be correctable via coaching however. Further, Brady making a few better throws and a few less bad decisions is entirely expected. He won't be perfect. Nobody is. Again, I expect he will be making less bad decisions. Gabriel carrying the ball in the wrong hand and the OL playing porous, I expect those to not be the norm. Lastly, coaching is a problem too. I wholeheartedly expect BB and co. to coach better. Brady and the coaching staff should be better and I believe that likely will happen. If turnovers, bad coaching and uneven QB play happens next week in GB, I'll start worrying quite a bit more. 3 weeks in a row is too much to be written off.........

patsox23 said:
I'm not worried. I have confidence in this team to turn it around. I've seen them do it too many times.

The problem is, this isn't the EXACT same roster as we've had in the past. Too many of the old guard have left, and many of the replacements simply aren't good enough.

Seymour93 said:
The problem is, this isn't the EXACT same roster as we've had in the past. Too many of the old guard have left, and many of the replacements simply aren't good enough.

I concur. I'm sick of hearing about the 5-5 mid-season mark in 2001. Who cares. It's no more relevant to this year's squad than the terds my dog drops in my backyard.

Either they buck up and get better or it goes into a sprial. I think 13-3 is a real possibility. I also think 9-7 or 8-8 is a real possibility. We're at a cross roads. Who knows which way it goes. That's part of the excitement (and dissapointment) of a season.

My concerns
Brady - He's not handling defensive pressure like he once did.

Injuries - This team isn't overcoming them like it used to.

Satisfaction - I worry a lot of guys on this team are satisfied with what they've accomplished and aren't particulary hungry anymore.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Either they buck up and get better or it goes into a sprial. I think 13-3 is a real possibility. I also think 9-7 or 8-8 is a real possibility. We're at a cross roads. Who knows which way it goes. That's part of the excitement (and dissapointment) of a season.
I don't think 8-8 is a possibility or even 9-7...There should be concern..but not the over the top sky is falling mode.

Seymour93 said:

panic.gif

SoonerPatriot said:
I concur. I'm sick of hearing about the 5-5 mid-season mark in 2001. Who cares. It's no more relevant to this year's squad than the terds my dog drops in my backyard.

My concerns
Brady - He's not handling defensive pressure like he once did.

Injuries - This team isn't overcoming them like it used to.

Satisfaction - I worry a lot of guys on this team are satisfied with what they've accomplished and aren't particulary hungry anymore.

...funny how these are the same classical "sky is falling fans." Don't act like you haven't been like this before.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm worried. We played with a hint of desperation against the Colts, making me suspect that BB is a little worried about the team, and now we came out totally flat against the Jets. I worry that BB has built such an insular world that no new ideas get through to him. Both the Jets and Colts used some fresh ideas to fight the Patriots and were successful. We come out with the same old thing. The Pats lack imagination right now, not talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes