Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone else mourning the blu ray?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by brdmaverick, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

One other negative result of the Patriots loss yesterday was the fact that a blu ray of their season would have been released if they had won.

This would have been their first victory in the blu-ray era.

I know I enjoyed my Bruins blu ray, but I am a Patriots fan at heart and really wanted it.
  2. strongside

strongside Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

And no Thursday night game which as a STH I was really looking forward to.
  3. Armchair Bronco

Armchair Bronco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you're saying that a Blu-Ray version of the season won't be released just because they lost in SB? That doesn't make much business sense.

Call me "Old School", but I bet lots of people would buy the disc regardless of the outcome of the Big Dance. It was a great game, and the Pats had a great season. They just fell short of the Lombardi by one game. No shame in that.

And no reason for some enterprising company *NOT* to release a Blu-Ray disc of that season.
  4. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

The NFL only makes a full out season review DVD of the Super Bowl Champions, which sadly, the Patriots are not.
  5. Bartmac36

Bartmac36 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am mourning the America's Game the most, I was looking forward to one for this team this year :(
  6. RDS11

RDS11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I will miss NFL Films' Americas Game, but not the blu-ray....because I already have recorded all the games !

I was also ready to start the 2012 season on a Thursday night against the Ravens. Being that there will be more Thursday night games next year, so the Pats will probably have to play one, I was hoping it to be the first game of the season, trying to avoid playing it in the middle of the season with only a 3-days rest.

It's a shame that most of the past NFL games are locked in a vault and mostly not available to the public. There's a few select ones that play on the NFL Network, but I feel that with most of the history of the game unavailable to the public, it's therefore forgotten. Unitas played in his last game less than 40 years ago, but most NFL fans have never seen him play, except a few clips here and there.
  7. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I guess the best we can hope for is an America's Game: Missing Rings
  8. rjw

rjw PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I too wanted to add to my America's Game collection.
  9. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -1

You folks have everything in perspective. And here I was disappointed that Brady and Belichick missed their shot at going down as the greatest HC/QB team in the history of the NFL. But, nope, I should have been focused on missing out on that blu ray DVD.
  10. Armchair Bronco

Armchair Bronco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, the NFL should have another series, featuring teams that made it to the Big Dance, and then lost.

In many respects, that would be just as interesting as featuring the winning teams. Then, spend about 3-4 minutes showing what happened to the team the *following* season: implosion, re-birth, greatness, mass firings, cellar-dweller-dom, etc.

I'd TIVO that series if it were available! :rocker:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.