PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else just sick of the NFL in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have other sports in the region with pretty good teams. Swing the attention/dedication over to them and hope the negative **** about the Pats blows over. That's what I'm doing.

win or lose i could not wait for the year to end .i am so f-cking sick and tired of all this spycrap garbage .BB is satin bla bla bla .

will it ever end? i thought the season was done?

Yes I have had it with the media and haters. Also the players both current and former who open their yaps. What's with all the sore winners out there? Did the politicians and players like Strahan really have to sya those things? I don't recall any Patriot players or Mass. politicians making any disparaging remarks after a Super Bowl victory.

I'm beginning to think it was more fun when the team stunk. The pressure to win it all takes alot of the fun out of it. Anything less than a SB title and the season is a devastating failure.

Hopefully this will run it's course during the offseason and be a non-issue come September. The focus should be on the defending world champion Giants then.

The unprecedented level of sabotage towards the Patriots in the 72 hours prior to the Super Bowl really soured me on the entire league even before the SB.

Football in itself is a magnificent game, but it's become too big. Since week one of the season the Patriots have become a vehicle for people at all levels of society to show their morality and cope with their insecurities. I don't think any other sports team has been in this position before, and I'm convinced it had a big effect on the Super Bowl. The Patriots, regardless of whether they won or lost, were going to be trashed after the game was over. That had to be incredibly deflating, and would certainly greatly damage my motivation to play such a difficult game.

The media is of course mainly responsible. A big reason pro wrestling has been the finest entertainment form over the last century is that it exists outside the mainstream and has tremendous control on the flow of information. While the media coverage of the NFL has always been idiotic, but in a harmless way most of the time. Now it's gotten to the point where great athletes and coaches are relentlessly attacked and torn down all for selfish, pathetic reasons. It's enough to get me to stop following this game for good, or at least a significant amount of time.

The focus should be on the defending world champion Giants then.

Just as the focus was truly never on the defending champion Colts last September, the focus will not be on the defending champion Giants next September either. Nope. The bullseye remains clearly on THE team of the decade--win or lose the SB--YOUR New England Patriots!

like them or not, they've become the team nobody can ignore. Don't you find just a bit of satisfaction in that? I do. :)

I haven't watched/listened to a single ESPN/NFL radio or TV show since the SB- just sick of everything and am trying to stay away from it all. Nevertheless, at one point today I had 6 guys open up on me in a company meeting over everything NEP - I felt like I was under a Naval bombardment.

ESPN has literally gone down the drains. they have so many hours to cover that they have become just another tabloid.
this whole mess is because of the a)media b)it happened against a new york team.
even people like easterbrook who nominates cheerleaders every week in his columns have become voice of credibility and reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes