PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else just sick of the NFL in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
To me, the entire NFL is just a headache at this point. The whole game now revolves around a whole bunch of negative emotions and hateful intents.

The whole spygate BS

The whole booing players from a losing team BS

The whole senators-from-the-superbowl-winning-state on the case of the super bowl loser BS

The whole "classiness" BS that we constantly hear about players and teams

Where's the fun in football gone? Where has the GAME aspect of it gone? Why are so many people's egos who are entirely not part of teams wrapped up in the game?

Does this say as much about how pathetic we are as a nation as anything else?

I'm getting there too, and Leahy throwing throwing his entire home region under the bus isn't helping either.

i dont know anymore....now i really would like to see the NFL get hammered somewhere....im growing sick little by little....if the pats moved to another league, i would not follow the nfl....at all

I think the NFL itself has done everything possible to keep a level head through all the stupidity of Spygate. They have stuck to the same story all along, said they did not consider anything tainted, and have not buckled under pressure from Specter. I pin this almost entirely on the media and Specter/Comcast which is, in effect, the media as well.

The state of NFL officiating has made me not want to watch it much for the last couple years.
The crap that has gone on the season has made me want to punch my 'fellow American.'

I'm not sick of the NFL, I love everything about the sport.

However, I am sick of ESPN and some of the other major media outlets. They've turned sports from a game into an institution. Scandals revolving around the games are talked about more than the games themselves. The day before the Superbowl is filled with so many stories about players families and human interests stories, and not the game that is being played the next day. Refs are no longer out there to make sure the game is being played fairly, they're out there to have some effect on the outcome of the game. Rules aren't made to adjust with the game, they're made because some GM doesn't like that his QB getting picked off four times.

Ok, maybe I am a little sick of the NFL. They suck at presenting football.

Last edited:
To me, the entire NFL is just a headache at this point. The whole game now revolves around a whole bunch of negative emotions and hateful intents.

The whole spygate BS

The whole senators-from-the-superbowl-winning-state on the case of the super bowl loser BS

Where's the fun in football gone? Where has the GAME aspect of it gone? Why are so many people's egos who are entirely not part of teams wrapped up in the game?

I agree that wuss members of the media are trying to "****ify" the game but I'm not sure you would have written this thread if NE had won the game.

The whole spygate BS

I agree, it's all gotten deeply personal with people in a very negative way. The sensationalized media spin has only made it worse. I think a lot of it is jealousy over how well the Pats have performed, but MOST has to do with hatred aimed at BB for being misperceived as an "arrogant cheater" and his unfriendly (toward the media) personality.

A lot of people in our society lead shallow, spoiled, spiritually bereft lives, and look for meaning in things like sports and entertainment. This lends undue importance to things like the NFL (Specter's shenanigans) and wrecks its rightful role as a pleasant distraction from the crap we all endure in REAL life. The NFL and the Patriots should be a hobby and a joy, not a burden we have to endure and defend against haters.

I think we all would be well served to re-connect with "sportsmanship" and all it entails. As much as XLII hurt to witness in person, I immediately turned to a couple Giants fans behind me and shook their hands when the gun went off. On the plane flight home I sat next to a Giants fan and talked to him for hours. The outcome of that game still bugs me deeply, but I feel I have somewhat of a better perspective now than I would otherwise.

Last edited:
I agree that wuss members of the media are trying to "****ify" the game but I'm not sure you would have written this thread if NE had won the game.

In my case, if NE had won the game and completed the 'perfect season', I would have taken some time off from my fan-aticism with it all.

I wouldn't have been as bad as Mercury Morris, talking about it for 30+ years... maybe just 3 or so. ;)

I know that feeling, i used to hit every sports site several times a day, throughout the year less and less, right now, i check this board and reiss once a day.

A couple more fake pats fans(indy trolls) doing the "im ashamed of the patiots" threads and i'll be down to reiss once a day.

The state of NFL officiating has made me not want to watch it much for the last couple years.
The crap that has gone on the season has made me want to punch my 'fellow American.'

You couldn't be referring to any of those corrupted officials officating games favoring the Colts at the RCA Dome could you? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean, man...except, for some reason, this SB has changed me, Im getting into sports a lot more, especially the NFL now (I have no idea why). So, until anything NFL related comes on TV, Im watching my brother play Madden :)

I think my grandmother was right, when she said "money is the root of all evil". As the amount of money to be made has increased in sports, it has attracted more flies - whether it is player entourages getting involved in nightclub shootings or sleazy media hype inventing stories. In the end, we kind of have ourselves to blame for feeding this monster with our dollars.

I think the money has gotten big enough that the NFL has now jumped the shark and gone political with the Specter nonsense. I mean seriously, the most corrupt institution in the nation (Congress) is investigating the NFL? How can anyone take this seriously. Look at the money trail - that always answers all the questions.

Senator Arlen "Comcastic" Specter should have his biases dragged out into the sunlight to burn. His statements are beyond contempt - dismissing the fact that his two largest contributors are Comcast and the law firm that represents them against the NFL, and saying that his personal fan interest in the Eagles somehow justifies using his office to grandstand. Like the majority of our elected representatives, he's a narcissistic fool. But we keep electing his ilk nonetheless.

I'm also sick of Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, the Cincinnatti Bengals, TO, Chad Johnson, and all the other thugs who stole the media all last offseason.

freaking NFL people. Why do somebody make a big deal out of it.? if you think 18-1 is bad, spygate is the worst and it keeps getting worse.

The whole spygate BS

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. There is very little to say beyond what you have said.

The problem is, the game of football, the game of baseball will be gone. What I mean by that is the true love of the game.

Sad. No words to describe sad. As all these "people" attack us, they fail to realize they are attacking the game itself.

I feel very sad as an NFL fan.

As a nation, we have lost it. I have my thoughts, like 7 years having a moron rule, yes rule, your country. Attacking everything we stand for.

It is a very sad moment in our history. Will we recover, darn if I know. I feel not.

I don't know who you are, but keep speaking. You got it bud. You understand the big picture. So very people see it.

I'm sick of the greed. The greedy bastards are slowly squeezing out the real fans (if they haven't already) for a fairweather wine and cheese crowd.

Yeah you can say its the market and and everything else but its BS.

The NFL has no competition, that is a monopoly and as such they stick it to fans every where we turn. Whether its ticket prices, parking, psl's, exclusive tv agreements, directv.

The NFL is headed for a rude awakening, I hope they save all the cash they are rolling in now because it will not last forever. There is a limit and a lot of fans are at the breaking point right now.

Sick of the NFL, not sick of the Pats. I'm moving into Pats only mode. I could
give a **** what goes on in the rest of the league anymore. I haven't gone
to the ESPN, SI, CBS, etc websites since the SB and don't plan on doing so
in the future either. Even this place is beginning to suck with all the crap being posted.

I'm sikc of the media. Everybody and the mother is a reporter. There are way too many media outlets and if Tom Brady scratches his back it gets reported.

The whole spygate BS

win or lose i could not wait for the year to end .i am so f-cking sick and tired of all this spycrap garbage .BB is satin bla bla bla .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes