Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone Else Have Trouble Sleeping Last Night ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BelichickFan, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

I was awake in the middle of the night replaying that damn PI on Troy at the end of the first half. Damn.
  2. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I had a hard time. I had a bunch of really weird bad dreams too (none of them football related, thank God).
  3. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

sleep ? it was 2 hours and a half in the bed...game finished for me at h 0430 a.m.

when i opened the eyes the first impression was our loss...
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

When my wife asked why I was up at 5:30 and I told her I had trouble sleeping she asked if I was sick. Nope, I told her, just thinking of what might have been :(
  5. brady et al fan

brady et al fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no but I woke up grumpy. Still trying to shake it. I guess I've gotten spoiled and am not used to the Pats losing this kind of game.
  6. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tossing and turning all night. Damn
  7. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I always have difficulty sleeping after a night game, even a win. But a loss and in the championship game just hurts.

On a humorous note, When will the Pats hang up the AFCC participation banner?
  8. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

me too. in bed at 10:30 and couldn't fall asleep. i woke up about 15 times and i was just seeing the stupid confetti falling on the colts. my wife asked me in the morning if i was okay and i just grumpled something.
  9. Nikki

Nikki Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I tossed and turned until about 1am, then I took 2 tylenol PM's to get some sleep, and had weird dreams all night long about Peyton Manning.

And a really ODD one about Vince Wilfork......he was at my house for some reason and all he wanted was hot cocoa and marshmallows :eek:
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Yes, when my infant awoke at 3:30, I started thinking about all the what ifs.

Couldn't get back to sleep until 6.
  11. aabtec

aabtec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bingo...I was up 4am...stinks...
  12. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Had about 2 hrs, that was it..
  13. patsacolachick

patsacolachick Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tried to go to sleep around midnight, I think it was 2:30 the last time I looked at the clock-the what ifs are HARD! :(
  14. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i got maybe three hours sleep.then i had this dream i was at gillete and all the players were there .i was standing at this door that was gaurded and all these people where around looking in this little window at the players who were all looking at some papers then eric mangini walked thru the crowd and pushed me out of the way to get into the meeting.then the meeting broke up and i coudnt get a ride home at 3am.
  15. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I tried my best to put it away but ended up waking at least four times. Worse was when I woke up and thought that this was a bad dream and that it is still Saturday...:(

Quite better this morning.

And I refused to get involved in my office talk about how the Colts had the stadium temperature so high knowing that it would affect the flu-ridden Pats more than the Colts. Apparently this was mentioned by Mike-and-Mike on their ESPN show this morning.

Hats off to the Colts for putting up a terrific second-half. Hats off to our beloved Pats for such a terrific season in spite of all the injuries and turnover.

And finally, hats off to this great site and fans.

GO PATS!!
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  16. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No, I got to sleep pretty well last night.

BUT, I laid in bed for about an hour this morning thinking about the game. It was brutal.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Ah well, at least we're all in it toghether :(
  18. chunkypony

chunkypony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

didnt get to sleep until about 3:00, and now I am up early to do the homework I was supposed to do last night, and I am just back on these boards.

This sure is a tough life to live.
  19. robd54

robd54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, i definately had a hard time sleeping and woke up grumpy. Personally it's not just the fact that we lost, it's how we lost and who we lost to. We didn't play our usual patriots football, both defense and offense. Kinda grumpy today as well, but trying to get over it and move forward looking forward to next year.
  20. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I was the same. I went to sleep around 3:00 my time and had to get up at 7:30. And boy am I in a miserable mood this morning.
  21. pats60

pats60 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Haven`t slept yet .
    Worst loss than Oakland game
  22. patsfan1971

patsfan1971 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I went to bed at 1, then I tossed and turned all night thinking of what could have been. I had few weird dreams. One of my dreams I was sitting at a table with Richard Seymour discussing the game. Got about a total of 3 hours of sleep, i'm pretty grumpy this morning.
  23. LiveShot

LiveShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Listened to Freddy and Pete analyzing the game and slept like a baby. Woke up 5:00 am, went to the gym, took my dogs for a walk, ate breakfast and going to look for a deal on LCD or plasma tv's. Should be some great deals as the stores looked forward to huge sales before the super bowl. Now, WTF cares.
  24. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

I took a sleeping pill about 2 a.m.
  25. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yup, I'm running on fumes today. Couldn't get Addai's winning TD and Brady's game-ending pick out of my head. I couldn't get over that the Colts won this game in Patriots fashion...making huge plays in the 2nd half on *both* sides of the ball (their D made several huge plays on 3rd down). I know this year was a reloading year (it's never a "rebuilding" year when you've got Tom Brady, that DL and OL all under 30) and winning it all was not something I was expecting in September, but when you're up 21-3 in the AFCCG and looking forward to facing Rex Grossman in two weeks, title number four looks pretty good. These opportunities don't come around that often and shouldn't be taken for granted. Look at the 1990s Cowboys: 3 titles in 4 years, then nada as the rest of the NFC caught up (and San Diego looks to be shaping up as the 1990s Packers while the Colts are already the 1990s 49ers). I think that's what kept me up the most...realizing this was a prime opportunity lost and a similar one might not come back for some time.

In contrast, I slept like a baby after the loss to Denver last year. Losing 27-13 in a game where you turn it over 5 times is just one you chalk up to "just not our year".

Regards,
    Chris
  26. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I did.

That's too funny that others had the same experience.

I went to bed about 11:30pm EST and woke up about 2:30am...

Never really got back to sleep again.

Sat in a chair watching a National Geographic "Taboo" special about people who cross gender lines...female body builders, men in India who dress in wedding gowns for some yearly ritual, female wrestlers in Japan, transvestites...

Very educational!

And I have a softball game @ 9:30pm tonight so I'll feeling the effects of this loss well into Tuesday!
  27. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Definitely. Slept through my alarm for an hour this morning (couldn't sleep till 3AM)
  28. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Omygod yes. I went got home from watching the game around 10:30, went online for a few minutes (just trying to unwind a bit and commiserate with my fellow pats fans), then went to bed at 11:15. I tossed and turned, with my head buzzing with thoughts of the game, until about 1:40 a.m., at which time I got up and took a Benedryl. Then I went back to bed, and after an hour was still awake, so I went to my computer and came back here for a bit, then went back to bed at 3:30 and finally got a couple of hours of sleep. I'm a walking zombie today.
  29. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

The good thing was I was able to give all my coworkers that "don't even THINK about talking to me today" look. Not even any damn eye contact. Maybe I'll talk tomorrow . . . we'll see ;)
  30. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Brrrraaaaaaiiiinnnsss!

I'm a mega-zombie today. I've been snippy to everybody today. It's not so much the loss that's making me grumpy...it's the lack of sleep.