Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone else going home to New England to watch?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by neuronet, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

I'm flying to New Hampshire Friday night so I can watch with my family there. I can't wait. I hope I can be productive at work the next two days!!!
  2. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 6 / -13

I live in NH you should come to my house, I have a two-seater love seat and a lot of roofies.

As for the topic I normally drive home to my parent's house in Maine to watch the game with my folks but this year I'm gonna go to a big party at a friend's house. My parents aren't really Patriots' fans so it will be more sweet to savor a possible win with fellow rabid fans.
  3. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sure neuronet will take you up on that awesome offer of hospitality.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Any response I make will either be offensive or creepy.

I had assumed my family would be as emotional as me, but now that you've said why you're watchin with friends, I wonder if I've made a mistake. I had imagined my family would be into it, but god what if they aren't? I'll have to disown them. Or give them roofies and replace them with people I find at a bar....
  5. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I'm going home to watch the game. It could be a bad idea. My Dad is the pinnacle of the pessimistic fan (he hasn't recovered from the 1960-2003 Red Sox, or the 1960-2000 Patriots) so he will probably just pout and complain and freak out. My mom has no idea what football really is, so she will probably make a ton of stupid comments and get pissed when my father and I laugh at her. My sister thinks she is a big Pats fan but she really doesn't know anything about the team, past or present.

But I'd rather watch it in HD on a 50" with free food than in a dorm on ****ty TV with a bunch of musicians that are fake sports fans.
  6. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -1

No, I must be back to work Monday morning......to remind the several hundred Giant fans and anti-Pats fans that I work with exactly who won the game.
  7. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No way, no how, no sir. Every Patriots and Red Sox championship this decade (except the 2001 SB) was won with me firmly planted down here in DC. I'm 100% convinced that this is behind the teams' recent success, so I am doing you all a favor and staying well away.
  8. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That's the way I feel about it as well. As much as I'd love to be up there no Boston sports team has ever won a damn thing (except for the 84 and 86 Celts when I was a toddler) while I was there. I couldn't risk jinxing them like that.
  9. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not that bad considering no Philadelphia pro sports team has won a title since 1983. Also, the 84 and 86 Celts were as good as it got for NBA watching.
  10. Jodi

Jodi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wish I could be back with my family in NH to watch the game. Especially with the game actually going on a few miles away and I can't afford those damn SB ticket prices!
  11. Hardboiled

Hardboiled Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

After going to the last two SBs with my brother, the stars didn't align as well this year. I am flying back to Mass to watch it with him and family. Seems crazy and logical at the same time.
  12. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Holy crap you have just described me to a T. I was a big fan from birth (1970), or at least as far as I can remember. But that's exactly me. I am a whiney little freak watching them, I just get stressed and freak out every time something bad happens.

I need a therapist for PTSD for Boston sports fans. Patriots trounced, Sox dismantled syndrom from my childhood.
  13. NEP-tune

NEP-tune Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome home, everyone!!!
  14. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Hey I'm from South Hampton, cool to see another Southern NH person here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.