PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else getting tired of Mike Reiss' opion-less writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your first point is the case then that's kind of sad. Hearing other people's opinions is something that makes America great, freedom of speech you know.
Freedom of speech is not freedom of opinion. You do not have the right to slander or libel someone no matter what your opinion of that person is.

Patsfan55 - you are coming across as incredibly intellectually lazy.

Spouting off unfounded accusations, accusations that you don't have the time to corroborate - but time can easily be found to pump out the same garbage in this thread.

Maybe you just feel like some attention: you just come across as a little juvenile, someone without the attention span to back up his own accusations.

I can understand the concept that Reiss doesn't often offer strong opinions, but most of the examples I see that are like this, where he explains why there isn't enough info to tell:

--
Hey Mike, what do you see on the interior of the OL. I was really disgusted last year on all of the 3rd or 4th and shorts the O-line couldn't execute and I'm hoping Orhernberger or Larsen can push for time.

Mike Reiss (11:32 AM)

This is one area I am very interested in watching in training camp, because it's going to be hard to evaluate these interior o-linemen until there is contact in full pads. I see Ohrnberger as a wild card...

----

Is it better for him to pretend that he can tell, by looking, at lineman doing sled-pushing drills, who is going to be better?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
My only problem with this is that he is probably being paid lots of money to do something that you really don't need a lot of skill and knowledge to do.

I think youre way off here, I think what Mike does takes a lot of skill and to do it in the manner in which he does it without drawing attention to himself it takes great skill. Anyone can be an ass like Felger and say outrageous things to draw attention to yourself but to to do it like Mike is much harder.

Of all the writers to pick on, Mike Reiss? He actually reports the news in generally neutral facts, then offers his personal opinions through his mailbag segment or prefaces opinions his opinion with phrases like "I think" or the like. He does offer plenty of opinions, so I am not sure what your ideal model of opinion-full writing might be.

If it is in a style like Gregg Easterbrook, I expect you will find yourself on the proverbial island far apart from the majority of posters here.

Last edited:
I can see this thread is going no where, and given the recent history that we've experienced here lately - for the record - I'm not interested in this forum being a place where we continually bash the people who bring us the information. Enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back