PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else concerned about no CBA extention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I think you have to start taking this seriously, The NFL is the number 1 sport in america.. It is also the smartest, however if they cant decide about how to divide the money equally, then you might as well have Bud Selig and Gary Bentman run the leauge... When the players are led by Gene Upshaw, they are in trouble..

VERY concerned...I think all should be...why??? An uncapped year could send the league into a chaos that would make it seem more like another sport that fell...(hockey...baseball..LOL) a strike looming in later years?? The problem is playing chicken by both sides Both are greedy and want more and the problem is..they don't realize that if they mess up they get so so so much less...and that is the problem..it's a fragile situation and if the goose stops laying the golden eggs..they all lose AND they lose big time!!

Last edited:
The scary part is hearing stupid Gene Upshaw saying stupid things like if we don't get this deal done now, the salary cap is dead and will never come back. He's an idiot if he doesn't know that the salary cap has been the best thing for the game since the forward pass.

i love only the NFL and i simply can NOT imagine one eventual strike possibility...

it should be bad...

how many possibilities do you really think a strike could happen ? when ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
i love only the NFL and i simply can NOT imagine one eventual strike possibility...

it should be bad...

how many possibilities do you really think a strike could happen ? when ?

I don't think there will be a strike. The last time the NFLPA tried it the players crossed the line and it failed.

Relax

The game is bigger than anything the owners or players can try to do to it.

In yesterdays paper, it was interesting to read Krafts comments made in response to a Seymour question, while he replied RS is one of his favorite players and he wants to keep him right here - he also noted that the Patriots currently have two game plans for moving forward, one with and one without a CBA. That says to me , as usual, we are ready for anything. We can compete with the top money teams as we are one of them. We have the best organization in football, we can compete and win in any scenario.

As I recall, I believe the NFL went from 87-92 just fine with no CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots