PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else concerned about all the injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllabouttheVinces

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
OK, it's still 6 weeks until training camp, so it's way too early to panic, but I have to say I was surprised at all the players whoi skipped minicamp due to injuries. It's been 5 months since the last playoff game, and Reiss's blog reported the following people missed all or part of minicamp, presumably due to injuries:

Daniel Graham
Jarvis Green
Dan Koppen
Brandon Gorin
Nick Kaczur
Artrell Hawkins
Eugene Wilson
Hank Poteat
Rodney Harrison
Patrick Pass

Most of these guys are locks to make the 53 if healthy, so they didn't "need" a teaching minicamp, but it's still surprising to see that 5 months wasn't enough to heal. I guess we'll find out when TC opens whether anyone starts out on PUP.

I'm not. They'll be very conservative with injured guys right now so sitting out a minicamp isn't an indicator of a significant problem.

I think BB gets more and more careful every year in terms of injuries, and that the Patriots (and every other team) have the luxury of being EXTREMELY conservative with their players. I wouldn't worry or read too much into it.

Why risk tweaking an old injury now and and as a result missing some/or all of training camp.

Koppen, Harrison and Pass you knew wouldn't be ready. The somewhat troubling ones are Graham, Kazur, Hawkins and Wilson because they are projected starters and we have not heard about any lingering injury concerns or off season procedures on them. Graham may have had to have that shoulder repaired.

But if you check out the KFFL blurbs daily most of it is now players who did not practice in mini camps, so we aren't alone and it's 6 weeks til training camps open. Felger hinted late last season that while dinged up a bit Kazur was dipping his toe in the dog house as well so you never know if these things as injury related or attitude adjustments.

MoLewisrocks said:
Felger hinted late last season that while dinged up a bit Kazur was dipping his toe in the dog house as well so you never know if these things as injury related or attitude adjustments.

Please elaborate. I've heard nothing negative WHATSOEVER about Kaczur's attitude. What did you hear/read?

I'm sure most of those guys had minor surgeries in the offseason or tweaked something working out, and at this point in the year, it's best to be overly cautious. There's no point in trying to rush them back for a meaningless minicamp.

patsox23 said:
I think BB gets more and more careful every year in terms of injuries, and that the Patriots (and every other team) have the luxury of being EXTREMELY conservative with their players. I wouldn't worry or read too much into it.
Totally agree..much ado about NOTHING!!

Yes would like to hear some more about Kaczur As this is the first any mention of him being in the dog house

Not concerned. It's June.

patsox23 said:
Please elaborate. I've heard nothing negative WHATSOEVER about Kaczur's attitude. What did you hear/read?
Felger said it at the end of last year, something to the effect that his not playing in the Denver game was as much due to his lack of preparation (and he hinted at him having too much fun in the evenings) as it was due to the announced injury. I've never read anything else about it so I don't know how seriously to take it.

BelichickFan said:
Felger said it at the end of last year, something to the effect that his not playing in the Denver game was as much due to his lack of preparation (and he hinted at him having too much fun in the evenings) as it was due to the announced injury. I've never read anything else about it so I don't know how seriously to take it.

Yup, that was all it was. Felger said according to some of his team sources (I read that as players and likely the one doing a segment on his show at the time) said the organization was a little more disappointed in this particular player having that particular problem because at 26 they had expected a little more mature attitude from this rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back