Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone else concerned about all the injuries?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AllabouttheVinces, Jun 17, 2006.

1. AllabouttheVinces

AllabouttheVinces Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, it's still 6 weeks until training camp, so it's way too early to panic, but I have to say I was surprised at all the players whoi skipped minicamp due to injuries. It's been 5 months since the last playoff game, and Reiss's blog reported the following people missed all or part of minicamp, presumably due to injuries:

Daniel Graham
    Jarvis Green
    Dan Koppen
    Brandon Gorin
    Nick Kaczur
    Artrell Hawkins
    Eugene Wilson
    Hank Poteat
    Rodney Harrison
    Patrick Pass

Most of these guys are locks to make the 53 if healthy, so they didn't "need" a teaching minicamp, but it's still surprising to see that 5 months wasn't enough to heal. I guess we'll find out when TC opens whether anyone starts out on PUP.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I'm not. They'll be very conservative with injured guys right now so sitting out a minicamp isn't an indicator of a significant problem.

3. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I think BB gets more and more careful every year in terms of injuries, and that the Patriots (and every other team) have the luxury of being EXTREMELY conservative with their players. I wouldn't worry or read too much into it.

4. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why risk tweaking an old injury now and and as a result missing some/or all of training camp.

5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Koppen, Harrison and Pass you knew wouldn't be ready. The somewhat troubling ones are Graham, Kazur, Hawkins and Wilson because they are projected starters and we have not heard about any lingering injury concerns or off season procedures on them. Graham may have had to have that shoulder repaired.

But if you check out the KFFL blurbs daily most of it is now players who did not practice in mini camps, so we aren't alone and it's 6 weeks til training camps open. Felger hinted late last season that while dinged up a bit Kazur was dipping his toe in the dog house as well so you never know if these things as injury related or attitude adjustments.

6. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Please elaborate. I've heard nothing negative WHATSOEVER about Kaczur's attitude. What did you hear/read?

7. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'm sure most of those guys had minor surgeries in the offseason or tweaked something working out, and at this point in the year, it's best to be overly cautious. There's no point in trying to rush them back for a meaningless minicamp.

8. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Totally agree..much ado about NOTHING!!

9. World Champs 3X

World Champs 3X Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes would like to hear some more about Kaczur As this is the first any mention of him being in the dog house

10. smg93

smg93 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Not concerned. It's June.

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Felger said it at the end of last year, something to the effect that his not playing in the Denver game was as much due to his lack of preparation (and he hinted at him having too much fun in the evenings) as it was due to the announced injury. I've never read anything else about it so I don't know how seriously to take it.

12. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Yup, that was all it was. Felger said according to some of his team sources (I read that as players and likely the one doing a segment on his show at the time) said the organization was a little more disappointed in this particular player having that particular problem because at 26 they had expected a little more mature attitude from this rookie.