PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else completely sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Mosley, he is a Dallas sportswriter, I thought the part about Romo was a pretty obvious joke to be honest.
The Brady vs Manning debate was always about rings vs stats, now Manning is 3-0 in his last 3 versus Brady, and he has a ring. I still thing Brady is the better quarterback, but I don't think it's out of the question for their to be a debate and for people to side with one rather than the other.

anyone else sick of the comparison of manning vs. brady?

[manning vs. brady drivel]

what does everyone else think?

I agree, I'm sick of the comparison. :cool:

most sports analysts are always flip flopping on who is better....2-3 years ago, 9 out of 10 analysts say brady is far better than manning....now that manning finally won a ring, 9 out of 10 say manning is the better...

i even read on an article on espn.com today, and one analyst thinks the great debate 50 years from now will be "romo or manning"

romo??? he starts off 5-1, and finishes what? 3-3? and now he's already replacing tom brady in the new millenium best qb??

wow....just wow...

think about it....

peyton was a #1 overall selection in his draft...brady was a 6th rounder...

peyton SHOULDVE already have had 3 rings, as far as expectations were concerned, but the 6th rounder brady has 3, going onto 4 this upcoming season...and peyton FINALLY won ONE, when he was 30 years old

some analysts say, well brady had a better defense during his superbowl seasons, - well thats cause brady's defense didnt use a cover 2 scheme, where you let the opposing offense catch the ball, and the defenders swarm to the player for minimal gain....

..brady had a better defense b/c the pats organization didnt put all their cap money into the offense

yes, manning has a few mvp's and some records, and other future records, but that's what you should expect when you have guys like edge james, marvin harrison, and reggie wayne for so many years,

brady had different receivers, who werent as highly touted as wayne/harrison and he's had a few runnings backs in his backfield

it just bugs me, b/c in 5 years when both manning and brady are going into retirement, 9 out of 10 analyst will be talking about how much better brady was than manning....

now lets also check the qb matchups in recent superbowls between brady and manning

2001- brady vs. warner(along with the "best show on turf"
2003- brady vs. delhomme
2004- brady vs. mcnabb

2006- manning vs. REX GROSSMAN

warner had marshall faulk in his prime, and they were the self proclaimed "best show on turf"
delhomme was an undrafted free agent, but he was no rex grossman, even last year, many people though the panthers were preseason favorites to win the 2006 superbowl, let alone make it to the superbowl
mcnabb is pretty much the "karl malone" of football...malone never won a nba title b/c he was in the michael jordan era, and mcnabb will probably never win a superbowl b/c he's in the brady/manning era......and according to that one analyst on espn.com, mcnabb wouldve been in the romo/manning era

rex grossman........enough said, its rex grossman....he openly admitted that he wasnt prepared and didnt much care for the last game of the season against the packers....that says a lot about a qb....at least in carolina(2003) and st. louis(2001) the home team werent crying for the backup qb to replace their starting qb...grossman and greise

Its a silly comparison. Since Peyton plays in a dome, and plays road games regularly in domes, too, it's hard to compare stats with Brady, who rarely ever plays a game in a dome.

If Manning played for the Jets or Ravens, his stats would be nothing compared to what they are. Sucks to know that if not for a bad route run by Troy Brown in the 4th quarter last January, Brady would have 4 rings and Manning would be shining his forehead with more failure.

Ill tell you what Im sick of....

Thread title: Brady has a broken......

First post: bicycle!!! OH MY GOD!

most sports analysts are always flip flopping on who is better....2-3 years ago, 9 out of 10 analysts say brady is far better than manning....now that manning finally won a ring, 9 out of 10 say manning is the better...

i even read on an article on espn.com today, and one analyst thinks the great debate 50 years from now will be "romo or manning"

romo??? he starts off 5-1, and finishes what? 3-3? and now he's already replacing tom brady in the new millenium best qb??

wow....just wow...

think about it....

peyton was a #1 overall selection in his draft...brady was a 6th rounder...

peyton SHOULDVE already have had 3 rings, as far as expectations were concerned, but the 6th rounder brady has 3, going onto 4 this upcoming season...and peyton FINALLY won ONE, when he was 30 years old

some analysts say, well brady had a better defense during his superbowl seasons, - well thats cause brady's defense didnt use a cover 2 scheme, where you let the opposing offense catch the ball, and the defenders swarm to the player for minimal gain....

..brady had a better defense b/c the pats organization didnt put all their cap money into the offense

yes, manning has a few mvp's and some records, and other future records, but that's what you should expect when you have guys like edge james, marvin harrison, and reggie wayne for so many years,

brady had different receivers, who werent as highly touted as wayne/harrison and he's had a few runnings backs in his backfield

it just bugs me, b/c in 5 years when both manning and brady are going into retirement, 9 out of 10 analyst will be talking about how much better brady was than manning....

now lets also check the qb matchups in recent superbowls between brady and manning

2001- brady vs. warner(along with the "best show on turf"
2003- brady vs. delhomme
2004- brady vs. mcnabb

2006- manning vs. REX GROSSMAN

warner had marshall faulk in his prime, and they were the self proclaimed "best show on turf"
delhomme was an undrafted free agent, but he was no rex grossman, even last year, many people though the panthers were preseason favorites to win the 2006 superbowl, let alone make it to the superbowl
mcnabb is pretty much the "karl malone" of football...malone never won a nba title b/c he was in the michael jordan era, and mcnabb will probably never win a superbowl b/c he's in the brady/manning era......and according to that one analyst on espn.com, mcnabb wouldve been in the romo/manning era

rex grossman........enough said, its rex grossman....he openly admitted that he wasnt prepared and didnt much care for the last game of the season against the packers....that says a lot about a qb....at least in carolina(2003) and st. louis(2001) the home team werent crying for the backup qb to replace their starting qb...grossman and greise

yeah, the debate on Manning and Romo will be "Who's the second best?" cause Brady will be the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes