PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else a little nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on another post the Giants are only 1-5 against teams w/ winning records, 1 win against the skins, like someone said at one time "you are what your record says you are". Patriots are 15-0

Yup...they lost to the 'Boys twice, they lost to the Packers pretty big (35-13), got SMOKED by the Vikings (41-17), and split against a Skins team that the Pats beat by 45.

Similar opponents: Dal, Skins, Jets, Fins, Bills, Philly. The Giants average score in those games was 20.8-20.7, and they went 6-3 in those games. The Pats average score against those opponents was 40-15.3, and were (clearly) 9-0 in those games.

According to the ESPN power rankings, the Giants played two (Cowboys and Packers) of the top 10 teams (Cowboys twice) and went 0-3 in those games; the Pats played 4 games against top 10 teams, winning all 4.

What does all this mean? Absolutely nothing...though I think it points to the fact that the Pats are a much better team than the Giants, and I believe they'll show that on Saturday.

I've posted this before, but I'm a HUGE fan of sports history and the legacy that is created with great teams. I love reading about classic teams in baseball and football and nothing would make me happier than an unblemished record. BB is also a sports history buff and I'm sure--while he'd never say it in a press conference--he'd love for this team to go undefeated. They'll do everything possible to achieve an unblemished record going into the playoffs, imo.

Nervous? yeah, I'm freakin nervous!! What if my cable goes OUT!:eek: :bricks:
That happened here in CA for the Chargers game...the freakin cable went out!!! We ended up at the Fox Sports Grill with the Orange County Patriots Fan Club celebrating a great win over San Diego. The cable going out was a blessing in disguise...we met some great people. Patriots fans are from everywhere.

This year has been reall special. I have been a Pats fan since their beginning, but this season has been different from the git go. The acquistion of a receiving squad during the off-season made the antennae go up.

I have been nervous from the start of every game. I have worn the same clothes...a dark blue Patriots 3 Super Bowl winner T-shirt covered by a dark blue Randy Moss T-shirt covered by a flannel shirt covered by a dark blue Brady game shirt, blue jeans, NB running shoes, and my Super Bowl XXXLVlll dark blue slouch hat. (The flannel shirt was added after the Dallas game...it does get chilly in so Cal in the winter). I will wear that outfit again tomorrow night.

I run a whole lot, and it seems that I spend many miles going over the team's chances, their personnel, their past games, and upcoming games. It causes the miles to clip by quite easily. Before each game the bride and I get the Bloody Mary mix and fixings ready, and, so far, we have been able to toast a win 15 times this season....does tomorrow night worry me? Yes...I want the Pats to win; I want Brady to get his 50 TD's for the season, and I want Randy Moss to break Jerry Rice's record.....that's not really a great deal to ask...is it?

At any rate, my stomach will be in knots until tomorrow's game is over. Then the second season will be upon us. The Pats will have two weeks to develop some brand new looks we and the other teams have yet to see. It will be a great playoffs, and hopefully my Patriots game clothing holds up for those THREE games as well. I want 19 games of stomach knots, and I want some 19-0 gear to wear around here in Charger country....:D

It has been a great season. Let's hope it will be the perfect season..a season I will probably not live to witness again...but who knows?

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!

That happened here in CA for the Chargers game...the freakin cable went out!!! We ended up at the Fox Sports Grill with the Orange County Patriots Fan Club celebrating a great win over San Diego. The cable going out was a blessing in disguise...we met some great people. Patriots fans are from everywhere.

This year has been reall special. I have been a Pats fan since their beginning, but this season has been different from the git go. The acquistion of a receiving squad during the off-season made the antennae go up.

I have been nervous from the start of every game. I have worn the same clothes...a dark blue Patriots 3 Super Bowl winner T-shirt covered by a dark blue Randy Moss T-shirt covered by a flannel shirt covered by a dark blue Brady game shirt, blue jeans, NB running shoes, and my Super Bowl XXXLVlll dark blue slouch hat. (The flannel shirt was added after the Dallas game...it does get chilly in so Cal in the winter). I will wear that outfit again tomorrow night.

I run a whole lot, and it seems that I spend many miles going over the team's chances, their personnel, their past games, and upcoming games. It causes the miles to clip by quite easily. Before each game the bride and I get the Bloody Mary mix and fixings ready, and, so far, we have been able to toast a win 15 times this season....does tomorrow night worry me? Yes...I want the Pats to win; I want Brady to get his 50 TD's for the season, and I want Randy Moss to break Jerry Rice's record.....that's not really a great deal to ask...is it?

At any rate, my stomach will be in knots until tomorrow's game is over. Then the second season will be upon us. The Pats will have two weeks to develop some brand new looks we and the other teams have yet to see. It will be a great playoffs, and hopefully my Patriots game clothing holds up for those THREE games as well. I want 19 games of stomach knots, and I want some 19-0 gear to wear around here in Charger country....:D

It has been a great season. Let's hope it will be the perfect season..a season I will probably not live to witness again...but who knows?

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!

and I want some 19-0 gear to wear around here in Charger country....

Good for YOU!:rocker: Cheers my friend. Spread the joy:singing:

"

I'm more nervous about the game thread, quite frankly. We could easily see the team lose there, no matter what the score is on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back