PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone catch Mike and Mike on ESPN this AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the segment.

Golic said that if the Pats go 16-0 and lose in the playoffs they will not be remembered as the equal of the Dolphins.

I don't disagree at all.

Me neither. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl,If they happen to go undefeated doing it would be great.

ESPN is so anti Patriot there are only maybee 4 people that respect the patriots that are on Espn

Colin Cowherd
Chris Berman
Keyshawn Johnson
Sean Sailsberry - Who I cant stand, but respect...

Other than Berman, I can't stand these guys either. That's how bad ESPN is. In fact, I'd rather listen to Emmitt Smith than Cowherd, just to give you an idea of how bad I think Cowherd is.

ESPN is so anti Patriot there are only maybee 4 people that respect the patriots that are on Espn

Colin Cowherd
Chris Berman
Keyshawn Johnson
Sean Sailsberry - Who I cant stand, but respect...

And Steve Young. He's a fan.

I heard the segment.

Golic said that if the Pats go 16-0 and lose in the playoffs they will not be remembered as the equal of the Dolphins.

I don't disagree at all.

The one problem I had with Golic's comments was that he made it sound like if the Pats go 19-0, it was not a big deal. He used lines like "the best the Pats can do is tie the Dolphins' record" or "19-0 is no better than 17-0 just because the Pats had more games on their schedule" as if even matching the Dolphins' achievements was not a big accomplishment. It just seemed he was already trying to minimize what the Pats will have done if they do go perfect.

I'm sorry, but 19-0 is better than 17-0. The Dolphins are at the disadvantage as not having as many games on the schedule. Funny, everyone seem to make that if the Dolphins went 0-16 that it was worse than the Saints going 0-14.

This post stinks. Nobody ever said they "have accomplished nothing" if they win out. I've listened to those guys daily for months, and I've never heard anything remotely as idiotic as what you are stating.

Something you have to realize is that the glitter is off of this team because everybody is resigned to them winning out for at least the regular season. It's not a thrill or a surprise at this point. It will rate mention when they do it, but it will be quickly forgotten in the wake of the playoffs.

Get used to it - the season is far from over and much bigger things are on the line, and many teams are now hopeful of postseason play, and the Pats are not the only story in town.

In THIS town they are!

The one problem I had with Golic's comments was that he made it sound like if the Pats go 19-0, it was not a big deal. He used lines like "the best the Pats can do is tie the Dolphins' record" or "19-0 is no better than 17-0 just because the Pats had more games on their schedule" as if even matching the Dolphins' achievements was not a big accomplishment. It just seemed he was already trying to minimize what the Pats will have done if they do go perfect.

I'm sorry, but 19-0 is better than 17-0. The Dolphins are at the disadvantage as not having as many games on the schedule. Funny, everyone seem to make that if the Dolphins went 0-16 that it was worse than the Saints going 0-14.

A voice of reason!!!! Great post......My feeling is that these two idiots were trying to trivialize what the Patriots have accomplished......Being only the 2nd team to go 14-0 (technically TIEING the doofins wins for the regular season.....you know, the old regular season when they played no preseason games and only 14 games in the regular season) in the HISTORY of the NFL....is pretty damned special......

I just think Golic and ****a let jealousy and bias get in the way of true journalism here........Thanks for letting me know that you saw that episode....GO PATS!

Please tell me you are not driving listening to this crap .You sound so pissed and i had people on the road with road rage as a motorcycle rider.

And Steve Young. He's a fan.

That's true.

And so's Merrill Hoge. And Mike Greenberg.

But seriously, folks, if the NEP do not win the SB in AZ, then the rest of this season will mean absolutely nothing. And don't be surprised if most of the players feel the same way, too.

Last edited:
I heard the segment.

I don't disagree at all.

I saw nothing wrong with that statement either.
You can bet your mortgage that BB is telling the troops the same thing.
Because it's true.
Ditka and all the rest are just thumping their chest as hard as they can
while they still can.
Because if the Pats actually pull this off, they'll all have to move down a rung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back