PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody watching the Rose Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to complain about ref's calls, but I think the Trojans have been ripped off a couple of times, that was a fumble. The TD on the lateral by Vince Young (knee down) and no instant replay.....and who knows if they will call this a fumble.

Young is one helluva QB. If he came out this year, I honestly think that the Texans would give serious consideration to taking him because he looks, to me anyways, to have the talent to be a COMPLETE QB. He was the most accurate QB in college this year. And you usually don't get a ton of accuracy from a scrambling QB. Young is also pretty powerful and has pocket presence.

Young is a heck of a scrambler, but throws sidearm too much for the pros. White is getting the carries and yards because Texas overloaded their backfield with DB's to keep up with Bush. Last two series USC couldn't be stopped and Texas had to settle for field goal tries. Look for more Len Dale --game over.

Young has a strange delivery but he is one helluva scrambler.

This game has confirmed my suspicions: LenDale White will be a superior pro tailback compared to Reggie Bush. I'd like to see him in Patriot Blue.

The Texas Longhorns just won the National Championship with that stop. No way does USC stop Vince Young.

I guess given the choice between punting and putting that D back out there and trying to win with your great offense Pete made the right call. Still 4th and 2 on the 40 most coaches probably punt it inside the 10.

huskeralk said:
The Texas Longhorns just won the National Championship with that stop. No way does USC stop Vince Young.

Not when they give him free first downs with stupid penalties anyway.

Richter said:
Not when they give him free first downs with stupid penalties anyway.

That still would have been 4th. and 5, maybe less. USC showed no signs of stopping Young. He would have walked for that first down.

Look at Carroll running across the field with a smile on his face...

"wow...what a greata= game ...gosh...you guys played great...let's go for pizza!!"

Any wonder why this mutt has been castigated in the pros?

Last edited:
Vince Young was a machine and Reggie Bush disappeared when his team needed him in the big game.

I guess no three-Pete.

Last edited:
Bush is hyped...way overhyped....put a hat on him and he goes all rubbery and crap...that 6'5" Trojan WR is the deal..and Lendale

Amazing finish by Young. Makes Michael Vick look like a second-stringer. Surprised they stopped White. We gotta get a couple of those Texas DB's. :D

Joker said:
Look at Carroll running across the field with a smile on his face...

"wow...what a greata= game ...gosh...you guys played great...let's go for pizza!!"

Any wonder why this mutt has been castigated in the pros?
I don't like Carroll much at all, but at least he showed a touch of class as compared to his QB

Matt Leinart : "I still think we're a better football team" = Kordel Stewart : "Sometimes the better team doesn't win"

Classless Leinart " We're still the better team they just made the plays at the end"

I wanted USC to win, but bet my friend that Texas would win. Woo.. 50$ to me!

Leinhart is going to be Chad Pennington with a slightly better arm in the pros. Give me LenDale White and Vince Young over Leinhart and Bush anyday.

i dont know, will vince young make a good NFL QB? Will he be a lesser version of Mike vick?

That was a typical pete carroll game, prevent defense, and always lose a close game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes