PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody watching the Rose Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shakadave said:
Leinert sucks. To be fair, I haven't seen many of his "good" games, but man, he falls down, he throws to receivers when they're covered like glue, he holds it too long and gets sacked....

They should have started Cassel last year!

Yeah.....Leinart really sucks.....Heisman winner 2004.....3rd in the 2005 Heisman voting.....back to back championships, with 5 TD passes in one of those games. Puhlease.......I will admit he looks bad in this game, but there's another half to come, and only down by 6. I think that most of the prognosticators missed the fact that the Longhorns have a really good defense, and they are putting pressure on Leinart every passing play. On the other hand, the Longhorns could have scored more, USC's D doesn't look that good, and Vince Young looked pretty damned good. We shall see.

so where is this reggie bush guy that everyone is talking about? The bush guy i see couldnt run on the 49ers let alone the better teams in the NFL.

desi-patsfan said:
so where is this reggie bush guy that everyone is talking about? The bush guy i see couldnt run on the 49ers let alone the better teams in the NFL.

Oh, you mean Bush Light? Yeah, I'm not impressed either.

I hope Bush plays so poorly that he slips to the Patriots at #32 overall in the first round :).

on the other hand...Lendale white looks like a young corey.

White is outplaying Bush right now. He just went Corey just now pushing some guy down with a beautiful stiff arm. White if he comes out could be top 10.

And as I post this, TD White, Trojans tie with the extra point pending.

Looks like Bush got yanked. I don't think I've seen him in the 2nd half.

Aldogg said:
White is outplaying Bush right now. He just went Corey just now pushing some guy down with a beautiful stiff arm. White if he comes out could be top 10.

And as I post this, TD White, Trojans tie with the extra point pending.

No possible way does Bush score on that TD run. White had to earn that TD, Bush would have gone down like a cheap hooker upon first contact.

You read some posts on this thread and you couldn't possibly guess that Reggie Bush is averaging 5 and 1/2 yards per carry and had 110 yards from scrimage in the first half against one of the best defenses in the country.

dhamz said:
You read some posts on this thread and you couldn't possibly guess that Reggie Bush is averaging 5 and 1/2 yards per carry and had 110 yards from scrimage in the first half against one of the best defenses in the country.

He is playing behind an extraordinary O line. He takes what they give him then he's done. Virtually none of those yards have been earned on his own.

dhamz said:

I said that earlier, he is on pace for his usual 100+ yards rushing, and who knows how many yards receiving. People are acting like he is playing against a High School team and should have 400+yards already, or like he only has 2 yards. I have seen him run right up the gut a few times, and even moved the pile. He's gonna be a great one, probably add 10+ pounds for the NFL, which will slow him down to a snail like 4.4 40 yard dash, lol. This game is being won AND lost by the teams defenses. Texas' defense is just better, USC's defense is getting killed by Vince Young, mostly his running.

The offenses are starting to heat up. White takes it in again. That shanked XP might be Texas' undoing, as a defensive battle now could become an offensive shootout, and Leinart is starting to heat up on this last drive it looked like to me.

I'm not gay, but I offially love Lendale White now. Unfortunately with his performance, he probably won't be there for the Pats, who probably won't go RB in the first round anyway. 26 TD's, that's just crazy.

Aldogg said:
The offenses are starting to heat up. White takes it in again. That shanked XP might be Texas' undoing, as a defensive battle now could become an offensive shootout, and Leinart is starting to heat up on this last drive it looked like to me.

Reminding me of the Pats-Panthers SB. 14-10 at the half, 32-29 final
USC-Texas 16-10 at the half........final score.....???

ya, white does indeed look like a young corey

Two excellent DB's that I want as Pats......Bing USC vs Huff Texas, so far I think Huff has been more impressive. Unfortunately, neither will be around when the Pats pick.

skri65 said:
ya, white does indeed look like a young corey

and Young is reminding me of a young Randall Cunningham...during his flashes of brilliance...

Young is an amazing athlete.

The one downside I see is he doesn't look like a very accurate passer, at least tonight. I've seen a lot of wide open WRs have to dive or go down to 1 knee to catch passes.

Is there a dumber rule than the college rule of once your knee is down you are down? Except maybe the ridiculous stopping of the clock after every first down?

Last edited:
Reggie Bush

now THAT is the definition of SPEED

Bush is a hotdogger. On that play he somersaults into the endzone (after a subpar night) and in my opinion took the ball outside the pilon by somersaulting. I wish they placed it at the 1-yard line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes