PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody watching the Rose Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
USC is playing like the University of Second Choice.

Heard complaints about Randy Cross' commentary after the Miami game, but Keith Kackson has been wrong, wrong, wrong all game. Who are the 3 players to win 2 Rose Bowl game MVPs twice?: twice he left out the twice; said Young lost the ball when he lateralled; said the extra point after Texas first TD was good when you could clearly see it wasn't. He made the excuse he's looking through binoculars, but Dan Fouts has been right on his calls and he's sitting right next to Jackson. Jackson should retire.

I'm watching. As far as I can tell, I was right about Bush Light. He's overrated, can't pick up the tough yards. He'll really be screwed when he faces NFL players who are even bigger and faster.

The officiating is horrible. The Young lateral and the Texas interception in the end zone were easily visible without instant replay.

Reggie Bush is avoiding contact like a cat avoids water. He keeps running out of bounds.

BTW, for those that care, it's 16-7 Texas right now, 2nd quarter.

Last edited:
USC doesn't have a chance to win. Texas clearly has the stronger "no respect" card in play -:)

Fanfrom1960 said:

Heard complaints about Randy Cross' commentary after the Miami game, but Keith Kackson has been wrong, wrong, wrong all game. Who are the 3 players to win 2 Rose Bowl game MVPs twice?: twice he left out the twice; said Young lost the ball when he lateralled; said the extra point after Texas first TD was good when you could clearly see it wasn't. He made the excuse he's looking through binoculars, but Dan Fouts has been right on his calls and he's sitting right next to Jackson. Jackson should retire.

Jackson needs to hang it up. Plus he apparently can't pronounce Tom Brady's name.

I have to give it up to Texas. I thought they would lose badly but they're playing tough, though USC has given them a few breaks. That was a horrendous call on the TD Texas scored when Young's knee was clearly down. On the whole, college officiating is a joke. They have no concept of how to use instant replay and the actual officials are bout one step above high school refs.

Willie55 said:
The officiating is horrible. The Young lateral and the Texas interception in the end zone were easily visible without instant replay.

Reggie Bush is avoiding contact like a cat avoids water. He keeps running out of bounds.

BTW, for those that care, it's 16-7 Texas right now, 2nd quarter.

How was the INT in the endzone a bad call? Now the pick that they didn't review that was an obvious catch was a bad call.

Yeah, USC has looked pretty bad so far. Linert looks worse than Bush (on pace for another 100 yard game) in my opinion. Should have had 2 INT's instead of 1 (dropped). I predicted Texas would win, but I'm rooting for USC. It's far from over.

Last edited by a moderator:
huskeralk said:
How was the INT in the endzone a bad call? Now the pick that they didn't review that was an obvious catch was a bad call.

* I think he meant they shouldn't have needed replay to call it right

huskeralk said:
I'm watching. As far as I can tell, I was right about Bush Light. He's overrated, can't pick up the tough yards. He'll really be screwed when he faces NFL players who are even bigger and faster.
I'm thinking you're right, but on the other hand, I really like that LenDale White.

huskeralk said:

What I'm saying is they needed instant replay to get it right when they shouldn't have. The guy almost had two feet in and him being in-bounds was plainly visible.

Last edited:
The referees also missed the clear HOLDING call on the Texas WR who bulldogged down a USC LB on the play to clear the lane for the Texas RB to romp into the endzone untouched.

Leinert sucks. To be fair, I haven't seen many of his "good" games, but man, he falls down, he throws to receivers when they're covered like glue, he holds it too long and gets sacked....

They should have started Cassel last year!

Willie55 said:
What I'm saying is they needed instant replay to get it right when they shouldn't have. The guy almost had two feet in and him being in-bounds was plainly visible.

Oh, well that happens. Things move alot faster on the field than what we see at home. If they were on the wrong side of the play it would be tough to see. I don't believe it cost Texas a TO did it?

Not sure if you guys noticed or not. But, these are Big 10 refs.
I've had the displeasure of watching their act since PSU decided
to join the conference. Some PSU fans think their is a bias against
us. I just think it's incompetence. The only reason there is instant
replay in college football is Joepa *****ed and moaned about
the refereeing in the league and Big 10 decided to give it a whirl
last year. Everyone else jumped in this year.

patsfaninpa said:
Not sure if you guys noticed or not. But, these are Big 10 refs.
I've had the displeasure of watching their act since PSU decided
to join the conference. Some PSU fans think their is a bias against
us. I just think it's incompetence. The only reason there is instant
replay in college football is Joepa *****ed and moaned about
the refereeing in the league and Big 10 decided to give it a whirl
last year. Everyone else jumped in this year.

Im not sure the conference affiliation matters. They're all bad. I've seen it all year long. It's just shameful and bad for college football, which is kind of like a banana republic as it is.

huskeralk said:
Now the pick that they didn't review that was an obvious catch was a bad call.

In the NFL that was the correct call. If you leap to make a catch and land on the ground you need to maintain control of the ball. He dropped it when he hit the ground so it would be incomplete.

I don't know what the college rule is on that.

Fanfrom1960 said:

He did retire, but then ABC talked him into coming back......."Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!" He only does West Coast games now. I swear he is like Rainman, a blathering idiot or a freakin genius, no middle ground!

The whole referree crew on the field and in the booth is clueless....this is revolting... a game of this magnitude and these mutts out there...sad

rose bowl? ZzZzzz.. lol i just cant get into college football.. some of those rules are strange..

Chris said:
rose bowl? ZzZzzz.. lol i just cant get into college football.. some of those rules are strange..

Yeah, that forward pass they do is revolutionary! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye