Welcome to PatsFans.com

anybody watch the Dems debate in SC tonight?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Apr 26, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I only caught the last 30 minutes. 3 front tier candidates, 3 strong VP's ( Biden, Dodd, Richardson) and the 2 nutcases.

I had to chuckle when Brian Williams asked Edwards who his greatest moral influence was. He had a classic dear in the headlights look "Do I say Jesus? What if I do? What if I DONT?..um, um, brain think of something" then he finally said.... My...Lord?? um, my wife....ah, and my father....

I wonder what Hillary would have said. Certainly couldnt say Bill. I wish he had asked Obama.

after the debate, in fact, i think I saw Obama slip Williams 5 bucks. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Heard it on the radio. You could picture Edwards' face as he struggled with that question. Why couldn't he have said Thoreau or Jefferson? What a boob!

I thought Biden was a dick at the end with his "Candy Land" comments about ending war and engaging in diplomacy as a way to conduct foreign policy. He used Afghanistan, the Balkans, and Darfur as examples of justified war. "Here's a good spot to play 'tough guy'".

Clinton's voice is enough to disqualify her with the voters - no really, it is!

I like Kusinich but he comes off as a homeless guy with a brain...not electable EVER.

The New Mexico guy made no sense at all. My ADD wouldn't allow me to track his points. Did he make any?

Obama reminded me of Jim Braddock in "Cinderella Man" when he realized he just might be able to pull off the title. Obama's handlers must have been sparring with him just before he came out. I was picturing him jogging in place in boxer boots, gloves and a hooded robe with "Ba ROCK" on the back.

Who told Dodd to run? Is he friggin serious?

Loved the old guy. I'd vote for him if the election were held tomorrow. Most genuine of them all.

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

When the question was asked, what mistake have ever made (para phase). It was Obama who answered that he wished he had stayed in the Senate during the Terry Schiavo debate and had chosen to support the family's rights. I can't remember a politician ever admitting a mistake and defining it so clearly.

4. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

missed that! key question, which family? her parents, who pleaded to take care of her themselves, or the so-called husband?

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +561 / 15 / -29

This whole training camp and preseason for the '08 election is already getting long, my view is to wait until next year and then see who sifts out before I give them much attention.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +856 / 2 / -9

:singing: Democrat Candidates :singing:

This group of "Left Wing Saps" will get another Republican elected, even "The Moron" Bush could beat them again.
    "OK, we all hate Bush right"
    "Yeaa, yahooooooo"
    "See you in Washington, don't use to much toilet paper"
    :bricks:

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd still like to see Jeb Bush get elected. Don't see anyone better. But first he would need to listen to Heaven more than George has.

//

8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm burned out already. Damm, the '06 elections were less than six months ago.

:wha:

//

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The only conclusion I've reached is that Richardson isn't getting my vote. None of the others have distinguished themselves; but there's plenty of time and I really can't say I know much about any of the Dems. I know all the Republicans are jerks though. That was an easy;) conclusion to reach.

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

He was speaking, of course, about the husband and legal guardian who the law proclaims as provider. Obama admitted his error in trying to circumvent the law, probably do to politics. Maybe, he listened to a Doctor's prognosis from a video.
    The bottom line is, he spoke with simple English, with no double talk, and did not evade the question. You may not like his ultimate answer, but when have you ever heard a politician speak so directly and honestly.

11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You better not be saying he was articulate:eek:

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +388 / 15 / -14

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

That is what I like about him. I worry about his inexperience though. His positions I know little about, but he seems honest unlike the rest of the jokers. Thing is, this isn't a fun time in the world, and the next person in charge is probably going to have to deal with a world of sh!t, and I'm not sure he's ready for something like that. We'll see though, it's still so early.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

I wonder if they played this at the debate last night, as the predebate entertainment. If not, maybe they'll use it at the Dem convention.

(sound needed) :D

http://objective.ytmnd.com/

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He's as ready as anyone else is. Who's more ready? McCain? Mitt friggin Romney?

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

So a few years as a Senator means your ready? I'm not sure, during these times at least, that I want a rook in charge. We'll see though, it's still very early.

17. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

without question the greatest,kindest,and wisest man this country has ever seen :rolleyes: