PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody see inside the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patradomous

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That f'n jerk Collinsworth telling the Jets how to play sundays game.
They hate the Pats with all their soul.
Including that little queen Costas.

This what he said...quote is from another board.

In the show "Inside the NFL" tonight they had yet a new segment. In that segment Collinsworthless played the part of Mangini giving his pregame emotional speech. In it he basically said:

I don't care if we win this game, but if the NE doctor isn't on the field at least five times, I am cutting you all!

He also said the team should try to injure Moss in the first quarter. Also he said that his players should not go for interceptions, but should let them get the ball, and instead concentrate on injuring the receivers.

The other guys were cheering him ON! How can any person who claims to be a responsible journalist state that the main point of the game shouldn't be winning, but injuring players and perhaps ending their careers? This is the absolute height of irresponsibility!

The rest of the crew said this is EXACTLY what Mangini should do, and that Mangini should Tivo the segment for his players.

How can this be allowed as journalism? Players, teens, and kids watch this show, and they are openly promoting pure assault (in the legal sense) as a game focus. To say that instead of trying to win a game, that players instead concentrate on hurting, maiming, and possibly disabling or killing players as a game goal? Are you kidding me?

Collingsworthless needs to be fired, and the other hosts need to make VERY public apologies BEFORE the game. They need to tell the players and the public that they don't condone this type of behavior.

This was the most disgusting piece of sports journalism I have ever seen, and I have seen a LOT.

Chris Collinsworth isn't a journalist.

Well it will be on tommorow nite again if you get a chance,see it,it will make you puke.
They are already talking how they are going to lose in the playoffs.

Well it will be on tommorow nite again if you get a chance,see it,it will make you puke.
They are already talking how they are going to lose in the playoffs.

I couldn't care less........

Yeah....that was brutal. Even the little midget Costas chimed in at the end of Collinsworth's "injure them" rant. Costas "I hope you're right".

Last edited:
And this is different from how the Patriots played other high powered offenses (especially Rams in the SB) how?

Get over it. While coaches won't say "hurt them" word for word, they'll certainly emphasize toughness, physical play, etc.

I didn't see it, so maybe it was too over the top, but it seems like folks are a little sensitive...

And this is different from how the Patriots played other high powered offenses (especially Rams in the SB) how?

Get over it. While coaches won't say "hurt them" word for word, they'll certainly emphasize toughness, physical play, etc.

I didn't see it, so maybe it was too over the top, but it seems like folks are a little sensitive...

We talked a lot about hitting them hard and wearing them down, but never about making them bring their friggin' DOCTORS into the game. There's a big line there.

The Patriots are 13-0 in dominating fashion, what do you want them to do, its an entertainment show, they were role playing, Chris Carter's turn as Belichick was also entertaining. The Patriots are finishing off the greatest professional sports season ever which could never be surpassed, duplicated, possibly, but unlikely. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

We talked a lot about hitting them hard and wearing them down, but never about making them bring their friggin' DOCTORS into the game. There's a big line there.

Exactly. I was astonished at that last night.

Here is a commentator, under contract to HBO (NFL Films) and NBC which has a contract with the NFL, calling (under the protective guise as "I'm playing Mangini") for the Patriots team Doctor to have to get on the field "at least five times, or else I'm cutting all of you tomorrow". He also said words to the effect that 'I don't care if we win or not, you're number one priority is to just hurt them'.

He was practically salivating.

I must say it was a very inspirational speech and he DID blow Chris Carter out of the water with it.

However, it was very questionable as for appropriateness. If ANY Patriot is hurt this Sunday, the question would be whether it was a "mob hit" or not. Methinks Goodell would look askance at someone under contract (directly or indirectly) to the NFL actively contributing to that type of mindset.

I love how the media was gushing over the Colts when they were 13-0 a couple of seasons ago when Peyton Manning was going to break Marino's record.

Now the Pats are in danger of breaking that Colts team's records and they're calling for somebody to take out Tom Brady and Randy Moss. If they were doing it tongue in cheek that'd be one thing but they're serious.

The media F'ing sucks. Let the BB FU Tour continue. Embrace the hate!

He is advocating injuring players under the "play acting" guise of being Mangini?

This is about as low as it gets. Mangini should come out with a statement saying that he finds that disturbing and that he would never, ever, say anything like that to his players. If Mangini doesn't, he's even a bigger turd than he is now.

I registered my complaint with HBO.com about this segment. I wish I had done the same earlier with the Washington Post when Michael Wilbon suggested that opposing teams should target Brady's knees. Media SANCTION of player injury should be rejected vehemently by the public.

I just sent a message to HBO with my resignation to their subscription. And I also let them know how I felt about their Inside the NFL show, not only this week but in general.
This is getting way out of hand, those pompous asses on that show are idiots anyway, so good riddens.
I'm hoping enough New England people can write to HBO and threaten cancellation of their show unless there is a public apology or comment in regards to urging harm to players on that program.

Ya know, I understand the natural way people want to see the one on top tumble, but there is genuine hatred brewing out there for the Patriots and I just don't get that part!:eek:

I agree with all the outrage above. I can hardly believe this really happened! I actually like Collinsworth (liked?), who was the first Sunday Nighter to suggest the Pats could be the best team ever (or was it the first to suggest 16-0, I forget). We should all pressure for an apology. What are we teaching our kids? Goodell, let's see what you're made of.

Collinsworth should be suspended for advocating one team injuring another. I can't believe HBO,and NBC haven't said something to him about this,and previous statements. What he's saying is outrageious. :mad:

Last edited:
I love how the media was gushing over the Colts when they were 13-0 a couple of seasons ago when Peyton Manning was going to break Marino's record.

Now the Pats are in danger of breaking that Colts team's records and they're calling for somebody to take out Tom Brady and Randy Moss. If they were doing it tongue in cheek that'd be one thing but they're serious.

The media F'ing sucks. Let the BB FU Tour continue. Embrace the hate!

Has Costas ever not mentioned how 'if' the Colts had..............they would be undefeated. Every segment I've watched, he always mentions that the Colts were a couple of plays away from an undefeated season. Bob, Manning threw six interceptions in San Diego. 'If' the Chargers make a couple of plays its a blowout. Maybe its a rating thing, but they also keep mentioning how much of an advantage Indy will have going into the Razor (the two teams roles have been reversed).

However, it was very questionable as for appropriateness. If ANY Patriot is hurt this Sunday, the question would be whether it was a "mob hit" or not. Methinks Goodell would look askance at someone under contract (directly or indirectly) to the NFL actively contributing to that type of mindset.
Don't be surprised if a key player gets taken out on a dirty hit.Mangini is desperate to save face.And when/if it happens he will get some sort of justification from the media.Their is already an undercurrent from the media that it is OK to do anything to derail the Pats, and the media is already suggesting that a dirty hit would just fine and will spin to being belichicks fault.

This what he said...quote is from another board.

That is friggin outrageous, even for a rag-arse show like ITNFL!

I stopped watching that show about 10 years ago...it's horrible...you get about 3 minutes of highlights and 57 minutes of talking heads and human interest stories and stuff..

Awful!

Back in the day, you got like 2-3 minutes on each game...

They never should have let Len Berman go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back