PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody need a Brady fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he keeps this stuff up maybe he may someday be as good as Tebow :D:D:D

Dream on. He will never top a gifted scrambler like Tebow in the all important statistic of yards from scrimmage per sack.

Be sure to wipe your chins when you are done

Please don't Tebow this thread. Please.

Nice piece and clip. Thanks, Mo.

Brady speaks very well. He's actually quite impressive. He connects naturally with the audience and his sincerity is transparent. He'll do well on the $50,000 a pop circuit after he retires.

It sounds like he had a great high school experience at Serra, as none of what he said sounded "made up" or phony. It's a shame that Catholic education is now tarnished (and deservedly so) by the sex scandal, as many of those schools have done enormous good in people's lives.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
it would be nice if he could connect with his receivers in the super bowl.

It would be nice if his receivers didn't drop balls that hit them right in both hands in the 4th quarter :bricks:

It would be nice if his receivers didn't drop balls that hit them right in both hands in the 4th quarter :bricks:

Hope things are fine in Costa Rica, Gisele!

Please post some pics here of Welker's betrothed cavorting in or out of her bikini. That'll piss him off!

Last edited:
it would be nice if he could connect with his receivers in the super bowl.

Oh, I see what you did there! :nono:

I wonder how Brady was as a student in High School or at Michigan. You always hear about Boy Wonder (Drew Henson) being valedictorian of his high school class, but I don't anything about TB the intellectual outside of his Wonderlic score.

in all honesty, and we don't have to get into this too much since this thread is speaking to a different issue, it was a crummy pass to welker. the passes to branch and hernandez were fine and those were the receiver's fault, but people cannot throw welker under a bus for that uncatchable ball. even bill simmons who was sitting at the game right where the throw was made said it was a crummy pass. eli made his passes when he needed to, brady did not.

in all honesty, and we don't have to get into this too much since this thread is speaking to a different issue, it was a crummy pass to welker. the passes to branch and hernandez were fine and those were the receiver's fault, but people cannot throw welker under a bus for that uncatchable ball. even bill simmons who was sitting at the game right where the throw was made said it was a crummy pass. eli made his passes when he needed to, brady did not.

Your right, we don't have to get into it, but since you apparently decided to anyway, Bill Simmons...LOL :bricks:

I enjoy reading Simmons, but with all due respect I wouldn't use "even Bill Simmons said it was a crummy pass" to make your argument. Simmons' passion and knowledge lies in Pro Basketball, not football. He may have been there, but we all saw three different angles (there may have been more, I didn't watch again after that night and stayed away for the rest of the week) on the replay that showed that it wasn't the best throw, Simmons' analysis doesn't change what we all saw.

Regardless, one play doesn't define either Brady or Welker's value and for what next season may hold. The real problem was Eli had collectively a better group than Brady. As I said previously, give Brady those same three receivers and a healthy Gronk and it wouldn't have even been close. Hopefully they add a couple of receivers to go with Gronk, Welker, and Hernandez and the next time turns out better :cool:

Last edited:

I trust the SG's judgement on choosing between Gossip Girl and the Hills…not on the X's and O's of football. There are a few (or more than a few) Patsfans members who know the ins and outs of football better than Simmons.

Last night I finally built the courage to watch that play again and that was a MUCH better throw than people are giving credit to Brady for. He led Welker away from middle safety and that is why it was a wide throw, given the coverage that's where the throw needed to be! Great read and throw by Brady IMO. Welker messed it up for him, it's not as bad as Reche Caldwell but it was bad.

It was far from a crummy pass. Go back and watch where the Giants defenders were on the play.

If Brady tries to lob the pass into Welker's breadbasket or throw it on a straight line where Welker was initially headed, Welker would have gotten lit up by the safety. IMO Brady threw the ball where it needed to be and with the proper trajectory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots