Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anybody hear Shula trash Belichick on Colin Cowherd's show?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldrover

oldrover Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The topic went to spygate and Shula got all high and mighty. "I guess the NFL thought it was important, since they fined him $500,000 and took away a 1st round draft pick."

Cowherd tried to get Shula to say that it didn't taint Belichick's success, but Don wasn't having any of it. Hmmm... maybe this gives Shula the asterisk he needs if the Pats win out. :D
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Colin Cowturd's show = :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Shula is just frustrated BB has accomplished more in 7 years of coaching than Shula did in his entire career.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  3. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

May I'm missing something but I really don't see the big deal here.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +508 / 5 / -1

Personally, I don't care what Shula really thinks. But I wouldn't be surprised if Shula's opinion of Belichick is tainted by Belichick's friendship with Jimmy Johnson. Shula and Johnson have had a fairly public feud while Johnson was the head coach of the Dolphins. And let's not forget Belichick friend and protege, Nick Saban, replaced Shula's son Mike as head coach at Alabama and Don Shula trashed Saban for it.
  5. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

BB's best friends are Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban, Shula's mortal enemies. Shula was dumped for JJ, and Saban wrecked the Dolphins and had Shula's son fired from Alabama. Alot of animosity there. Shula and Marino are increasingly becoming irrelevant footnotes in NFL history.
  6. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Shula was on the show to promote blood pressure awarness, his was at the limit when he has to talk Belichick, he did have some nice words about Brady ,but say hey we had a great offense in Marino... He needs to get over it ... I do like Cowheard's show...
  7. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Shula admitted that he stole signs, but said that he did it, "the right way." He is deriving quite a bit of malice from a finely split hair.

Beyond that, it is widely known that Shula leveraged his position on the comp committee to ensure that his Dolphin teams were among the least penalized teams in the league.

It seems that he might want to invest in a mirror before sending shots out in another direction.
  8. LiveShot

LiveShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -16

Shula's just jealous. I'll bet Belichek doesn't patronize Shula's restaurant in Boston. They serve lousy steaks. Fred & Steve's has much larger portions and extremely tender cuts.
  9. Solaris

Solaris Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who gives a crap anymore guys. Seriously, all of these "guess who hates the Patriot's today" things are wearing thin. Isn't there a game or something this weekend?
  10. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Let's see how his blood pressure is during week 17.
  11. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Been to his restaurant in Miami and they also serve lousy steaks. Service was bad, but some of the memorabilia was cool.
  12. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Shula took one of the best teams ever to SB3 and was supremely embarassed. He had one of the best QBs ever and never could get there. All he had was the perfect season.....

one hit wonder......
  13. Mayday Malone

Mayday Malone Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My secret fantasy is to walk into a Don Shula's steakhouse and be lucky enough to have Don greeting guests. I hate that man enough to ask him if he's heard how Mark Henderson is doing this days. Actually, I would mind asking him if he's sign a pic of Mark on the plow, as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.