PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else noticing a sudden surge of Knicks fans?

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The bandwagon is full in New York. Where the hell did all of these Knicks fans come from? New Yorkers are quick to point the finger at other regions and call them bandwagon fans but, outside of the Yankees, New York teams are some of the biggest bandwagon teams in the nation. The sudden resurgence of popularity when it comes to the Knicks should highlight that. Any of you noticing this too?

Same as the Heat fans earlier this season ;).

People like following winners (or what they perceive to be winners). It's human nature really.

Last edited:
Being a media capital also helps. As far as a franchise, what a joke. Please hold up a finger for the number of championships in their history.

We have been an utter joke of a franchise for 9 years. The fans were there, but how could you support the Knicks when Isiah completely made a crappy team EVEN worse?

yeah it is kinda bandwagonish for all of us to come back, but I for one never really left.. just kept my mouth shut.

Same as the Heat fans earlier this season ;).

People like following winners (or what they perceive to be winners). It's human nature really.

I admitted as much earlier in the season. A lot of Heat fans were on the Orlando bandwagon then jumped back to the Miami bandwagon. I have posts here from 2007, the year the Heat were the worst team in the league, supporting Miami though. :D

Knicks fans are loving the NBA right now, they're destined to be the next superteam. It will be interesting to see who their final piece will be. Chris Paul maybe?

the Heat bandwagon is MUCH bigger

Knicks fans are loving the NBA right now, they're destined to be the next superteam. It will be interesting to see who their final piece will be. Chris Paul maybe?

Kind of funny if it is Paul. The Knicks may have put together a team which is better then Miami.

Kind of funny if it is Paul. The Knicks may have put together a team which is better then Miami.
If the Knicks can land Chris Paul that will be a super team. The big 3 in Paul (26), Stoudemire (29) & Carmelo (27) would have an average age of just over 27. Couple that with a pretty handy rotation and they'll be very very competitive.

If the Knicks can land Chris Paul that will be a super team. The big 3 in Paul (26), Stoudemire (29) & Carmelo (27) would have an average age of just over 27. Couple that with a pretty handy rotation and they'll be very very competitive.

It's impossible.

The NBA cap is kind of weird, but the short of it is that the Knicks have no room to sign Chris Paul even if he wanted to go to NY. Paul would have to be willing to play for fractions of his current salary, so it's not going to happen.

It's impossible.

The NBA cap is kind of weird, but the short of it is that the Knicks have no room to sign Chris Paul even if he wanted to go to NY. Paul would have to be willing to play for fractions of his current salary, so it's not going to happen.
Nothing is ever impossible.. especially when it comes to big market teams DropKickFlutie.

the Heat bandwagon is MUCH bigger

I know a lot more people that absolutely hate Miami than I do that love them. Not sure I can say that same about the Knicks right now.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back