PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else just get really excited for the draft???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Pittsburgh murdering the Jets just made me feel awesome and am now finally over the loss to the Jets...

Pats are going to get a big time pass rusher this year!!!

April please!!!:D

Yes I do. My prepreprepre draft pool #1 Safety #2 DE #3 OLB

Always excited for the draft and free agency!

I'm very excited about the draft. The picks we have set the Pats up to make some significant improvements on the defensive side primarily. I just hope we don't get cute and try to trade down when impact players are available at our higher picks. We need players now not next year.

Before I get excited about the draft, I have to get excited about the new CBA.

Defense won both games today.

As good as Rogers is took a pick 6 from a fatty to win game.

Same as jets game,pressure fumble for 6 was the diff.

Pats better use top 3 picks on D or forget about it.

Why? The draft is gonna happen before a new CBA is announced and CBA talk is really boring compared to draft talk.

the draft is going to happen regardless of whether the new CBA is in place. however, obviosly no matter who we draft, they won't play next year unless there is a season.

what's not to excited about? 8 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Defense won both games today.

As good as Rogers is took a pick 6 from a fatty to win game.

Same as jets game,pressure fumble for 6 was the diff.

Pats better use top 3 picks on D or forget about it.

We need help on both lines, even if Mankins stays. And we need improvements at OLB, as well.

#1A - DE
#1B - Guard
#2A - OLB
#2B - DE/OLB/safety (best of what's available at one these 3 positions)
#3A - RB
#3B - OL, possibly RT.

Mankins is no guarantee to stay, Light is a FA, Neal is likely done, Kaczur is meh... that leaves Seabass, who should be our LT for the next 7+ years. While I think defense should be the main focus, O- line cannot be ignored.

The draft can't get here soon enough!

Last edited:
The priorities as I see it:

DL
OL
Pass rusher
RB

In that order.

It's hard to get up for the draft until March-ish. The CBA does affect the draft a little, because without knowing how the rookie salaries will work, it could be risky trading up for talent from a cap standpoint.

Before anybody gets way too excited about the draft Fa or anything like that.. Lets focus on the cba first....

I like the fact we are 2 picks ahead of the Jets. That should make them quite nervous as always

I like the fact we are 2 picks ahead of the Jets. That should make them quite nervous as always

Pats 17,32,33,64,75,96, ~108*, 5th-7th
Jets 25, 82, 121, 5th,6th, no 7.
Jets have 18 free agents.
*4th rd guesstimate, 28th?

This is why I think Rex has been so over the top,
next year will be a step back.

Last edited:
Pats 17,32,33,64,75,96, ~108*, 5th-7th
Jets 25, 82, 121, 5th,6th, no 7.
Jets have 18 free agents.
*4th rd guesstimate, 28th?

This is why I think Rex has been so over the top,
next year will be a step back.

No since last year, they reorder the draft for playoff teams based on where the team was eliminated. We have pick 28, Jets have 29 in the 1st round I believe.

Last edited:
I'm very excited about the draft. The picks we have set the Pats up to make some significant improvements on the defensive side primarily. I just hope we don't get cute and try to trade down when impact players are available at our higher picks. We need players now not next year.

get as cute as they want with the rest of the draft so long as e come away with 3 of the top 33 or so. ideally i want olb rg & rb

No since last year, they reorder the draft for playoff teams based on where the team was eliminated. We have pick 28, Jets have 29 in the 1st round I believe.

Jets and Bears have the same record, but the Bears have a lower SOS so they are 29th

We need help on both lines, even if Mankins stays. And we need improvements at OLB, as well.

#1A - DE
#1B - Guard
#2A - OLB
#2B - DE/OLB/safety (best of what's available at one these 3 positions)
#3A - RB
#3B - OL, possibly RT.

Mankins is no guarantee to stay, Light is a FA, Neal is likely done, Kaczur is meh... that leaves Seabass, who should be our LT for the next 7+ years. While I think defense should be the main focus, O- line cannot be ignored.

The draft can't get here soon enough!

What about a big play wide receiver to flank Branch on the outside?

For those who don't know, we have a Draft Forum with loads of info already posted.

Odds on Pats making both first round picks? I say they don't use either of them and they trade down...big shock. I'm getting tired of hearing "oh, this guy doesn't fit the Patriots' "system"...well the f#cking system has sucked the last two years in the playoffs...especially qb and oline play...
to wit...SB v Carolina and their defensive line that had THIRTY ONE SACKS (39 overall) (that's just the line, not including 'backers, dbacks, etc.) Brady dropped back 48 times with ZERO sacks...
SB v PHI...sacked twice in 33 drop backs...

13 sacks in last three playoff losses...maybe we need Russ Hochstein and Tom Ashworth back...or maybe Brady needs to get his head out his ass come January...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes