PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else hate Don Banks this AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Its not his fault, but maybee he should play the lottery while he is at it..

Speaking of ironman quarterbacks, this will be the year New England finally has to come face to face with its greatest fear: Trying to win a game or three without Tom Brady. We're not predicting major gloom and doom for the Patriots, like a season-ending whatever to the league's reigning MVP. But with New England's offensive line suddenly a point of real concern, protecting the Franchise won't be as seamless as the Patriots have made it look in recent years.
While I can't see any opponent succeeding in bum-rushing Brady like the Giants did to great effect in the Super Bowl, I also don't imagine No. 12 is going to have forever and a day to stand back there in the pocket and perform surgery on his opponent's secondary, as was the case so many times in the Patriots' record-breaking 2007 run. Teams are going to be sending the house against Brady this year, because they saw what New York accomplished and will realize anew that giving him time to throw is nothing but a recipe for defeat.
Matt Cassel, you've been put on notice. Better be readier than you looked this preseason. Otherwise the only thing the Patriots will be perfectly inclined to this season is a modest losing streak while Brady heals.

why? I must have missed it. What did he say?

this was one of his 10 predictions

YES, I do.

Then again, I hated him yesterday morning too, so perhaps you shouldn't count my vote.

Banks was absolutely dead-on. This OL cannot consistently sustain protection for the Brady/Moss infatuation with long (and long-developing) pass routes.

I was afraid that something like this would happen since the start of last season. I've never wished that I were more wrong.

Banks was absolutely dead-on. This OL cannot consistently sustain protection for the Brady/Moss infatuation with long (and long-developing) pass routes.

I was afraid that something like this would happen since the start of last season. I've never wished that I were more wrong.

The guy was driven to the ground and then dove into Brady's leg. That injury was in no way on the line.

True enough; my real lesson, and I should not have mentioned the OL in particular in order to give it, is this: if you play with fire, then you will - sooner or later - get burned.

In answer to the question posed by the OP.....I not only hate Don Banks this AM, I hate EVERYONE this AM.

I do wonder about that prediction...just the line or maybe scuttlebut around the league gunning for Brady?? One knows writers hear things..THAT would be my question for Mr Banks....someone should ask..it happned way too soon to just be a law of averages prediction..OR blame it on the line..why not predict the same for Manning?? They even have starters out...just wondering...(I don't think that is the case..but an interesting coincidence..)

Last edited:
Hmm... this reminds me of the end of last season when people were starting to predict that opposing players would try to hurt Brady because of the Pats running up the scores. Wonder if this was truly an accidental hit or if it was player(s) not wishing to be humiliated. After all everyone was predicted KC to get spanked. I do think it was accidental, but ... makes you wonder.

Hmm... this reminds me of the end of last season when people were starting to predict that opposing players would try to hurt Brady because of the Pats running up the scores. Wonder if this was truly an accidental hit or if it was player(s) not wishing to be humiliated. After all everyone was predicted KC to get spanked. I do think it was accidental, but ... makes you wonder.
Did he hear things from players?? I think he must answer...

The guy was driven to the ground and then dove into Brady's leg. That injury was in no way on the line.

double check the replay....I believe it was Kazcur that folded (again) like a house of cards.......that allowed the guy to get to
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye