Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anybody else hate Don Banks this AM

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its not his fault, but maybee he should play the lottery while he is at it..

Speaking of ironman quarterbacks, this will be the year New England finally has to come face to face with its greatest fear: Trying to win a game or three without Tom Brady. We're not predicting major gloom and doom for the Patriots, like a season-ending whatever to the league's reigning MVP. But with New England's offensive line suddenly a point of real concern, protecting the Franchise won't be as seamless as the Patriots have made it look in recent years.
    While I can't see any opponent succeeding in bum-rushing Brady like the Giants did to great effect in the Super Bowl, I also don't imagine No. 12 is going to have forever and a day to stand back there in the pocket and perform surgery on his opponent's secondary, as was the case so many times in the Patriots' record-breaking 2007 run. Teams are going to be sending the house against Brady this year, because they saw what New York accomplished and will realize anew that giving him time to throw is nothing but a recipe for defeat.
    Matt Cassel, you've been put on notice. Better be readier than you looked this preseason. Otherwise the only thing the Patriots will be perfectly inclined to this season is a modest losing streak while Brady heals.
  2. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

why? I must have missed it. What did he say?
  3. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

this was one of his 10 predictions
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

YES, I do.

Then again, I hated him yesterday morning too, so perhaps you shouldn't count my vote.
  5. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +196 / 45 / -22

No Jersey Selected

Banks was absolutely dead-on. This OL cannot consistently sustain protection for the Brady/Moss infatuation with long (and long-developing) pass routes.

I was afraid that something like this would happen since the start of last season. I've never wished that I were more wrong.
  6. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

The guy was driven to the ground and then dove into Brady's leg. That injury was in no way on the line.
  7. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +196 / 45 / -22

No Jersey Selected

True enough; my real lesson, and I should not have mentioned the OL in particular in order to give it, is this: if you play with fire, then you will - sooner or later - get burned.
  8. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

In answer to the question posed by the OP.....I not only hate Don Banks this AM, I hate EVERYONE this AM.
  9. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

10. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I do wonder about that prediction...just the line or maybe scuttlebut around the league gunning for Brady?? One knows writers hear things..THAT would be my question for Mr Banks....someone should ask..it happned way too soon to just be a law of averages prediction..OR blame it on the line..why not predict the same for Manning?? They even have starters out...just wondering...(I don't think that is the case..but an interesting coincidence..)
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  11. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Hmm... this reminds me of the end of last season when people were starting to predict that opposing players would try to hurt Brady because of the Pats running up the scores. Wonder if this was truly an accidental hit or if it was player(s) not wishing to be humiliated. After all everyone was predicted KC to get spanked. I do think it was accidental, but ... makes you wonder.
  12. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Did he hear things from players?? I think he must answer...
  13. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 11 / -6

#12 Jersey

double check the replay....I believe it was Kazcur that folded (again) like a house of cards.......that allowed the guy to get to
    Tom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.