PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else Getting that Stomach Turning Feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more boasting i see from NY the more relaxed and confident i feel. They think they've already won the game.

Their behavior before this game reminds me of us (at least the fans) twice:

1. Before SB42

and

2. Before the Jets playoff game last year.

Losing to the Giants this regular season may have been a blessing in disguise. The close, ugly win against Baltimore two weeks ago also is a perfect setup going into this game as well. No more overconfidence from us. It's all on the other team, now. The stars are aligned.

I've refrained from making predictions about this game still will do that, but I, too, am liking our chances more and more here. :cool:

I will sleep fine...thinking about the game and all of the scenarios...pats win...pats lose (really make my stomach turn)

But i think pats win

i'll be nervous right up to kickoff, then more nervous with each play

I've been going over all the possible outcomes all week, and though I know the possibility that it will be #2 is small, I have to admit that possibility did give me a little bit of stomach acid:

1) The Pats win BIG.

2) The Pats win a fairly close game.

I just hate the thought that the media and Giants fans could even believe at some point after the 1st quarter that the Giants actually still have a slim chance.

I know this will sound stupid, but SB42 did wonders for my sports nerves. Just like the rest of you, I went into a sports coma after that game, but I had also just had my first child. As much as I wanted to just sit around and be moody about the game, I had a 3 month old that depended on me to move on. That one game made me realize, pretty quickly, that no matter how bad a loss is, my home-life really doesn't change and I have more important things to worry about. All that said, I just can't get nervous about this game...I really want the Pats to win, but if they don't it can't hurt as much as 42, and now I have 2 beautiful kids and a wife to ease my pain...

...and if that doesn't work, I have a fridge full of beer and a stocked liquor cabinet!

I'll tell you what, I'm like a billion times more calm now than I was at this time the last time the Patriots got this far. The nerves are sure to kick in closer to kickoff, but it will be more of a "I can't wait!" type of anxiety instead of a "please let's just get this over with" type.

I've had a pretty relaxing evening playing some Gears of War 3 with my wife and friends. I'm more excited then nervous.

I'll sleep fine, BB and Brady are leading us

I'm good.

Four years ago it didn't smell right. We thought the game was already won, the best team of all time, but they weren't wininng as dominantly at the end of the season.

The guys on this team are scrappers. The D doesn't have Rodney, Bruschi etc. but they are a far cry better than the beginning of the season.
I wish we had Carter & Gronk @ 100%, but...

#1 -- Belichick has been strutting around Indy like the cat just ate the canary, JUST LIKE HE DID BEFORE DENVER'S DISMANTALING.
He Knows the Pats are going to win.

I'm going to enjoy this.

I know this will sound stupid, but SB42 did wonders for my sports nerves. Just like the rest of you, I went into a sports coma after that game, but I had also just had my first child. As much as I wanted to just sit around and be moody about the game, I had a 3 month old that depended on me to move on. That one game made me realize, pretty quickly, that no matter how bad a loss is, my home-life really doesn't change and I have more important things to worry about. All that said, I just can't get nervous about this game...I really want the Pats to win, but if they don't it can't hurt as much as 42, and now I have 2 beautiful kids and a wife to ease my pain...

...and if that doesn't work, I have a fridge full of beer and a stocked liquor cabinet!

Doesnt sound stupid att all, its the most sane post in this thread. Ill be excited as all hell if they win but I have a life to go back to either way, a win would make my mood much brighter for awhile though.

Losing to the Giants this regular season may have been a blessing in disguise. The close, ugly win against Baltimore two weeks ago also is a perfect setup going into this game as well. No more overconfidence from us. It's all on the other team, now. The stars are aligned.

I've refrained from making predictions about this game still will do that, but I, too, am liking our chances more and more here. :cool:

I feel the same way. The previous loss should be a focusing effect. Hopefully.

I feel the same way. The previous loss should be a focusing effect. Hopefully.

And I think its having an opposite effect in the Giants, they think they're better than they are.

I have tomorrow pretty much planned out to keep me busy until 5:30. Running, a late breakfast at Ihop with the family, a movie, food shopping, and then prepping dinner should eat up my day nicely.

I keep going back and for between "Giants pass rush will destroy us" to "would Belichick and Brady REALLY let that happen again"? Guess we'll know in less that 24 hours...

Kicked in two hours ago cannot sleep. Sitting in car smoking cigar typing on phone. Need to sleep work in moring. Please patriots please win it shut up all these jerks. Please please pleas please please. Dam am I five years old?

Just like I said...... I slept like a baby.....

The smoker has been maintaining a steady 225-230 degrees since 8am, the ribs and the brisket look better than Gisele, I've got a row of blue hill brewing dunkelweizen growlers chilling on the patio, and I even added a bottle of Jameson to the lineup.

I feel like this right now......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBksHaTQCbU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes