PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else feel better this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Because if you do , your better than I am.. I have not wathced the game, nor have I tried to watch highlights of it.. I have turned the NFL Network back on for the simple purpose , I love the old super bowl highlights, espically with John Facenda.. And I cant get enough of America's game which is the single most best production NFL Films has come up with.. I dont think I could watch ESPN till the draft, and then again I will be watching the NFL Networks coverage, which is 100 times better.. I could get on a rant about ESPN,but that is a thread for another day. .Bottom line is I still feel horrible about it, today I woke up after a dream that we scored on that final drive, and Manning pouted on the sidelines.. Oh well I guess we have 7 months of agony, to think about it.. I know probably about 1045 pm next sunday, the football season is over, and I do miss football, but will feel alot better when all of the leauge is 0-0

Because if you do , your better than I am.. I have not wathced the game, nor have I tried to watch highlights of it.. I have turned the NFL Network back on for the simple purpose , I love the old super bowl highlights, espically with John Facenda.. And I cant get enough of America's game which is the single most best production NFL Films has come up with.. I dont think I could watch ESPN till the draft, and then again I will be watching the NFL Networks coverage, which is 100 times better.. I could get on a rant about ESPN,but that is a thread for another day. .Bottom line is I still feel horrible about it, today I woke up after a dream that we scored on that final drive, and Manning pouted on the sidelines.. Oh well I guess we have 7 months of agony, to think about it.. I know probably about 1045 pm next sunday, the football season is over, and I do miss football, but will feel alot better when all of the leauge is 0-0

How would you feel if you couldn't watch the NFL Network this week because your cable company decided to drop it?

Welcome to my life. :)

The latter part of this week was fine, with the Senior Bowl, etc. This coming week will blow big time. 9 or 10 days, a few days after the Super Bowl will be fine again.

Have to buy a dish, which is why I still keep the dish.. but my cable company has no added it on to the programming... Still keep the dish , for one purpose, to watch Pats games..

I felt alot better after getting knee deep in scouting college prospects. I really enjoyed the game last night on the NFL network and now am having visions of particular Safeties and LB's being in Pat's uni's next season. That is a good sign of recovery. The other visions of Hobb's phantom PI call and the non pi vs Caldwell are slowly fading.

Last edited:
I agree. I have no desire to watch anything NFL related until about the scouting combine. By then the Super Bowl hype will have died down and the my mind will have turned fully towards the draft. Right now, it is still too fresh in my mind what happened last week in Indy. I look at draft picks and I think of what could have been, not what could be. By late February I'll be ready to look ahead.

I have and will continue to avoid all sports media until after the superbowl. And if the Colts win the Superbowl, I will avoid sports media until the superbowl craze has died down.

I have the Colts-Pats game on tape, and have not watched it. I will wait till we're deep into the offseason to watch the first half again. I will never watch the second half again...at least for a long long time.

How would you feel if you couldn't watch the NFL Network this week because your cable company decided to drop it?

Welcome to my life. :)

time for direct tv. make the switch

I sure don't, I am still trying to re coup from being wide awake Sun. night/Mon. morning from 1:00 am to 6:00 re living the game in my head. Worst night in my life (very close to the Denver playoff game last year). What made that night even more worse was when I kind of dosed off at 5:45 am, my radio alarm clock went off at 6:00 am with the re play of the Lamar Hunt Trophy presentation to the Colts. That sucked big time. Man I hate the Colts - Good luck Bears!!!!!!!

Hah...misery loves company. I too feel like C-R-A-P. I will take early vacation this coming Saturday and watch the game in Aruba of all places. I so hope the Bears win the thing, but pretty sure they won't.

I never though I would feel worse than I did after last years Denver game....boy was I wrong.

The memories of a season that should have gone on to Miami will be slow to fade.

However, keep the faith, we have a hell of a team returning with coach & management in tact. Since we average about a 15 player turnover from year to year - I am very excited about the new 15 we will get made up of a few FA's and a new crop of rookies. I have finally decided in my mind that we need to keep Assante at just about all costs.

Yeah, feeling much better. Looking beyond Superbowl towards free agency period, draft day, minicamp, training camp. Go Pats

Last edited:
I actually feel better today after feeling lousy for the whole week. Staying away from all sports programs has helped immensely. I will probably tune into the start of the SB, with the TV on mute so as not to hear any Manning worship from the announcers, just to determine whether the Bears have a chance. A Colts win will mean a continuation of no sports program watching until the combine.

I'm doing a complete re-evaluation of my future relationship as a viewer of both ESPN and NFL Network. The way the mediots on espn openly rooted for the Colts all week was disgusting.

Then you have Adam Schefter's PSYOP campaign last week with the whole McDanials (non) story.

i'm totally over it. it's just sports. i'd say that i'll be avoiding espn for the next week, but i already do.

I'm pretty much over the game. I'll ignore the Superbowl (easily done when it starts the wrong side of midnight) but I am starting to get antsy for some action: FA, draft, mini camp etc.

For those of you looking for an alternative over the coming weeks, I commend rugby's Six Nations tournament, which is a stretch, for many of you, I suspect. But, hey, it's no more unlikely than me obsessing about the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes