PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else concerned about the DL casualties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Injury Report: Whole bunches of DL's missing...

McCourty (rib), Brady (foot/shoulder), Brace (concussion), GWarren (knee), Pryor (back) and Wright (concussion) all did not practice.

Branch was limited w/ a knee injury.

That's a whack of DL. Ruh Roh. Good thing the Pack can't run it.

Last edited:
Re: Injury Report: Whole bunches of DL's missing...

Did Wright's brain explode or something?

Better too be safe than sorry with head injuries. If he comes back too soon his chance of re-injury is higher. The Pats could use him in the playoffs.

Brace (concussion), GWarren (knee), Pryor (back) and Wright (concussion) all did not practice.

Brady, Branch and McC should be ok.

The depth on the d-line is sure getting tested.

So that leaves a healthy DL lineup of Wilfork, Deaderick, Moore, Leonard, and Love?

Or to put it another way: Vince Wilfork is the only healthy defensive lineman on the team who played a snap in the NFL last season.

Or to put it yet another way: what defensive front can you put together with those guys? Maybe a 4-3 with Wilfork & Love at DT, Moore and Cunningham at OLB?

Or to put it yet another way: what defensive front can you put together with those guys? Maybe a 4-3 with Wilfork & Love at DT, Moore and Cunningham at OLB?

If the new guy is ready (somehow) we can still run 3-4. I think Base-D is in Jeopardy, but that may not be an issue w/ the Pack who can't run. Especially if they can't throw, either.

The last time Branch was slowed by a knee he did not play very well *coughs* Cleveland game.

At this rate i would keep Mike Wright out until the playoffs.

So that leaves a healthy DL lineup of Wilfork, Deaderick, Moore, Leonard, and Love?

Or to put it another way: Vince Wilfork is the only healthy defensive lineman on the team who played a snap in the NFL last season.

Belichick is going to suit up his mom, coach her up and unleash her for 3 hurries, 4 sacks and 5 tackles this Sunday.

It's not just the defensive line, the Pats don't have a lot of experience and/or depth at cornerback either right now. McCourty is less than 100%, leaving the Pats with Arrington (1st year starting), Butler (5 NFL starts), and what; the recently signed Chevis Jackson (3 NFL starts), plus Tony Carter on the PS?

Big change from a year ago with Bodden and Wilhite on IR, and Springs and Wheatly released.

I heard Woodhead would be in for all of them.

Still early in the week though. Figure if at least two of those four (Brace, GWarren, Pryor, Wright) are ready to play Sunday, the Pats will be fine on the line; worst case scenario they add Lorenzo Washington from the Practice Squad.

Last edited:

Wonder if this means we'll be seeing more of Arrington at DE...

Seriously though, would it make sense for the Pats to work on their the 4-3 front a little in the next game or two?

steve-carell.gif

Put it this way: that line is going to need some more Love.

that'll probably be what happens. alot of 4 man fronts with wilfork/love/deadrick playing inside and more/tbc/ninko/cunningham playing on the end if we ever go the 3/4 i think we'll see wilfork at end and love in the middle leaving deadrick the other end

BB lists every hangnail as an injury.......Warren may have gotten a day off to rest up......

I just hope McCourty isn't a long term nagging injury.....

Four may not play this week. Brace and Wright with concussions, Warren with a knee problem, and Pryor with a back problem. No way to know how far any of these extend going forward.

Leaves us with Wilfork, Leonard, and the rookies Love and Deaderick, And the new kid Eric Moore at 267 pounds.

I'd hate to have GB get a running game going when they wouldn't normally be able to.

Especially by week 15, you will always have injuries to worry about. Your point is not a bad one, but I think we have the clear advantage -- clearer because of the injury situation -- at quarterback (just an example.)

Get a beeh and enjoy the game. Call me crazy but I feel pretty good about our chances this week. Although it can happen in any given game, I haven't seen a defense this season that can stop the Pats' 2010 incarnation... so if Brandon Jackson gashes us for a hundred fifty yards, something tells me that, unlike the Peyton Hillis situation, we'll have an answer.

I realize I have now officially jinxed the remainder of the Patriots 2010 season, but jeez. Every game's a trap game, every injury's the one that breaks the camel's back, etc.

I'm going to just wait for the game where some of this stuff actually happens. The beauty part is I don't control it anyway, right?

Pats should still win this game and eventually get a 1st round bye. That is not where my concern lies.

I'm more concerned about the potential long-term problems that can step from playing more than a player should- particularity Wilfork. Hes played ALOT of snaps these past few weeks and I'm hoping that does not have a residual effect on his stamina for possibly 6 more games. I just go back to the Ravens playoff game. The D-Line was mauled in that one. Party due to lack of depth and size.

In addition the opposing QB play and respective running games will be better in the playoffs. A healthy Wright and Pryor would help provide an added push up the middle.

With that said, enjoy the rest of the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots